Rate my HQ5 layout

Share a screenshot of your base here and have people rate it.
All your base are belong to us.! For great justice!
R4y
Cadet Trooper

Rate my HQ5 layout

Post#1 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:10 am

http://imgur.com/T4Pu4z3 Please give me some tips

CoolGuy
Admiral

Re: Rate my HQ5 layout

Post#2 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:23 am

Doesn't look too bad. My only suggestion would be to move your Squad Centre somewhere near your HQ. At it's current location it's very easy to set off and then bait and destroy whatever you have inside. Also as you start to face starships it can be killed with a couple of hits. Get it under at least one shield.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

Harshit
Admiral

Post#3 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:58 am

I would suggest you to shift your base to north corner and also keep your SC near HQ with under shield cover. Some players may have A-wing unlocked and may use them as even lvl 1 of it is enough to destroy your one lvl 5 shield so get your SC under both of your shields.

By seeing your SC it seems to be lvl 3, you should consider it for upgrade to stack more troops for defence.
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

JARJAR
Commodore

Post#4 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:37 am

SC level 2 https://snag.gy/nbxecS.jpg

it's easy to destroy this base even without armory

R4y
Cadet Trooper

Post#5 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:01 am

Is it important to make use of my squad center? so far I haven’t been putting that much importance on it. i tried to adapt my fortifications to still keep a similar style but prioritising my squad centre under shields. Here’s my new design: http://imgur.com/9TD5uet

CoolGuy
Admiral

Post#6 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:37 am

R4y wrote:Is it important to make use of my squad center? so far I haven’t been putting that much importance on it. i tried to adapt my fortifications to still keep a similar style but prioritising my squad centre under shields. Here’s my new design: http://imgur.com/9TD5uet

No, the SC needs to be in the middle as close to your HQ as possible, and where it can be covered by both shields. Your SC is important as it can be the difference between a defensive win or loss. If you are in a good squad your SC should be filled with Prestige troops which will give any attacker a headache.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

Harshit
Admiral

Post#7 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:03 am

R4y wrote:Is it important to make use of my squad center? so far I haven’t been putting that much importance on it. i tried to adapt my fortifications to still keep a similar style but prioritising my squad centre under shields. Here’s my new design: http://imgur.com/9TD5uet

I think still your base not that good and your SC is still easily trippable. You should shift your base to north corner and use all of your walls to surround all your buildings except keep your army buildings outside the walls. Keep your SC closest to your HQ covered with both shields.
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#8 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:25 am

There are crystals in the debris around your base. If you clear them with a droid, you'll be closer to buying another droid.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

Williamdice
Commander

Post#9 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:09 am

Harshit wrote:I would suggest you to shift your base to north corner.

Does it make any difference which corner your base is in?

North Corner double walled bases seem to be the consensus on this Forum but surely any corner is as good an another?

Harshit
Admiral

Post#10 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:00 am

Williamdice wrote:
Harshit wrote:I would suggest you to shift your base to north corner.

Does it make any difference which corner your base is in?

North Corner double walled bases seem to be the consensus on this Forum but surely any corner is as good an another?

Yes. North corner bases are most common bases throughout the members of the Forum as it helps to defend against only south side while the base can handle the troops from the top corner beyond the maximum boundary of the buildings. I personally never tried south corner bases so I don't know much about them but somewhat similar to north corner I think.

Check it yourself by trying to setup your base at west or east side, they are more worst as they expose your base to more sides making defense difficult. I myself kept my bases at the center back in Windows days in early 2016 but I changed to north corner as my higher lvl squadmates suggested and most of them kept north corner more preferably the left side.

Return to “Rate My Base Layout”