New level 9 rebel seeking base advice

Share a screenshot of your base here and have people rate it.
All your base are belong to us.! For great justice!
RebelsHope
Squadron Leader

New level 9 rebel seeking base advice

Post#1 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:43 pm

PLEASE NOTE: This isn't the original image of my base. I changed it after signing up with a different 3rd party image host.

Thanks for taking the time to help. Any suggestions are gratefully welcome!
Last edited by RebelsHope on Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

sgu97cab
Major General

Re: New level 9 rebel seeking base advice

Post#2 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:41 pm

Some suggestions:
-Best suggestion is to watch replays of your defenses and see how you are being attacked, you can then identify the most common attacks and try and gradually alter your base to counter.
-A 'too late' suggestion is I wouldn't upgrade my HQ until all my turrets are the same level as the HQ. I see lots of yours are still level 7.
-Another 'too late' suggestion is that sonic cannons are a bit useless anything lower than level 9, so I would upgrade them to 9 first (before other turrets), or switch them to something else in the meantime.
-I would attack you from the top corner near the unit transport. I should be able to destroy most of your base before getting near to your turrets.
-With the sonics I would probably deploy single stormtroopers right near your wall south east and south west wall to trigger the sonics while the rest of my force marches south through your base.
-Most people use jump troopers these days. You have quite a lot of rocket turrets and they get a 50% damage modifier against infantry, so you are probably better off with rapids or bursts.
-I don't like traps near walls. Shocktroopers target traps and easily blow up walls if they are nearby. If I were to attack from the south my shocktroopers would be deployed first and would easily take out most of your traps as well as big sections of wall. I think you could do with more traps near the top corner as I think that's where most people would attack you from.
-Rebels use Kessen more than Imperials I think but I always have him in my hero command and you have very nicely lined up your two droideka and squad centre so that it should be very easy to take out all 3 in one shot.
-Try and put desert jet troopers in your squad centre. The Rebel jets are so overpowered that if 5 of these come out top play they will easily wipe out most if not all of the attackers forces.
Main Account: Bacon (level 9). LINE ID: sgu97cab
Squad - NewSithEmpire
Second account: nEggs (level 8)
Squad - AUS-Darth_Gump

RebelsHope
Squadron Leader

Post#3 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:53 pm

sgu97cab wrote:Some suggestions:
-Best suggestion is to watch replays of your defenses and see how you are being attacked, you can then identify the most common attacks and try and gradually alter your base to counter.
-A 'too late' suggestion is I wouldn't upgrade my HQ until all my turrets are the same level as the HQ. I see lots of yours are still level 7.
-Another 'too late' suggestion is that sonic cannons are a bit useless anything lower than level 9, so I would upgrade them to 9 first (before other turrets), or switch them to something else in the meantime.
-I would attack you from the top corner near the unit transport. I should be able to destroy most of your base before getting near to your turrets.
-With the sonics I would probably deploy single stormtroopers right near your wall south east and south west wall to trigger the sonics while the rest of my force marches south through your base.
-Most people use jump troopers these days. You have quite a lot of rocket turrets and they get a 50% damage modifier against infantry, so you are probably better off with rapids or bursts.
-I don't like traps near walls. Shocktroopers target traps and easily blow up walls if they are nearby. If I were to attack from the south my shocktroopers would be deployed first and would easily take out most of your traps as well as big sections of wall. I think you could do with more traps near the top corner as I think that's where most people would attack you from.
-Rebels use Kessen more than Imperials I think but I always have him in my hero command and you have very nicely lined up your two droideka and squad centre so that it should be very easy to take out all 3 in one shot.
-Try and put desert jet troopers in your squad centre. The Rebel jets are so overpowered that if 5 of these come out top play they will easily wipe out most if not all of the attackers forces.

Thanks for your input! The kessen suggestion is a good one, I'm surprised I don't see that more often actually.

