How to 3 Star Chapter 9 - Mission X-XII (10-12)

raptor
Major General

How to 3 Star Chapter 9 - Mission X-XII (10-12)

Post#1 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:25 pm

In these 3 missions, we have a PvP, a simple AI base, and a challenge mission.

This PvP mission result was a bit embarrassing but that's just the way with the world, can't 3 star them all.

The AI base on 11, was extremely easy after the last couple AI missions. If you use Tanks and Pathfinders with a couple troops on the outside, you can probably take down this mission in under 1 minute.

The challenge mission #12 is very easy because you're allotted a lot of time, and is given 3 heroes to work with. Leia can pretty much single handedly complete the entire mission if you want to simply stick 3 Droid on her. But I wanted to see if I can complete the mission the way it was probably designed - without losing a single Hero. So even though I will have gotten 3 stars in the video, I stopped prematurely on purpose so I can try again later.

Scoundrels and Schemes 10 - 3 Stars
http://youtu.be/raF-d-4C7Ag

Scoundrels and Schemes 11 - 3 Stars
http://youtu.be/P69BXy6rVRk

Scoundrels and Schemes 10 - 3 Stars
Leia can pretty much single handedly complete this challenge, but I ended it before the 3 star because I wanted to try again with no casualties. Figured with so many Heroes and Droids, it should be do able. Key is to get Leia and snipers to focus on the Hero AT-ST as soon as it comes out instead of getting distracted by other units or stuck hitting the shields. I'll figure out something.
http://youtu.be/sJviTpJnM3o

raptor
Major General

Re: How to 3 Star Chapter 9 - Mission X-XII (10-12)

Post#2 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:29 pm

Got an update for you guys.

This strategy for mission 12, the challenge mission, is improved from the first try. The shield is down before the Hero AT-ST comes out so Leia and snipers can target down the AT-ST without having to worry about shields. I think the snipers should be able to survive as well. Will post the "perfect" 3 star once I get it.

http://youtu.be/KEAfMWXgr3A

raptor
Major General

Re: How to 3 Star Chapter 9 - Mission X-XII (10-12) PERFECT

Post#3 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:19 pm

Finally achieved PERFECT 3 stars (all 3 Heroes deployed and survived along with all other troops) on the challenge mission. The strategy is similar to the second attempt, but the timing and placement improved so the units pathing is better. The sharpshooters did not wander off away from Leia and helped to take down the AT-ST in seconds.

I beat the entire mission with 1 minute and 38 seconds to spare. Should have done even better on time if I deployed Han Solo at the top Turrets instead of the bottom ones. Let me know if you did better.

Really wish Disney would allow us to reply missions you have 3 started, and play with any level units.

Enjoy.

http://youtu.be/00C1_2UOJdM

Nikodemos

Post#4 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:46 pm

Hi

I run this mission more than 30 times in the pattern in your video with no success. I can't stop the first turrets from wiping out the droids. After that there just isn't enough health to get a full clearance. Why are they targeting the droids when I play versus how you deploy?

raptor
Major General

Post#5 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:17 pm

I believe there was an update that caused turret to no longer lock on to a target until the target is destroyed. I cannot go back once 3 star so I cannot confirm. Even with the Turret update, I think you should still be able to 3 star the mission with little trouble since Leia can almost single handed it do it herself. Good luck.

kensho
Cadet Trooper

Post#6 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:45 am

Hey Nikodemos and anybody else who's trying Raptor's strategy:

You need to tweak the strategy a bit to account for the changes in the AI. Drop Chewie and Leia first, but DON'T drop the R2's right away. Wait for all the stormtroopers to come out of the barracks on the left, then hit 'em with the Strix. Keep an eye on Chewie and Leia's health... you want to stall as long as you can, but not too long, before dropping the R2's... wait until one or both of them get to about 10-15% health. Right about this time, the shield should come down and Chewie will take out the left turret. Leia will finish off her stormtroopers while Chewie takes out the second turret. They will then start running up the west side. Drop one sniper with them as they start to move.

At this point, I dumped all 8 rebel troopers right next to the bottom turret on the Northwest side, to distract the turrets and take the weaker one out. This may be optional.

Be ready to drop the other three to take out the shadow troopers (or whatever those are) and the chicken walker hero. You'll need to be super-careful about placement of your snipers: put 'em just slightly in the wrong place and they'll start shooting walls while the hero mows them down. They also have to be near the R2. Once the hero's down, it all gets pretty easy, as long as you've managed to keep (at minimum) Leia, an R2 and a couple of snipers alive.

Drop Han and the last R2 by the bottom turret on the Southeast side, and then pretty much sit back and enjoy the show.

Hope this helps!
Kensho

Chango

Post#7 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:40 am

It pains me to agree with those who say XII is impossible. Obviously there's video proof that we are wrong, but I've scoured the internet for written tutorials, videos, advice from squad mates and other SWC players, both empire and rebellion, and I've repeatedly tried the methods listed here, but ultimately all that all adds up to is multiple dozens of failed attempts with ever-varying strategy, and a mere 68% completion. I guess I'm not really asking for help because I think there's no more to be had, but it sure is highly frustrating and pretty deeply disappointing. No matter the placement, no matter the timing, the droids get taken out almost immediately, Leia wanders around aimlessly, the snipers don't help because they're all doing their own thing, all the Strix is good for is taking out a small amount of rebs OR taking a tiny little nibble out of the hero walker, and Han just... dies. Instantly. Unless all my meds are on him, he helps less than the snipers. It utterly STUPEFIES me as I read in this thread that Leia can handle it all on her own. We must be playing a FAR different game, you and I. Which leads me to a productive question; let's say I've entirely given up trying to complete this mission. Let's say I move on and keep leveling up, upgrading, etc., then later on down the line decide to give it a shot again. Obviously my assets will be stronger and more advanced, but will the heroes/troops provided in XII be stronger too? Does level-matching encompass challenge missions? Will the heroes/troops provided level up with me? Or am I stuck with those lower level options?

Anon

Post#8 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:25 pm

Confirmed. This strategy, with the tweaks, works.

Brucebones
Lieutenant

Post#9 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:52 am

I finally managed to do this, it appears to be a hit & miss scenario, I started at the top, using several different heroes, eventually getting Han & Chewie into a combination where they ran off while the rest worked their way through, I ended up with just the sharp shooters & luckily all 3 R2 units were still alive & keeping them going. I managed to complete it with 2 seconds remaining! It's tough but I think Leia & these 4 sharp shooters & the R2 units are key to completing this mission!

Laurion

Post#10 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:11 pm

Now that turrets target droids it's impossible, this was a dumb mission.

Return to “Chapter 9 (Rebel) - Scoundrels and Schemes”