rate this lvl 8

Share a screenshot of your base here and have people rate it.
All your base are belong to us.! For great justice!
ddevil
Storm Trooper

rate this lvl 8

Post#1 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:33 am

sgu97cab
Captain

Re: rate this lvl 8

Post#2 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:56 pm

Are you using the same layout for wars and normal base?
Are you asking for an opinion on just wars, or wars and normal base?
Leader - AUS-Darth_Gump (W107 D1 L8)
...Always looking for new Empire level 7+ players who chat, donate regularly, take part in wars. Preferably Australian time zones.

ddevil
Storm Trooper

Post#3 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:24 pm

sgu97cab wrote:Are you using the same layout for wars and normal base?
Are you asking for an opinion on just wars, or wars and normal base?

currently its only for war...but i am thinking it to apply same layout to normal too. so share ur thoughts . thnks.

sgu97cab
Captain

Post#4 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:32 pm

For war it seems ok, however it is difficult to assess as you don't get to see war replays so I never know how good my defense is. I think the key things for war are to protect your HQ and Squad centre so they cant be taken out easily, so I think your set up looks ok from that point of view. The other critical thing in war is time. I find that a large spread out base takes much longer to wipe out than a closely grouped one. In our last war we all struggled to take 3 uplinks from one enemy base. It was too spread out and difficult to take out all the surrounding buildings as well as have a group of forces to take out the central buildings which were surrounded by turrets. As a result I decided to take a screenshot and try and copy his layout for my own base. In the last war I am not sure how many times I was attacked but I only lost one uplink. I have tried to attach a photo of that base to this post.

For my normal base layout I have a top north corner base. I find this works best for heroic defense and I always get 3 stars. In PVP it is more difficult to win defenses. If I get attacked by all level 10 jet troopers I generally don't win the defense, but normally do win if they use a mixture of troops. I got various advice from these forums including things such as:
-Keep droideka and squad centre central to your base so that attackers can't easily bait them and lure them out to wipe out with fang fighters or similar.
-Try not to have your droidekas and squad centre in a row otherwise Rebels will take all 3 out with Johhar Kessen's Magnetic Pulse Shot.
-Keep shields within walls so that attackers have to get through your walls before popping the shields (doesn't work against jet troopers though).
-I also like to keep a solid wall around the base and shields so that attackers can't easily pop them using Ithorian Infiltrators
-I recently moved my barracks under the shields this lets my guard reserve release a couple of waves of troops. Previously I had them outside the shields but found the attackers would take them out before a second wave could be spawned.
-I had a mixture of turrets but now using mostly Rapid Fire (with both heat sink and reinforced mounting active), plus a few Sonics (now I am lvl 9).
-I find it good to keep traps away from walls otherwise when Rebel vanguard target the traps they blow holes in the walls even though not targeting them. I also moved some of my traps to the edges of the screen as Rebels seem to deploy vanguard on the edges expecting your traps to be near your base but by doing this they sometimes spring the traps themselves thus destroying the vanguards and keeping some traps intact nearer to the base.
-I like to have jump troopers or snipers or bikes in my Squad Centre for defense.
-On most planets I use Sniper guard and Rodian equipment, unless I have jumps in my Squad Centre then I use jump equipment. On Hoth I like to use either MHC guards with MHC skin, or Dewback guards with INT4 skins.
-Finally I like to try and keep my resource levels low. When attacking, if I see a base with low resources I generally don't attack it. If I accumulate resources that I don't immediately need then I start upgrades then immediately cancel (as you only get refunded half the resources).

There is no ideal layout, this is what makes a good strategy game. You need to keep playing around and watch your defensive replays so that you can try and optimize your layout. Good luck.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Leader - AUS-Darth_Gump (W107 D1 L8)
...Always looking for new Empire level 7+ players who chat, donate regularly, take part in wars. Preferably Australian time zones.

llamaman
Squadron Leader

Post#5 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:43 am

If your layout is for war I would definitely relocate your droideka so it cant be baited out easily.

Return to “Rate My Base Layout”