Not long ago, my turret set was 8 rockets and 8 rapids. Then I found out rapids suck for rebels, so when I went to level 9, it became 6 bursts, 7 rockets, and 5 sonic. I plan on changing it to 6 of each. I went against the norm and swapped to the Sonics because I still had rapids and level 7 Sonics are still better than level 7 rapids.
I was hesitant about going up to level 9, but even at level 8, I was getting pummeled by 9 and 10s, but now, with another shield regen, 2 more turrets, and 5 buffed jets in my SC, opposed to 8, I win more, and rarely get 3 starred. Also, level 9 buffed jets are nice lol

llamaman
Commander

Post#4 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:56 pm

Remember that if your crate chasing your daily objectives they increase alot in the jump from level 8 to level 9

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#5 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:42 am

I think Imps don't use Kessen so much as they have come to rely on the Elite ATAT as their go to hero, however I read a few forum posts and saw you tube vids of Kessen and I think he can be very handy especially when teamed up with a Luggabeast and Medic droid.
Main Account: Bacon (level 9). LINE ID: sgu97cab
Squad - NewSithEmpire
Second account: nEggs (level 8)
Squad - AUS-Darth_Gump

RebelsHope
Squadron Leader

Post#6 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:18 pm

llamaman wrote:Remember that if your crate chasing your daily objectives they increase alot in the jump from level 8 to level 9

Yes I know, as I already made the jump. But no, not crate chasing, I just got tired of being matched against 9s and 10s on defense when I was level 8. I know people say "you shouldn't go up levels early" but I literally faced the same difficulty as a level 8 that I do now, as a 9.

Ebacca
Squadron Leader

Post#7 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:01 am

I have a rebel L9 top corner base like you. I found that I was getting attacked mostly from my weak corner. I put both my Fangs and LAATs in that corner away from the SC and Dekas. You'd be suprised how much collateral damage high level FANG traps do, and they may just take out an Orange Walker too.

darthdoodie
Commodore

Post#8 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:57 pm

I would move your starship and hero command buildings further back so you can be more competitive in HD
Swap the deks with your contra trade ports so you don't have an easy kessen line up
Move the southern most barracks further up so they aren't easily taken out
Move traps away from walls so they don't get blown up by shocks. Also, spread them out a bit more as they will get blown up too easily when next to each other
Space the loose wall segments further apart so enemy deployment zone is decreased
Consider switching to sonics plus only one other type of turret (I recommend rockets) so you can use armory perks more efficiently
Speaking of which, for armory I find GR bantha, GR infantry, buffed jets, rocket heat sink, rocket bracing works well. Alternatively, switch jets to GR vanguard and keep sharps in SC.

RebelsHope
Squadron Leader

Post#9 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:03 pm

darthdoodie wrote:I would move your starship and hero command buildings further back so you can be more competitive in HD
Swap the deks with your contra trade ports so you don't have an easy kessen line up
Move the southern most barracks further up so they aren't easily taken out
Move traps away from walls so they don't get blown up by shocks. Also, spread them out a bit more as they will get blown up too easily when next to each other
Space the loose wall segments further apart so enemy deployment zone is decreased
Consider switching to sonics plus only one other type of turret (I recommend rockets) so you can use armory perks more efficiently
Speaking of which, for armory I find GR bantha, GR infantry, buffed jets, rocket heat sink, rocket bracing works well. Alternatively, switch jets to GR vanguard and keep sharps in SC.

Thank you, that's great advice, all makes sense. I'm focused on leveling turrets, and will swap for more Sonics. How many rockets and sonics would you recommend? I was thinking either 6 rockets and 12 Sonics OR 8 burst and 10 Sonics. 90% of my defends are 14 jumps and a eAT-AT and burst seem to prevent a 3 star loss. But I guess more higher level Sonics would do better against that?

RebelsHope
Squadron Leader

Post#10 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:23 pm

Ebacca wrote:I have a rebel L9 top corner base like you. I found that I was getting attacked mostly from my weak corner. I put both my Fangs and LAATs in that corner away from the SC and Dekas. You'd be suprised how much collateral damage high level FANG traps do, and they may just take out an Orange Walker too.

Yeah I actually moved my fangs in the back corner last night, definitely a better spot for them.

Return to “Rate My Base Layout”