New HQ 8 Base

Share a screenshot of your base here and have people rate it.
All your base are belong to us.! For great justice!

Poll: "How is my base layout?"

Awesome Layout!
6
33%
Might just get by.
6
33%
You are doomed.
6
33%
Total votes: 18

User avatar
Oz657
Lieutenant
Posts: 13

New HQ 8 Base

Post#1 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:44 pm

GR Lvl 1 Sniper Barracks, Lvl 2 Vanguard, Rocket Turrets with Lvl 3 Heat Sink and Bracing, Lvl 11 Droid. I would mix up my turrets, however I have found that without both bracing and heatsink, other turrets become nothing more than statues, especially with skins, so for me, it makes more sense to go with one turret and then use GR to offset the shortcomings of those turrets. Most damage I have endured on Tat since HQ 7 is 40% even with jump skins or SMTT's attacking. Jungle planets are a different story, at-at skin always decimates my base with jumps. I know there will be some tough critics out there as many of you have been playing the game for a long time but I look forward to it.

HD, normally score 20 - 29% for vehicles, same for vehicles/infantry and infantry is just a lost cause.

And, this is just for me so don't get offended, but medals are for decoration so my HQ is sitting outside of the base.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


User avatar
Harshit
Admiral
Posts: 637

Re: New HQ 8 Base

Post#2 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:54 pm

What are you battling for PvP or HDs ? I see you don't care about medals but now resources are abundant so I suggest you to keep your HQ inside as you can get your loot in short time depends if you see dev bases or not. Your base is on a North corner which is great and most used corner in the game

As for your layout it is good. Keeping your SC inside is a good idea. Your turrets are all rockets which is good but you can mix some 3-4 bursts with them to take out some meat shields quickly if someone decides to deploy them for screening their main units. From the layout I think your armory is at a low lvl so consider upgrading it first as it can allow you to keep more equipments activated. Overall your base is quite good.
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.


User avatar
mkenobi
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1781

Re: New HQ 8 Base

Post#3 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:15 pm

I did not understand the purpose of your base? It is not to gain defenses since the HQ is out of the base, and if you are offering your HQ just to get protection, then use a HD layout, so you can win the Bronzium Crate without using ships, heroes or SC.

I agree. Ranking by medals is the biggest nonsense they have created for this game, just to make some players even more obsessive for another "collectible" item.

I have a Rebel HQ, and I also keep the SC in the center of the base under the shields. It is perfect for PvP defenses, especially if you have 4 skinned Prestige Jets. I use them with Heat Sink for Rockets and Vanguard/Skiff GR for PvP.

For HD, I use Burst/Rocket Heat Sink + Vanguard/Skiff GR + Wall bracing.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation. Currently in "Giveandgettroops" (Level 50 Imperial Squad) and "SevenOfNine2" Level 50 Rebel Squad -- training squads, everyone is welcome!


User avatar
Oz657
Lieutenant
Posts: 13

Re: New HQ 8 Base

Post#4 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:32 am

Harshit wrote:What are you battling for PvP or HDs ? I see you don't care about medals but now resources are abundant so I suggest you to keep your HQ inside as you can get your loot in short time depends if you see dev bases or not. Your base is on a North corner which is great and most used corner in the game

As for your layout it is good. Keeping your SC inside is a good idea. Your turrets are all rockets which is good but you can mix some 3-4 bursts with them to take out some meat shields quickly if someone decides to deploy them for screening their main units. From the layout I think your armory is at a low lvl so consider upgrading it first as it can allow you to keep more equipments activated. Overall your base is quite good.


Hi Harshit,
Thanks for the great feedback, to answer, purpose is for both PvP and HD, but main purpose is to protect resources, going thru the HQ in northwest corner is the hardest so it keeps my contra secure. If it gets snagged, I just jump to tak and it's pretty easy to find 10k in contra. I will definitely add some bursts and upgrade the armory, I always upgrade for squad first but will do the armory next. Thanks again!


User avatar
Oz657
Lieutenant
Posts: 13

Re: New HQ 8 Base

Post#5 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:34 am

mkenobi wrote:I did not understand the purpose of your base? It is not to gain defenses since the HQ is out of the base, and if you are offering your HQ just to get protection, then use a HD layout, so you can win the Bronzium Crate without using ships, heroes or SC.

I agree. Ranking by medals is the biggest nonsense they have created for this game, just to make some players even more obsessive for another "collectible" item.

I have a Rebel HQ, and I also keep the SC in the center of the base under the shields. It is perfect for PvP defenses, especially if you have 4 skinned Prestige Jets. I use them with Heat Sink for Rockets and Vanguard/Skiff GR for PvP.

For HD, I use Burst/Rocket Heat Sink + Vanguard/Skiff GR + Wall bracing.


Hi Kenobi,
Thanks for great feedback, what is HD layout and to your point, I normally use heroes, SC to win bronze crate for HD vehicles, vehicles/infantry. Have to remember using skinned jets in SC for defense, can only hold 4 jets, but once SC is higher level it should work better with skins.


User avatar
DeathStriker
Moderator
Posts: 6562

Re: New HQ 8 Base

Post#6 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:53 am

Oz657 wrote:what is HD layout and to your point, I normally use heroes, SC to win bronze crate for HD vehicles, vehicles/infantry. Have to remember using skinned jets in SC for defense, can only hold 4 jets, but once SC is higher level it should work better with skins.

