Rebel Base - LVL10

Share a screenshot of your base here and have people rate it.
All your base are belong to us.! For great justice!

Poll: How is my base layout?

Awesome Layout!
No votes
Might just get by.
54%
You are doomed.
46%
Total votes: 13

vikki
Storm Trooper

Rebel Base - LVL10

Post#1 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:19 pm

Guys, will appreciate your comments for improvement. I have just updated to Lvl10 last week though I am thinking that it was a bad idea to update without updating all turrets to level 9 first.
Armory Selection is also highlighted
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Re: Rebel Base - LVL10

Post#2 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:17 pm

The quality of your layout depends on your goal. Are you trying to:

A) Win defenses?
B) Protect loot? If yes, which loot?
C) Win heroic defenses?

My world is totally different from yours (different medal count and base score), so I will also see different opponents from you. That said, I offer two general suggestions:

1) Forget winning defenses. It's usually pointless, not going to happen anyway, and just means you lose more loot, which means a harder time upgrading everything, if you want to do that (unless you're going the PartyLikeVader route of playing SWC). Concentrate on winning Heroic Defense, which means park everything in the north corner with all your turrets in a line on the southwest and southeast sides with a double row of walls outside the turrets.

2) There are only two kinds of turrets you need: buffed rapids and sonics. Max out the rapid frags (both reinforced mounting and heat sink). I'd suggest maybe 60% rapids and 40% sonics, though play around and see what you see.

All that said, deciding what your goal is really is key before deciding if your layout is good or not.

Keep up the fight, good luck, may the Force be with you, and have fun!

Edit: Keep in mind that while buffed rapids and sonics are the way to go for PvP, they'll make your base an easy roll-over in squad wars. That fact doesn't bother me, since with either Tatooine or Takodana, any base is an easy roll-over for a skilled player.
Last edited by PhoenixAZ1899 on Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chasin' after my fortune & glory
148,300 medals. Max 10 Base. Free to play (use air and SC only in emergencies). Not bragging: these stats tell you what I am seeing at my level. Your mileage will vary.

wedge
Commander

Post#3 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:47 pm

whats your sc deploy ring like, it looks like a dewback could trip the sc on the bottom left corner. Also since buffs i find too many turret types are a disadvantage as you cant buff all of them.

vikki
Storm Trooper

Post#4 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:57 am

PhoenixAZ1899 wrote:The quality of your layout depends on your goal. Are you trying to:

A) Win defenses?
B) Protect loot? If yes, which loot?
C) Win heroic defenses?

Thanks a lot for the detailed reply. My target is Heroic Defense as well as to protect as many resources as possible.
I have taken your advice for turrets and I am swapping them accordingly.

Appreciate your reply. May the Force be with you

vikki
Storm Trooper

Post#5 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:59 am

wedge wrote:whats your sc deploy ring like, it looks like a dewback could trip the sc on the bottom left corner. Also since buffs i find too many turret types are a disadvantage as you cant buff all of them.

Thanks a lot, I will go ahead with rapids and sonics as per PhoenixAZ1899's advice.

Appreciate the reply and support.

PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Post#6 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:53 pm

vikki wrote:Thanks a lot for the detailed reply. My target is Heroic Defense as well as to protect as many resources as possible.
I have taken your advice for turrets and I am swapping them accordingly.

Appreciate your reply. May the Force be with you

Glad if you found it helpful. I should also suggest you park your collectors (refineries, contraband trade ports, and credit markets) between the turrets and your walls as an additional buff layer.

There are loads of HD layouts, but you can look me up in-game (squad = SONS_OF_DEATH) and visit my base to see the layout. My contraband storehouse is on the edge since my dekas are done, but you would want to bury yours deeper in the base.

If you do want to win defenses, your best bet is an deeply buried SC loaded with five buffed jets in addition to the buffed rapids and sonics.

Good luck!
Chasin' after my fortune & glory
148,300 medals. Max 10 Base. Free to play (use air and SC only in emergencies). Not bragging: these stats tell you what I am seeing at my level. Your mileage will vary.

Noahjedi77
Captain

Post#7 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:03 pm

vikki wrote:
wedge wrote:whats your sc deploy ring like, it looks like a dewback could trip the sc on the bottom left corner. Also since buffs i find too many turret types are a disadvantage as you cant buff all of them.

Thanks a lot, I will go ahead with rapids and sonics as per PhoenixAZ1899's advice.

Others have said it all, but I would also recommend to remember that certain turrets that are good in pvp are bad in sw. If u swap to a bunch of rapids and sonics, could ur base be easily hundied in sw? Just something I think is good to think about.
-my opinion

Member of:ElvenRebels
HQ:10
Faction:Rebel
:)

chicohound
Captain

Post#8 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:26 am

Hmmm, mortar turrets. I'm loading up my jets now!!!!

vikki
Storm Trooper

Post#9 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:40 am

Noahjedi77 wrote:
vikki wrote:

Others have said it all, but I would also recommend to remember that certain turrets that are good in pvp are bad in sw. If u swap to a bunch of rapids and sonics, could ur base be easily hundied in sw? Just something I think is good to think about.

Kindly share your recommendation for turrets for squad wars, thanks

DarkRebel
Major General

Post#10 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:58 am

- Don't leave empty spots in base. Not sure why there is an empty space on the right corner, near the transport.
- Consolidate turret to a single type (at most 2 types) so that you can use both damage and health perks on them. They are both important. RFT is fine, but I've seen some strong rebel bases with rockets also. (Note: while jumps/jets are favourite units, most people don't want to build a load full of jumps/jets as that would take 20 minutes per load. People is more likely to mix in mechs and here is where your rockets will help. And knowing that most IMP uses eATAT as a hero, it doesn't hurt to use the turret that can do the most damage against it.). So: sonics + 1 other type (at most 2). Now, if you were IMP, then definitely RFTs and sonics.
- Use the extra armory slot to equip planet specific skin for your rebels. Rebel soldiers with skin is a force to be reckon with.

Return to “Rate My Base Layout”