Rebel Level 6: A more spread out base in the corner.

Share a screenshot of your base here and have people rate it.
All your base are belong to us.! For great justice!

Poll: How is my base layout?

Awesome Layout!
33%
Might just get by.
43%
You are doomed.
24%
Total votes: 21

RebelYell
Admiral

Rebel Level 6: A more spread out base in the corner.

Post#1 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:00 am

My base is heavily "inspired" by a layout of CobraPilot in the playdom forums. It is not identical though.
It has now reached Level 1000. A good reason for a post. :mrgreen:

The spread out layout is somewhat good against AT-ATs. Although due to the current AT-AT problems they're often put on the corner border where they are immediately in the range of the turrets and get shot down soon. It has it flaws against infantry heavy attacks.

Two alloy refineries and the droid hut are put in the other 3 corners.

Edit:
With full Vaults the winning rate of my base got considerably worse. Attackers now usually use 4 or 5 airstrikes and also often their SC and get away with 3 or 7 medals and usually one vault of credits/alloy. But I'm currently updating two turrets. I hope it gets better when I'm back at updating one turret at a time and have some of them up at lv 6.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ImageWe're recruiting! (Rebels/Android/iOS). Just PM me here/LINE:lleyleber or request in game with a meaningful text. If you want to take part in wars, lv7+ is useful.

raptor
Major General

Re: Rebel Level 6: A more spread out base in the corner.

Post#2 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:24 pm

Yell, first of all, what language do you play in?

Second, good idea for a spread base. I imagine it's very hard for Empire to 3 star your base. Empire units are slow and hard to fit into tight spaces. I'm curious though, how often you defend without giving up any stars?

RebelYell
Admiral

Post#3 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:09 am

I am from Germany.

I can't remember that any attacker got 100% on my current base design. But once, someone with brains got up to 99%. That was close.

Today I was surprised to find I've won 39 medals in three defenses. But at least one of them was 0% with no replay available. (Despite quite a bunch of troops including 4 tie attacks were involved). So I think there was some technical failure at that attack.

But in the past time I also often lose defenses with 1 or 2 stars. Usually they get at most one of each vault because the base is so wide. And also because the attackers only very rarely use looter units. Even if they use 4-5 air strikes they only attack turrets (one at a time because I always put some space between them) or SC troops but never a vault.
ImageWe're recruiting! (Rebels/Android/iOS). Just PM me here/LINE:lleyleber or request in game with a meaningful text. If you want to take part in wars, lv7+ is useful.

RebelYell
Admiral

Post#4 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:49 pm

During the tournament my base had usually (nearly) maxed out resources. With more than 100K of resources credits/alloy available (and a very small amount of contraband) it wasn't attacked very often but attackers put much effort in the attack.

Nearly all of the attackers used 5 TIEs and many also the contents of their SC. My base won only one about 25% of the attacks. Many attackers managed to get 2 stars and usually half of the available loot. But some also managed 100%.

raptor
Major General

Post#5 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:52 am

When I attack, my goal is typically to get 3 stars so if I see a spread base like yours, I would usually skip because the probability of not getting 3 stars is high due to the time constraint. Therefore, it's possible that most of your attackers are either out for the loot, or have an army mix they feel is well suited for your base.

I would think the success rate of 1 starring a spread base is typically better than a tightly packed base. Tight bases is typically more all or nothing and depending on your layout the attacker could be forced the prioritize loot vs the second 2 star (HQ kill). With my lv 6 base layout in the other post, I usually login to a net plus medal count, I feel like with the success I get on offense, that is more than I could ask for.

RebelYell
Admiral

Post#6 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:11 am

I've read that many imperials are not taking part in the current tournament.
Their target is perhaps to fill up resources after they've been attacked by "us" rebels.

The other way round it should be very difficult for them to take loot from my base and not get at least one star.
I lose some medals but get some protection for that. (I am not playing all day :D )

Getting medals back has not been a problem for me (I am at about 0.07% in the tournament currently). It just happens very rarely that I completely fail an attack. This may get harder in Level 7.

It would be nice if you also post your level 7 layout when you feel it's ready. It will take roughly 2 weeks for me to get there. Probably still some time to look how my current layout does against "repaired" AT-ATs when the fix arrives.

Perhaps I will then move to your layout on level 7. :-)

NogginToboggan
Storm Trooper

Post#7 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:02 am

I think you're fairly safe from 3stared but personally, i'd attack this one for resources in a heartbeat. before the update a few days ago and during the tournament, my attack consisted of elite atmp, 3 hovertanks, 1 mobile platform, 2 snipers, 6 repair droids, 4 scouts, 12 stormies. as a level 7 attacker, your 2 rocket turrets in the corner wont stop me getting in and the atmp strips shields a little slow but not that slow. I may lose a hovertank before I get it but once I'm in I'm gold. since you are spread out, rockets wont be focusing me well. I deploy stormies outside the base to take those buildings out, and after my tanks push further in from the corner, I'll deploy snipers (if nothing came out the squad center). the snipers will pick off the things that are not turrets from outside turret ranges. considering the ATAT stupidness during that time, I never went for 100%. the atmp at least could be predicted to attack the turrets and thus not walk 1000 years to attack the shield it was deployed next to.

basebroker
Storm Trooper

Post#8 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:01 pm

I use AT-AT, 3 heavy cannons, 5 repair droids and rest heavy troopers, works allways except if SC contains badass troops, allways two or three stars, only thing what makes it difficult is if shields are in different corners because those machines are very slow

RebelYell
Admiral

Post#9 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:07 am

Yes, this design was created before the "fix" of the AT-AT. Current rebel bases are now usually even more spread out to let the "cows" walk.

Dariuzzz
Cadet Trooper

Post#10 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:31 pm

Great base tho! Did you had any updates to layout that we can see?

Return to “Rate My Base Layout”