Imperial Level 8 Base Layout ~ Protect HQ and Banks

Share a screenshot of your base here and have people rate it.
All your base are belong to us.! For great justice!
FalkenXIV
Squadron Leader

Imperial Level 8 Base Layout ~ Protect HQ and Banks

Post#1 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:15 am

So, this is my base. I have put a lot of time and math in to this design. The reason I compressed so much is:

I saw that if I have my "save me" buildings (HQ and Banks) in the center surrounded by Turrets then surround that with 3x3 buildings, then wall it up ~ My turrets will hit anything on the other side of the walls! Now that means my turrets can hit everything taking down walls, then the 3x3 buildings all before the attackers can even reach my turrets. The same goes for my Guard Reserves. So, Walls + 3x3 "junk" buildings all protect the worth protecting things stored in the center. Even my Contraband Safehouse is protected by two shields and Barracks are safe (to keep spawning Guards during attacks).

The Guard Reserves I use are Trooper Skins+Trooper Guards, Sniper Guards and Wall Bracing. I always 3-Star Heroic Defenses and almost never lose attacks by other players (I can even win over lvl-10 attackers). I upgraded to HQ-8 not long ago, so all my turrets and shields are still lvl-7, and I am still winning.

I wanted to know what you all thought of this base layout..? Any ideas that would make it better?

~ In-Game Name: Falken ~ Leader of ItsaTrap Imperial Squad ~

sgu97cab
Major General

Re: Imperial Level 8 Base Layout ~ Protect HQ and Banks

Post#2 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:24 pm

Hi. I prefer squad centre in the middle of the base. Reason being, when it is on the outside your attacker can easily lure the defending troops out with one rebel soldier then quickly deploy more troops to wipe them out. Do you ever find this in watching your defense replays?
Also, I don't like the trap positioning. Most attackers deploy a couple of vanguards first, and I think they would be able to easily blow up a nice size hole in the walls at south, east and west corners and probably take out the three traps at each corner very easily.
Another point. You have un-shielded turrets groups close to each other which are prime candidates to be wiped out by b-wings.
To summarise. I would fit the SC in the middle with that other shield. This will help protect the turrets, and I would move the traps outside and a bit away from the walls (you want them away from the walls so that if a vanguard does take them out you don't get splash damage taking your walls with them).
Also, check your replays and see what troop combos you are getting attacked by and change your turrets to be most effective against the most common troops you are seeing. At level 8 I started getting attacked by less heavy/medic combos, and more jumps/stolenTX, so I ditched all my mortars and went for rapids and rockets instead.
Main account: Bacon (level 11)
Second account: nEggs (level 9)
Squad - NewSithEmpire
LINE ID: sgu97cab

FalkenXIV
Squadron Leader

Post#3 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:17 pm

Good advice ~ I will play around with my set up a bit. I see what you mean with the Squad Center, although I never really have to rely on it for attacks (Heroic or Player). The reason I went with the shields as they are was to protect my Contraband Safe House, guess that's a little excessive though. I will see what I can do to keep everything walled up and safe, spreading my shields out to cover my turrets, pop my Squad Center in there too. I didn't know about the Vanguards though! Out of everything you have mentioned that is my number one thing I am going to take away from this, thank you, that is wonderful advice. I will play around with the setup and update this forum in a day or two.
~ In-Game Name: Falken ~ Leader of ItsaTrap Imperial Squad ~

DarthNemesis
Cadet Trooper

Post#4 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:40 pm

Squad Center has got to be in the middle I have used a similar base setup I found that it just didn't work for me I have a new setup I would play with grouping your turrets in four sets of four having SC with headquarters And droideka in the center create a square filling in all gaps with barracks and Factory and whatever else you need at that point then surround with walls then surround your walls with all your other crap keep shields in the center with your stuff protecting turrets and SC and droideka and barracks and factories since those get a boost when you unlock the troop releases

DarthNemesis
Cadet Trooper

Post#5 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:41 pm

Squad Center has got to be in the middle I have used a similar base setup I found that it just didn't work for me I have a new setup I would play with grouping your turrets in four sets of four having SC with headquarters And droideka in the center create a square filling in all gaps with barracks and Factory and whatever else you need at that point then surround with walls then surround your walls with all your other crap keep shields in the center with your stuff protecting turrets and SC and droideka and barracks and factories since those get a boost when you unlock the troop releases

Return to “Rate My Base Layout”