Level 5 base needs help (Empire)

Share a screenshot of your base here and have people rate it.
All your base are belong to us.! For great justice!
AgentColeslaw
Storm Trooper

Level 5 base needs help (Empire)

Post#1 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:54 pm

IMG_1872.JPG

I need suggestions. This base rarely survives an attack. Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Boog
Major General

Re: Level 5 base needs help (Empire)

Post#2 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:43 pm

Upgrade to level six. Five is a ridiculous level, because if you have too high of an adjusted base score, you get attacked by level 6's and 7's, which is totally unfair because they have >50% more troops in their loadout. Tip: do not under any circumstances build any more traps. They will kill you. They hurt your defense far more than help it, because a level one trap adds 30 to your base score. Be careful about building and upgrading your turrets. Again, they not only DO NOT HELP YOUR DEFENSE, they make attacking harder. As it is, redesigning your base is just shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic.

DarkRebel
Major General

Post#3 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:07 pm

Boog's suggestion is to make you become a sandbagger eventually (upgrade offense only, leave defense low level to manipulate match making to get easier opponent). This approach works, but not how I would play. Also, once your medal count reaches a certain level, your adjusted base rating would increase and you would face harder opponent anyway.

To me, when the game gets harder is when you need to really focus on skill development. And I am not only talk about attack skill, but also with base design, about defending.

As Empire, rule number one is load SC with high level snipers and bikes. For that, you need to join a squad which can donate high level bikes and snipers. Then place the SC in the middle of the base, beside the HQ.

Joining a good squad will help you in things like turret choice, SC location, etc..

And set your expectation appropriately, that your base won't stand a chance against higher level opponent. That's okay. Defense is hard, but will improve over time.

Just go out and attack, and get loots and have fun.

My 2 cents.

RabidWarBunny
Lieutenant

Post#4 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:35 pm

1. Build your base in a corner. This reduces the amount of space the enemy has to move on 2 sides.
2. Keep shields within walls. You want the enemy to shoot your walls, then your shields, then your base buildings. All during this time your turrets and SC is taking them out.
3. Cover every tile within your base. One strategically placed troop can activate your SC and lure your troops away for quick disposal.
4. Stack your turrets; mortars behind rapid fires and rockets. Keep bursts out front of all.
5. Place low health structures in a corner of your base. This won't necessarily keep you from getting annihilated but it might keep the enemy from getting 100%. Plus it may divide enemy troops up.
6. Bikes, snipers, ATDPs, Twi'leks and jumps make great SC troops.
7. Keep the SC trip radius within base limits and try to make it hard for it to be tripped by a solo rusher. It's hard to do this at lower lvls. Just be mindful.
8. If you must, enable health skins on buildings in the armory and use the buildings are reinforcement to slow the enemy advance. Watch EVERY replay to see common strategies and weaknesses. Always be tuning your base. Remember that for now jumps/jets are supreme; in a month it could be ridiculous skin that gives looter troops 500% health/damage. Always be prepared!

Noahjedi77
Captain

Post#5 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

I would move the sc into the middle of the base
-my opinion

Member of:ElvenRebels
HQ:10
Faction:Rebel
:)

AgentColeslaw
Storm Trooper

Post#6 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:40 pm

Okay, so I should move the squad center into the center of my base. How should I clear up space for it?

llamaman
Squadron Leader

Post#7 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:32 am

Hey agent coleslaw. I tried to upload an image of my base for you to check out my base for some ideas as it echoes some of the above mentioned advice but my file size is too big. If it helps you check out Llama man in The_fallen.
Good luck if you have already made changes

geoman48
Commodore

Post#8 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:59 am

Good suggestions already. At low levels, I've never been a fan of center bases. Too easy to attack from every angle. I prefer the top corner (at 12 o'clock) because that makes winning Heroic Defenses easier because the computer attackers will only attack from the bottom 2 sides.
:mrgreen: do you have the droids I'm looking for? :mrgreen:

Swad
Major General

Post#9 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:56 am

I am no expert on base design either and there are many different styles and designs that are strong, but some great advice already given. A couple of additional points which may help:
- minimum surface area for maximum space inside walls is always a square, not an oblong.
- place the scout hut in a far corner. It is not strong enough to act as an outer wall, but takes extra time to destroy if in a corner.
- If you are being hit by troops and machines, upgrade walls if necessary. If hit by jetpacks, use a different mix of turrets.
- a good squad to share replays, get sc troops and advice is essential.
Good luck
:lol:

Player name Ghost

Leader of: Spawn an active Imperial war squad
Entry level/assessment squad SPAWN~Rising Join us

Allied with ShadowInMe. An Imperial squad, KSOD top 100.Join us for war.

AgentColeslaw
Storm Trooper

Post#10 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:29 pm

I have followed your suggestions, upgrades to level 6, and have changed my base.
How do I prevent juggernauts from knocking out my shields?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Rate My Base Layout”