Fresh HQ Lv9

Share a screenshot of your base here and have people rate it.
All your base are belong to us.! For great justice!

Poll: How's my base layout?

Ewoks with sticks could bring it down
78%
Rebel forces may have some trouble
11%
Skywalker couldn't make a dent
11%
Total votes: 9

Arctic750
Cadet Trooper

Fresh HQ Lv9

Post#1 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:29 am

Greetings Commanders!

I remember when times were easy (HQ8), and the forest planets weren't lacking resources, now it seems Rebel go-to strategy is to just spam Jetpacks, en masse. I usually fill my Squad Center with Snipers and top off with Stormies, and use Walls HP, HQ HP, and GR: Light Infantry, Snipers, MHC/Bikes for my armory defense perks. I remember when not much threatened my base, but ever since late into my HQ8, I was being attacked by HQ10s, so I made the jump to 9, now those few HQ10s have become much more frequent, and I still don't have solid win rates, it's every other attack, probably leaning 70L-30W.

Any tips regarding how I could improve my base? I'm usually attacked behind my SC, much obliged in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
#YOLO
YouOnlyLackOptimism ;)

geoman48
Major General

Re: Fresh HQ Lv9

Post#2 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:02 am

I voted the way I did because you have a shield upgrading. Once your shield is done, it'll be a little tougher. If you want to win on defense though, having your HQ on the edge is like those bases where the HQ is obviously out in the board to protect resources. At HQ9, 90%+ of attackers could take out your HQ with minimal jetpacks. Only buried HQs have a chance of winning on defense. Your LAAT traps will slow down jetpacks once deployed, but probably not until after they take out your HQ given shield is upgrading. Hope that helps! :)

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#3 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:54 am

Looking at this base design, one can tell that he cared more about CB protection than winning. So 30% winning percentage is probably better than it should be.

If you want to win, move SC and HQ to the middle. Have a nice and tight base where turrets are clustered together under shields. Load SC with snipers and bikes, and you should be able to win against noobs. Good attackers will beat you regardless, so don't worry about that.
Last edited by DarkRebel on Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#4 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:05 am

In your post you say you are being spammed by Jet packs. If this is the case I wouldn't bother activating walls equipment since they just fly over them and I would swap out all your mortar turrets probably to rapid fires since they won't touch jets.
When I recently upgraded to level 9 i switched out all my turrets and now have 2/3 Rapids and 1/3 Sonics, this enables you to use both Rapids equipment rather than having some turrets un buffed.
Also note Sonics are rubbish below level 9 so you are better off having them as Rapids up until 9 then turret swapping to sonics.
So to summarise I use the above turret mix plus GR Snipers and usually GR dewbacks (they soak up.a lot of enemy fire). If you haven't already unlocked Rodians I highly recommend you grind away in next weeks Naval conflict to get them. Then you can active Sniper GR plus Rodian and request Snipers in your Squad Centre. With this combo you should see an improvement in defenses.
Main Account: Bacon (level 10). LINE ID: sgu97cab
Second account: nEggs (level 8)
Squad - NewSithEmpire

Return to “Rate My Base Layout”