Campaign The Sickness 25, 26+ (3 Stars)

Trick or Treat? How about both! All in one campaign.
raptor
Major General

Campaign The Sickness 25, 26+ (3 Stars)

Post#1 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:41 am

The last campaign and beyond is quite difficult because of the sheer number of death troopers. I was able to get 1 star after barely taking down the HQ in 26 and barely 2 stars in 25. There are a couple of strategies I will be testing out and will let you know how well they work. The first 2 strategies should be able to get you at least 1-2 stars. I think the 3rd strategy is how Disney intended us to get 3 stars. If anyone has any other ideas, please post below.

1. Mass Dewbacks, which does area damage to take out the death troopers faster. However, this might not leave much DPS left for taking out the buildings and turrets.

2. Mass soldiers and storm troopers, which have high DPS to take down all the death troopers as quickly as possible, while having bare minimum of DT/tanks required to take down turrets and the rest.

3. (This might what Disney intended) Purchase the "limited demo" level 3 air strike starship for only 10 points. These will help take out groups of death troopers. Then use your normal composition for the rest of your army to take out their base. As long as you have enough repair droids to survive the initial waves of death troopers, this strategy can lead you to 3 stars and easily make back the 10 points spent purchasing the striker starships.

Campaign The Sickness 25
http://youtu.be/rVtyJ8QJrUU

Campaign The Sickness 26.1
http://youtu.be/7UU950kFn5A
You can play this campaign up to 140 times. If you are having trouble with other missions, you can milk this mission for at least one star until you get to 6000 points. Simply focus on taking down the HQ using the strategies described above will gain you 90 points.

wedge731

Any tips for completing level 25/ 26?

Post#2 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:41 pm

It's happened again. Just like with the 2 previous campaigns I get deep into it and I hit a brick wall. No matter what configuration of units I try I cannot even get 1 star on the last 2 levels. I'd be interested to know if anyone has completed the entire campaign and been rewarded with the HWK-290. It seems to me that you have to score 3 stars on every level just to get enough points to purchase the 290. It also seems that if you purchase some of them to use in the campaign like they suggest then you are not left with enough points to purchase the unit permanently. I've been using Y-Wing to take down the hoards of Death Troopers but with the A.I. Issues and time limit, I always seem to be short handed troops and just throwing away resources. If something doesn't change soon, I thing I'll loose interest and go back to Command and Conquer where I have more control over units and I don't have to spend real money in order to speed construction times. Any help would be appreciated.

raptor
Major General

Re: Campaign The Sickness 25, 26+ (3 Stars)

Post#3 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:01 pm

Wedge,

You can replay the last mission (26) up to 140 times, so even getting just 1 star each time will give you enough points to unlock the unit. I moved your topic here as it's more fitting. Take a look at my suggestions and videos. See if they help.

Return to “Campaign III: The Sickness - Happy Halloween”