New HQ 8 Base

Share a screenshot of your base here and have people rate it.
All your base are belong to us.! For great justice!

Poll: "How is my base layout?"

Awesome Layout!
33%
Might just get by.
33%
You are doomed.
33%
Total votes: 18

Oz657
Lieutenant

Re: New HQ 8 Base

Post#11 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:14 pm

Calboy wrote:Medal dumping goes against the grain, why bother then. At jades fire we never do that along with our top squad. Play real guys

That’s a different debate for a different thread, thanks for the feedback.

I will say, that medal dumping is a beautiful part about the game, people from all corners of the world can play the way they want to, lemming in roll over leia (top squad) is a prime example, 2 lvl 1 turrets to fly under the base score, is it fair? Debatable. Is it ingenious? Yes!! Useful for war? Probably not....
Last edited by Oz657 on Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

toname
Commodore

Post#12 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:47 pm

Calboy wrote:Medal dumping goes against the grain, why bother then. At jades fire we never do that along with our top squad. Play real guys

Depends on why you play the game. If you want to grind for conflicts at HQ8 to accumulate frags, then medal dumping is a necessity in order to get matched with reasonable bases.

XitLiteNtrNite
Major General

Post#13 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:41 pm

My lvl8 HD imperial base. No need for the HQ, air or SC to get bronzium crates.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In game name: Paper Tiger
Officer in: ThatsNoMoon
Line ID: paper-tiger
Discord: Paper Tiger#6882

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#14 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:04 am

toname wrote:

Depends on why you play the game. If you want to grind for conflicts at HQ8 to accumulate frags, then medal dumping is a necessity in order to get matched with reasonable bases.

Some players laughing about medal dumping simply forget that no one has the same game experience or is in the same level. They forget that there is life in SWC below Level 10 and Prestige. It's a shame that Prestige players need to dump medals, because they are at the top of the food chain and are matched only with bases of their level or below.

But if you are HQ 7, or HQ 8 like the OP, you are dead if you:

max out your defenses, or/and
have a high number of medals

Doesn't matter how good is your layout if you are HQ 8, or how strong your defensive equipments are. You are dead. It's not funny to see your base being wipped out by 10s and 11s all the time, and having to attack 10s and 11s because matchmaking is fubar.

You have only 3 options: Accept because is how the game works, quit the game because no one likes to lose all the time, or drop medals to try find better rivals.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation. Currently in "Giveandgettroops" (Level 50 Imperial Squad) and "SevenOfNine2" Level 50 Rebel Squad -- training squads, everyone is welcome!

Nataabutterfly
Officer

Post#15 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:16 pm

mkenobi wrote:
toname wrote:

Some players laughing about medal dumping simply forget that no one has the same game experience or is in the same level. They forget that there is life in SWC below Level 10 and Prestige. It's a shame that Prestige players need to dump medals, because they are at the top of the food chain and are matched only with bases of their level or below.

Doesn't matter how good is your layout if you are HQ 8, or how strong your defensive equipments are. You are dead. It's not funny to see your base being wipped out by 10s and 11s all the time, and having to attack 10s and 11s because matchmaking is fubar.

You have only 3 options: Accept because is how the game works, quit the game because no one likes to lose all the time, or drop medals to try find better rivals.

Agreed :roll:

Nataabutterfly
Officer

Post#16 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:17 pm

mkenobi wrote:
toname wrote:

Tho, which way is best? Upgrade defense and dump medals or keep turrets at low lvl?

Mainzer
Officer

Post#17 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:10 am

Well,
I think like others already responded.... Its how players play this game. If all would play the game as expected (no medal dump or creating sandbagger bases to play mini) the Matchmaking would work a bit better I think.

And yes.. lvl 8-9 is a pain.. think about each Prestige player did that before too.. So that's the Game :)

You can't do it right for everyone, I face every day Prestige attacks on me with full Prestige Units, but really low buff lvl.

I played 1st year without knowing how to start a good player.. so I start upgrading without knowing how imported are buffs. So there is no manual or maybe guideline where you can read how to start right in to SWC.

