Perks useless?

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
DaLoc
Commodore

Re: Perks useless?

Post#21 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:47 am

Just activated steadfast conviction level 5. It cost the same price but is lasting 4 days for me.
Ios (Empire) SithForceElite (HQ 8+) Sithforceacademy (HQ 8-)
Maxed HQ 10 (cept lvl 32 and 20 dekas)
Ios (Rebel) MiserySquad1E (HQ 9+) MiseryAcademy1E (HQ 9-)
HQ 9

Lux
Squadron Leader

Post#22 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:54 am

Has anyone else noticed that the cost of the perks and the expiration date has changed for some of the perks? wondering if it is a player wide thing or if the devs are "experimenting" again?

FinrodFelagund
Major General

Post#23 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:29 am

It seems an experiment, some players get 4 day long perks, others get a single hour.
We used bows, then we discovered bowcasters.
The Pointy-eared folk have a couple openings

syncpan77
Major General

Post#24 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:40 am

Yeah, on each of my 2 accounts, times are different on my 2nd, they remain the same on my main acct.
EMPandemonium "We're a small squad with a big fight in us."
Leaderboard Rank: #??? - Battle Score: 584,000 - Squad War Record: 71W - 4D - 22L .

Darkdonations
ORDER-99

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#25 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:45 am

I have 25% of the cost, but they only last one hour with a cooldown of six hours. Completely worthless now; I can't even keep perks activated while playing for a stretch because they'll all go on cooldown.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

DeathStriker

Post#26 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:32 pm

DaLoc wrote:Just activated steadfast conviction level 5. It cost the same price but is lasting 4 days for me.

Lux wrote:Has anyone else noticed that the cost of the perks and the expiration date has changed for some of the perks? wondering if it is a player wide thing or if the devs are "experimenting" again?

These plus the other "reports" may indicate a new possible Squad Wars "event" is coming soon.

I would prefer that to some random "A/B Test" being done by Game Developers.

I guess we will just have to wait and see...

Death_Striker is looking for Level 1-7 Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#27 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:47 pm

My perks have just dropped in cost to 10% of their previous values. Which makes them useful. Unfortunately they only last 1 hour.
HQ 10 - 15K medals - Kenobi's Command - L 50 Squad - Max perks - 3 Squad Wars a week

Stop by for Wars, perks and rep points. We're maxed out.

"You must do what you think is right, of course" (We're the good guys)

Eidolon
Commander

Squad Perks: Starship decreased commission time

Post#28 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:25 pm

Eidolon wrote:Board: Suggestions and Feedback
Subject: Squad Perks: Starship decreased commission time

My squad is level 20 with numerous tier 4 perks, they still don't balance out the cost of the perk for 12h.
The most useful perk doesn't exist:
Starship decreased commission time

Fair enough later perks allowing decreased commission cost might be useful spending on perk cost, but my loadout: 2× TIE Interceptors, 6× TIE Defenders takes 2 hours 20 minutes!
Less than 12 matches per day assuming I wanted full loadout...

Addition: I agree with the above posts stating squad troop donation number and rerequest time reduction, and to a lesser degree droideka repair reduction time are the only semi-useful perks - especially regarding cost effectiveness.
Possibly at very high tier level, as long as the increase in perk cost per tier is low, then it might balance out - especially if you have really need one resource and have spare of the other.

Currently i mostly use perks to reduce my available resources before log off; in an attempt to try to reduce raid chance; i'm a new HQ9 and have alot of upgrading to do.
--

(-:- Eidolon -:-)

Sith'n'Slytherin - Squad Leader
Medals: 17,800+

HQ: 10 / Donated: 14,346 / Reputation: 1,089 / Base: 2,792 / Medals: 17,857 / Atk: 2,239 / Def: 333 / Joined: 2015-02-15

DerpyDerp
Squadron Leader

Post#29 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:44 pm

The only ones that I've found to provide decent value are the donation increase and deka repair. Haven't really used the donate time reduction as I rarely use the SC on attack.

I have spend on the loot generation rate boosts, but only to sink credits. Otherwise, they come more than they return.

shokk
Cadet Trooper

Post#30 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:24 pm

I'm on the game quite a bit so having this reduced to 1 hour limits with 6 hour cool downs makes the whole idea now pretty useless. I'm basically out of perks for the day so this feature has become a total disappointment. :evil: Would prefer it went back to the original time limits.

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”