Level 8 rebel base

Share a screenshot of your base here and have people rate it.
All your base are belong to us.! For great justice!

Poll: Rate my base

Great!
40%
Its ok.
20%
Bad!
40%
Total votes: 5

Zoltan
Officer

Level 8 rebel base

Post#1 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:06 am

So I've been changing my base up quite a bit trying to settle on something. It is currently working great for heroic defenses. But pvp not so much, im finally getting around to upgrading turrets to level 8 (I've done a few) but I'm hanging out here at 8 to upgrade everything and collect frags. Just curious what others thought... maybe getting my rockets up to level 8 will help with the pvp.

I usually use the enhanced heat sink for both turrets, and give rockets mounting enhancement. the vanguard gaurd reserve... walls and a random building defensive (usually alloy for this base layout)
I have other gaurd reserve. But they don't seem to do much (low level) I'll occasionly sacrifice the other armory options to run two types of gaurd reserve.

So I guess I'm trying to do just a little better at pvp battles... hoth has way too much going on right now, I almost always get 3 started. I usually fair a little better on TAT.

DeathStriker

Re: Level 8 rebel base

Post#2 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:24 am

Zoltan wrote:So I've been changing my base up quite a bit trying to settle on something. It is currently working great for heroic defenses. But pvp not so much, im finally getting around to upgrading turrets to level 8 (I've done a few) but I'm hanging out here at 8 to upgrade everything and collect frags. Just curious what others thought... maybe getting my rockets up to level 8 will help with the pvp. ...]

Zoltan - I see a few issues with your Base.

• If you want improve HD Wins you will need to move both Hero Command and Starship Command closer to North (up) Corner as well as use double Walls to the South (down) with one space between each row of Walls.
  • If you don't have access to Sharpshooter GR and/or Sullustan Sharp Armory Skin than on Hoth I would recommend you use Bantha GR combined with TaunTaun Armory Skin if possible.
  • You should concentrate on only using Heat Sink Armory Equipment for Burst and Rocket Turrets.
  • While you have Barracks under Shields you should move Factories so they are not easily destroy by Enemy Units. Placing Factories under Shields is also recommended.
:arrow: KEEP IN MIND - That there is no "perfect Base" and the best you can hope for is a Base that "on average" Wins both PvP and Heroic Defenses. Most Commanders either concentrate on developing a HD Base (one designed to Win all Heroic Defenses) - OR - concentrate on developing a PvP Base (one designed to Win mostly all PvP Defensive Attacks).

You must decide which (PvP Wins or HD Wins) is important to you and design your Base to match.

It has been an honor and a privilege helping the SWC Community. MTFBWYA

TKTB51
Admiral

Post#3 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:45 am

you should also not reveal your trap placements in postings here, you don't need to help rebs plan their drops

I run only burst and sonic turrets. Get those up to level 8 and it should help you
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

Zoltan
Officer

Post#4 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:59 am

Thanks, going try the banthas with tauntons, never thought to try that. I have very little issues getting 3 stars on my HDs. I may bring out some of my resources to get the factories deeper in the base for pvp, I have some gaurd reserves for factories, they just dont seem to do much at level 1 yet.
Never thought about posting trap locations, lol... didn't think many scouters here would actually run into me in game. But some people do take this game pretty seriously I'm learning. Lol.

TKTB51
Admiral

Post#5 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:27 am

and you can use different armory settings for PvP and for HD, so just toggle to what you need for HD, run it, then toggle back

Zoltan
Officer

Post#6 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:38 am

Wish they had a quick/favorite setting for an armory loadout. One tap would load a preset loadout.
I have forgotten to change everything after an attack, and get decimated because I had none of my turrets on. Lol

Zoltan
Officer

Post#7 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:37 am

Also on the traps. Any advice on those? I usually blend them in the walls. And I put my stronger traps in that north corner for the occasional corner drop attack. I usually move them around depending on how I feel lol.

TKTB51
Admiral

Post#8 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:02 am

I've also thought having a few "trays" for one tap Armory settings would be great.

Hide your traps so they can't be shot - gaps in walls, covered by turrets, are often effective. That way the unit that is focused on rushing/killing a trap gets blasted before it can fire the shot.

Return to “Rate My Base Layout”