Rate and Compare Wittmann33’s Old and New level 8 Rebel base layout

Share a screenshot of your base here and have people rate it.
All your base are belong to us.! For great justice!

Poll: Rate my layout

New: Dead
40%
New: Ok
10%
New: Awesome layout
No votes
Old: Dead
40%
Old: Ok
No votes
Old: Awesome layout
10%
Total votes: 10

Wittmann33
Captain

Rate and Compare Wittmann33’s Old and New level 8 Rebel base layout

Post#1 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:18 am

I just don’t know what to think of my layout, maybe you fellow commanders can! Brand New layout, compare which one do you think is better? The one on the top is new, the one on the bottom is the old one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Wittmann33 on Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DeathStriker

Re: Rate Wittmann33’s level 8 Rebel base layout

Post#2 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:20 am

Wittmann33 wrote:I just don’t know what to think of my layout, maybe you fellow commanders can!

Wittmann33 - Without seeing a full screenshot taken by viewing Base in Base Editor Layout Mode it is hard to advise.

HOWEVER, based upon the Forum Attachment (Image) I can give the following suggestions for a Level 8 Rebel Player.

1. Stop Using Mortars and swap these for Bursts.
  2. All Barracks and Factories should be under Shields (they are mostly but if base is redesigned make sure this is considered).
  3. If Heroic Defense Wins is important to you a North (Up) Corner Base using Double Walls along Southern Areas is best.
  4. Regardless of any Base Design, as a HQ 8 you will see Level 10 Units and will still get rolled by Experience Players so your design efforts should be done to make that as hard as possible.
  5. THERE IS NO "perfect" Base so keep tweaking and get one that "on average" gives you the Defensive Wins that meet your game goals.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

XitLiteNtrNite
Commodore

Post#3 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:04 am

What is the goal of the base?
  • DeathStriker already covered heroic defenses (north corner base).
  • If it is to protect resources, you may want to distribute them some. The way the base works now, attacking from the 2:30 side will all of the storages before triggering the SC.
  • If it is to win defenses, you are going to lose a lot more resources than if you expose the SC. Every defense you win will result in the loss of resources and no shield (so you can be attacked again). That is great for high-level players who don't need (many) resources anymore.
In game name: Paper Tiger, officer in Hostile.Warfare
Line ID: paper-tiger
Discord: #6882

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#4 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:24 am

It's hard to rate defense without knowing:
- what is the armory equipment/guard reserve troops you have enabled for defense, and their level.
- what is SC troop content

In this armory era, how you leverage your armory defense equipment/GR troop, and their level, plays a major role in your defense. Match making is another criteria for winning defense, such that if your medal count is high, then your base can be presented to much higher level attackers and your chance of winning is much lower, regardless of how well you design your base as a simple dump of L9 buffed jumps (>10 jumps) can easily and totally destroy your base.

To me, in term of what is important in protecting your base:
SC troops = 30% of defense
armory equipment/GR troops = 30%
turret/shield/traps = 20%
base design layout = 20%

A good defense player will pay attention to all the 4 components.

I think keeping a couple of mortars is actually okay at this level OR lower (not so at L9 and L10). It's only when you have to face many attackers with jump loads then you may have to swap them out. If you still see ground troops swarm, the mortars can be very effective.

Wittmann33
Captain

Re: Rate and Compare Wittmann33’s Old and New level 8 Rebel base layout

Post#5 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:09 pm

New layout!

Return to “Rate My Base Layout”