Which buildings under the shields?

Share a screenshot of your base here and have people rate it.
All your base are belong to us.! For great justice!
Kahoot
Commander

Which buildings under the shields?

Post#1 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:36 pm

Here come another beginner question: which buildings is important to keep maximum protected close to HQ and under the shields? and why? I read someone write Squad Center? but why? and what about scout and research center etc are the also important and why? what will happen if research is in process and then attacked and destroyed? will research then have to start over again?

sgu97cab
Major General

Re: Which buildings under the shields?

Post#2 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:39 pm

Make sure you squad centre is under a couple of overlapped shields. Reason being, if it is out in the open then the enemy will use air attacks (X wing or Tie Figher) to take out your squad centre before you defending troops have a chance to deploy.
Other buildings to shield are HQ (obviously because you dont want enemy to take that out too easy), and turrets. Once you have armory guard reserve equipment unlocked its also worth getting barracks under shields (for similar reason to the squad centre).
Scout tower and research centre can go anywhere on the map. Taking them out doesnt affect any research.
Main account:BaconSecond account:nEggs
Squads:NewSithEmpire, NewDarkEmpire,F-Deathsquad-D
LINE ID: sgu97cab

***If any players want to get involved in no outpost wars please PM me on this forum or on LINE app***

Ghostie
Major General

Post#3 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:08 pm

Kahoot wrote:Here come another beginner question: which buildings is important to keep maximum protected close to HQ and under the shields? and why? I read someone write Squad Center? but why? and what about scout and research center etc are the also important and why? what will happen if research is in process and then attacked and destroyed? will research then have to start over again?

If research building is attacked it has no effect on your research progress.

On shielding of squad center and HQ your at a level that you probably haven't seen Kessen squad center snipes, or Tie Advanced/Tie fighter snipes, or those chicken shiit HQ snipes. But once you develop on through the game you will run into more talented players which will abuse you if you don't protect HQ and squad center. Go to youtube and search for Star Wars Commander videos specifically from Quantum Web/Dark Ra, ByDesign, or Dark Brigade. In those videos you will see many tactics that high level attackers use to bring big bases down.

Also, everything @Bacon told you is spot on …….very good advice.
Some men aren't looking for any logical solution. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn. The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.

Kahoot
Commander

Post#4 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:36 pm

thanks a lot both of you for good answer. i did not know that barraks should be under the shield and the troops wil come out and help in a defence. my own troops have never come out during my defence, and thats why i punish them hard by placing them outside as canon fodder;)

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#5 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:49 pm

Kahoot wrote:thanks a lot both of you for good answer. i did not know that barraks should be under the shield and the troops wil come out and help in a defence. my own troops have never come out during my defence, and thats why i punish them hard by placing them outside as canon fodder;)

Troops wont come out of your barracks (or factories) until you a) build the armory once your HQ is level 6, then b) collect enough data fragments to unlock guard reserve equipment.
So until then no need to put barracks or factories under shields.
Main account:BaconSecond account:nEggs
Squads:NewSithEmpire, NewDarkEmpire,F-Deathsquad-D
LINE ID: sgu97cab

***If any players want to get involved in no outpost wars please PM me on this forum or on LINE app***

Kahoot
Commander

Post#6 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:11 pm

what about contraband house or armory building? should those be under the shield?

Gooner
Major General

Post#7 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:21 pm

Kahoot wrote:what about contraband house or armory building? should those be under the shield?
Yes your contraband safehouse should be undercover as people will target that the armoury you don't need it under a shield turret, Barracks, resource Vaults those are the buildings you do obviously once you're at level 6 for the barracks, Factories.

Return to “Rate My Base Layout”