Unfair matching for Rebels

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
Syrak
Squadron Leader

Unfair matching for Rebels

Post#1 » Sat May 14, 2016 9:37 am

I believe with 4.0.0.1 it has made it unfair for rebels.

We are a squad ranked in the 3,000s with 1 h10, 1 hq9, 8 hq 8s, and 5 hq7s...how can it be fair we were matched with a group ranked #300 overall with 8 hq10s and 7hq9s?
"Do or do not, there is no try" - Master Yoda

Rebel88
Captain

Re: Unfair matching for Rebels

Post#2 » Sun May 15, 2016 6:16 am

I'm completely with you Syrak. We just got obliterated by an imperial squad that had 4 lvl 10 bases and no one below an 8. Our squad has zero lvl 10 bases, five lvl 9 bases, and a variety of different lvl bases that goes down to lvl 5.

Jayjack
Admiral

Post#3 » Sun May 15, 2016 6:42 am

Guys u think for awhile it's going to be hard if you have a mix of high level players with low level players... Only thing I can suggest is choose a time when most of yr players will be on... Use your lowest level players to take outpost asap and then the rest of your players attack at once whilst you have the advantage of all 3 outpost
. On our squad our 4 lowest level players only go for outpost and are ready to recapture as soon as the enemy takes it...
What ever happens you can not let the enemy control outpost and then attack...
We are a rebel squad with 3 level 10 the rest 7-8-9... But we are just in out 4th squad war and we are smashing them 43 to 24 this will be our 4th win...

Outpost r key and having as many players online at the same time to attack once you gain outpost is key...

We were pitted against an Empire squad ranked 303 and most of their players were level 10 and a few 9 none were lower than that... It was our strategy that helped amazingly but on top of that our base defence layouts are top notch so we won slot of defences...

Get the outpost then attack attack attack....
Jedi-Master's defence strategists!!!

Jayjack
Admiral

Post#4 » Sun May 15, 2016 6:47 am

You can check my post under recent topics 'Rate my early level 9 base' there you will see a base layout that has absolutely smashed it in defence wins... Also you can see our progress on squad wars under recent topics Jedi-Master's vs The Empire...

Now feel free to upload yr bases under rate my early level 9 base and let's see if we can improve on yr defences... Kind regards jj
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rebel88
Captain

Post#5 » Sun May 15, 2016 6:21 pm

Hey Jayjack. Thanks for the input. The only reason we didn't get 100% beaten was thanks to variations of your base layout. However, our lvl 9 bases are early in development. None of us have all our turrets at an 8 yet. And when it comes to the outpost factories, the other squad took out 40 uplinks without the outposts. They didnt need them.

TheCleaner
Commodore

Post#6 » Sun May 15, 2016 8:35 pm

Match ups are not always even, but don't be discouraged, gives you an opportunity to hone your skills as attackers, base builders and as a team, and if you loose you still get loot. Upsets can happen with skill and coordination by the underdog.
Active accounts iOS
Start 4/17-Knick Knack, Rebel, Mini Base, HQ10, Rank 16, Officer -corpsegrinder-, a home for minis.

Jayjack
Admiral

Post#7 » Sun May 15, 2016 11:00 pm

Hi all,,, I recently made tweaks to my base about 3 days ago and wow it's been absolutely smashing it... Got 9 straight defence wins last night and in total I got 12 for that day... Just woke up to 2 more defence wins this morning...
Check my new base in 'rate my early level 9 base' and maybe implement it and hopefully this will help..

DJANGOtheDissilent
Commander

Post#8 » Mon May 16, 2016 5:24 am

I hear you Syrak. We got slaughtered over the weekend by a top 200 squad - 2500 places higher than us.

I understand that imp squads were having a hard time finding a matchup, but this update is just going to make things worse. Now none of us expects to win every time. We play for fun. But we're not gonna be someones chew toy either. So count us out until the devs correct this "matchup" quick fix they pulled out of their butts.

Syrak
Squadron Leader

Post#9 » Mon May 16, 2016 9:26 pm

Yeah we don't expect to win every time and play for fun. But its not fun if its not even close.

This time we went with 1 HQ10, 1 HQ9, 10 HQ 8s, 1 HQ7, 2 HQ5s and we are going against

Empire : 2 HQ10s, 7 HQ 9s, 4 HQ 8s, 1 HQ7, 1 HQ5.

Better than before but still not even close head to head when they got 9 HQ10-9s and we got 2.

Syrak
Squadron Leader

Post#10 » Mon May 16, 2016 9:29 pm

I hear it takes hours(up to 48 it says) for Empire to match, but it doesn't even take us 60 seconds. Don't understand how their algorithm is that fast at matching. How about take a little longer searching for us rebels and find a fairer match?

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”