squad center troops make attacks pointless

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
eclampsium
Major General

Re: squad center troops make attacks pointless

Post#11 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:06 am

AAA wrote:It's the same for both sides the number one thing that folks need help with in upper levels is sc attack strategies. I think you should be able to attack any base. I'm not scared of your fortified corner, 12 sonic cannons, or concealed sc.

There are very few sc's that can't be activated before an attack, and only trapped machinery can't be pulled out in the open. If someone is smart enough to keep their sc ten away from a place where I can drop a rebel soldier, I send in a gamorrean. All you have to do is get within ten squares so find a turrent close enough, blow the wall, and aim a pig. If it is anything but bikes put someone far away and they will start meandering over there blind to all of the other troops that are killing them. Bikes redirect to the closest target so once they arrive put down Luke or Vader very close and activate their whirl. Then put the other troops behind them. Another more flashy (but harder) trick for bikes is to put two twileks right in the middle of them and when they blow so do the bikes.

The only thing I worry about with sc's is them taking up precious attack time.

Yep! 100% right

LDeVose2
Commodore

Post#12 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:12 pm

Really rebels do not need to reply. They have no connection or experience with this problem. My point is. Developers need to let troops target sc troops once they are under attack by them.

Maybe you are right - for both sides. It is all part of the pathing coding. Rebel attacks are faced with the same frustration when we attack. Although I use Heavy Soldiers which are generalists, they still do not return fire on Squad Center defenders until they have finished whatever is their original target. In the meantime our troops are just taking health-sapping fire. If they target the Medi Droids then the rest is just waiting out the clock, and watching my forces get demolished - hoping for at least one star.

I have to check again, but some Rebel Mechs do the same thing. They will roll right by (over) a group of defenders and do nothing but take health-sapping fire and be destroyed while they proceed to or attack their preferred target.
In-Game Name - Eulippia Prime
Windows 10
Current Base Level ~ 7

Faction - Rebel
Current Rank ~ 7
Squad - Eulippia
Squad Position - Leader
Squad Status -
OPEN

How to Join - OPEN

LDeVose2
Commodore

Post#13 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:21 pm

AAA wrote:It's the same for both sides the number one thing that folks need help with in upper levels is sc attack strategies. I think you should be able to attack any base. I'm not scared of your fortified corner, 12 sonic cannons, or concealed sc.

eclampsium wrote:Yep! 100% right

This is a game of at least moderate strategy and skill. This means that we will have to actually think our way through and adjust to the various base layouts, troop tendencies, vulnerabilities, etc. The degree to which I can adapt to new challenges is the degree to which I will ultimately master the game. That's life.
In-Game Name - Eulippia Prime
Windows 10
Current Base Level ~ 7

Faction - Rebel
Current Rank ~ 7
Squad - Eulippia
Squad Position - Leader
Squad Status -
OPEN

How to Join - OPEN

Return to “General Discussions”