There are many glitches and tricks how to get fast strong buffs and other stuff.. also How to plan events to get many bonus creates ... all this stuff is based on the players.. But if you are part of a squad who don't know this too... you just play as it is...

Cheers Mainzer
Officer Italia-HanSolo

inGame name: Mainzer

You got me @ Line with ID: mainzer76

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#18 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:47 am

Nataabutterfly wrote:
mkenobi wrote:
toname wrote:Depends on why you play the game. If you want to grind for conflicts at HQ8 to accumulate frags, then medal dumping is a necessity in order to get matched with reasonable bases.

Tho, which way is best? Upgrade defense and dump medals or keep turrets at low lvl?

For mid level players, a good tip is don't upgrade your turrets and traps to your HQ level. Keep them at least one level below but with high Armory equipment (Heat Sink). Other tip is when you reach a new HQ level, don't buy the two extra turrets and traps immediately, they ad huge points to your base score at level 1 and are virtually useless. Don't be seduced by the short building time.

Drop medals before upgrade to a new HQ Level and you will be match with most same rivals for a while.

1) MAXED OUT BASES: If you are maxed out, you will need to drop medals because when everything is maxed to your HQ level you will be fighting rivals 1 level above you, and with many medals, you finish fighting rivals 2-3 levels above. Think about this if you are going to max out your defenses. Some squads require maxed bases to join a war party. Maxed bases always find rivals with high gears in conflicts = more points, less attacks.

2) SANDBAGGINGS: If you are sandbagging your defenses, you can keep a high number of medals for a while to fight strong rivals for good loot, but once they start to become stronger, drop medals. Sandbaggings always find rivals with low gears in conflicts. Less points, more attacks.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation. Currently in "Giveandgettroops" (Level 50 Imperial Squad) and "SevenOfNine2" Level 50 Rebel Squad -- training squads, everyone is welcome!

TKTB51
Major General

Post#19 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:29 am

good comments ... resources are available in very large/easy quantities, so they're not worth protecting in your base.

go to DarkLords and look at my base - TK-TB51. My resource storage are all in the corners, unprotected, to give someone an easy "viking raid" - hit, take, quit. I literally don't give a flying fucking fuck about resources, so take what you want/need. I spit on them.

But I consistently run low 20% range in HD with just the three heroes, no air, no SC. And win about 85-90% of my PvP defenses.
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

Nataabutterfly
Officer

Post#20 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:11 am

mkenobi wrote:
Nataabutterfly wrote:
mkenobi wrote:Some players laughing about medal dumping simply forget that no one has the same game experience or is in the same level. They forget that there is life in SWC below Level 10 and Prestige. It's a shame that Prestige players need to dump medals, because they are at the top of the food chain and are matched only with bases of their level or below.

For mid level players, a good tip is don't upgrade your turrets and traps to your HQ level. Keep them at least one level below but with high Armory equipment (Heat Sink). Other tip is when you reach a new HQ level, don't buy the two extra turrets and traps immediately, they ad huge points to your base score at level 1 and are virtually useless. Don't be seduced by the short building time.

Drop medals before upgrade to a new HQ Level and you will be match with most same rivals for a while.

1) MAXED OUT BASES: If you are maxed out, you will need to drop medals because when everything is maxed to your HQ level you will be fighting rivals 1 level above you, and with many medals, you finish fighting rivals 2-3 levels above. Think about this if you are going to max out your defenses. Some squads require maxed bases to join a war party. Maxed bases always find rivals with high gears in conflicts = more points, less attacks.

2) SANDBAGGINGS: If you are sandbagging your defenses, you can keep a high number of medals for a while to fight strong rivals for good loot, but once they start to become stronger, drop medals. Sandbaggings always find rivals with low gears in conflicts. Less points, more attacks.

OMG!! Very good tips! My main base is lvl 8 atm with full turrets of 3-4 lvls, and i didn't got any traps. Maybe I should get turrets upgraded a bit, but dunno, I fear I will ruin PvP matchmaking , cause rn I'm getting 380-400 conflict points but in pvp I'm losing 6/10 defenses :(

Return to “Rate My Base Layout”