Oz657... A Heroic Defense (HD) Layout is one which enables you to win 3-Star Bronzium HD Crates but may not be good for PvP Defense.

:arrow: Take a look at my [Help] Heroic Defense Strategy and Advice for how to best improve your HD Event Base and get those 3-Star Wins.

Adding to this Topic...
 
Image
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!


User avatar
Oz657
Lieutenant
Posts: 13

Re: New HQ 8 Base

Post#7 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:48 am

DeathStriker wrote:
Oz657 wrote:what is HD layout and to your point, I normally use heroes, SC to win bronze crate for HD vehicles, vehicles/infantry. Have to remember using skinned jets in SC for defense, can only hold 4 jets, but once SC is higher level it should work better with skins.

Oz657... A Heroic Defense (HD) Layout is one which enables you to win 3-Star Bronzium HD Crates but may not be good for PvP Defense.

:arrow: Take a look at my [Help] Heroic Defense Strategy and Advice for how to best improve your HD Event Base and get those 3-Star Wins.

Adding to this Topic...

Death Striker, great stuff, moved resources around, starship command and HQ made it inside, my fangs work well so this will help a ton.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


User avatar
DeathStriker
Moderator
Posts: 6562

Re: New HQ 8 Base

Post#8 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:53 am

Oz657 wrote:Death Striker, great stuff, moved resources around, starship command and HQ made it inside, my fangs work well so this will help a ton.

Oz657... Good Base Update...

:arrow: Recommend you move entire base to North (Up) Corner edges but leave same design. HD Event Units will attack from the South (down) area and only rarely might deploy along edges in North Area.
 
Image
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!


User avatar
mkenobi
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1781

Re: New HQ 8 Base

Post#9 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:13 pm

As DS well explained, HD layout is the model of base that allows you to win heroic defenses without the use or reduced use of additional units / equipment. The key is to maximize your defenses enough for your base to defend by itself. If your base is not maximized, you'll need Armory equipment to defend yourself, such as Wall Bracing and Heat SInk/Reinforce Mounting for your turrets.

I'm sharing my Rebel HQ 8 in PvP mode:

Image

Layout Top north;
Fully walled base, to avoid using Kubaz to disable the shields;
Note the SC in the center covering practically the entire perimeter up to the walls, and HQ near the SC both inside the shields;
Bursts and Rockets and buildings symmetrically distributed - I think symmetric bases confuse the attacker since they can not define a weaker side where to begin the attack;
Barracks and Factories in position for heroic defense if the attack comes from the south, since the rear is protected by 4 Prestige desert jets in SC and my Droideka.
Droideka is in a position that prevents the attacker from using it as a reference for Kessen to snipe my SC;
The base is in tatooine where I am rarely attacked; if I want to try to win defenses in PvP, I move to some green planet where I will be constantly attacked.

Armory equipment for PvP:

Image

But with some layout changes like moving all the turrets to the south, and the Droideka to the north, and covering all the spaces left by them with buildings, this base becomes a base for Heroic Defense:

Image

LayoutTop North;
Base completely walled because sometimes during Infantry Raid Dark Troopers can come from the north and are stopped by the walls and end up dying before entering the base;
All the turrets were moved to south and in line covering the whole part of the base where the enemy troops are going to attack;
Traps are reset, maximized, and off the walls; but I keep two traps in the north to attract the Shock Troopers;
The position of the transports is critical if you do not have any Guards Reserve and can usually stay one at each corner to keep the shock troopers busy by shooting at them while the turrets decimate the entire enemy army and often, time ends on the first wave of invaders without the shocks being able to destroy the transports. The same happens with snipers that keep shooting the reinforced walls until time runs out.
The Droideka is moved to the bottom of the base to prevent it from entering into combat and is destroyed,
Hero and Starships Commands also in the top north because they are the buildings that you also need to protect along with SC and HQ;

My Armory equipment for HD:

Image

Once the changes are made, I buy the world relocation perks to ZERO Battle Stars, I do the first HD tour on the 5 planets about 20 minutes before the time of the first round of HD ends, and then wait 1h to do the second HD tour.

Infantry Raid is really complicated, to ensure the bronzium, I keep Kessen prepared and deploy him in front of Dark Troopers as they are resistant even to shots of Fang Fighter Level 4.

Finished, I move my base to Tatooine, cancel the perks so I can use them again at the same time the next day, and make the changes in the layout for PvP.

The secret in SCW is to keep your base at HQ 8 as long as possible, do not run the HQ, and don't skip upgrades, and keep as few medals as possible to be combined with rivals of your level, and upgrade your Armory, it's the one that will allow you to win defenses in PvP and HD. Once you have the skins for the Jets, request Prestige Jets to use them for PvP defense. A level 8 SC holds 4 Jets, fill it with a Twilek or Drabatan, and you will be fine.

Here are some suggestions and tips, you and everyone is free to adapt and use those that you think are best and most effective for your current status. Good luck!
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation. Currently in "Giveandgettroops" (Level 50 Imperial Squad) and "SevenOfNine2" Level 50 Rebel Squad -- training squads, everyone is welcome!


Calboy
Captain
Posts: 97

Re: New HQ 8 Base

Post#10 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:21 pm

Medal dumping goes against the grain, why bother then. At jades fire we never do that along with our top squad. Play real guys
Jade’s_Fire Squad


Return to “Rate My Base Layout”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 2 guests