THANK YOU FOR KILLING THE GAME!!!

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
User avatar
SarjoPebas
Captain
Posts: 97

Re: THANK YOU FOR KILLING THE GAME!!!

Post#11 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:46 pm

Agree - as I have gone up through the levels had to change units and tactics to get wins. It does keep it fresh. But I agree matchmaking opponents is terrible during a conflict. Arrived in Er kit for conflict about to start. Being offered lv 9 to attack. Crazy.
Are you a rebel? Then join Rebel3Squad!


User avatar
LDeVose2
Commodore
Posts: 100

Re: THANK YOU FOR KILLING THE GAME!!!

Post#12 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:56 pm

JNB wrote:well said LDeVose2. I like the challenge. makes me think more trying to figure out how to beat it, get around the problems. I find this game quite fun, yes i like being able to send my eAT-AT walking through a base stomping everything in site but it gets boring, the match making makes me figure out how to do it other ways as i am going against harder enemies.


I think it is the fact that the developers are trying to get it right, that they are trying to build a game that any age or IQ could enjoy. This is what makes it more difficult for them to get the balance right. And hey! They are human! If this were not the fact then this would be like Evony or League of Angels where you do not just buy crystals to get to something faster. You have to pay in order to enjoy all of the features of the game - I mean vital tools without which you cannot advance beyond some levels. Otherwise you can never expect to rise to the highest levels. Non-payers of these games are second-class players. This is not so here. Regardless of how much you speed up research and construction, you still can only win by successfully winning battles - defensive AND offensive. This game is Dish TV to their DirectTV - with them you will catch fees if you want to really enjoy the game. Here free really means free. The closest second was the Sim City iterations that were "free" play on Facebook. Theirs was a milder case, but once you catch fees you know you are in for a problem.

Look, I do not, have not or ever expect to work for the house that Walt built. However, I can see through this whole thing the same commitment to excellence that has given us Cindy, Mickey, Minnie, Arielle, and now Luke, Leia, Chewy and the rest (like Ashoka, Anakin, Hera, etc.). If they have taken it on, they mean to take it as close to perfection as they can. Disney has not grown to be the BELOVED media giant that it is by not fulfilling its promises.

As I said before, I do not dismiss people's real problems. I do not dismiss real bugs. If it happened to me, yes I would be upset. However, I would also take into account the immensity of such a task. I wonder if those who are so damning of the developers for these errors have ever written a single line of functional code. I have - on a far smaller and more primitive level - but I have, and none other but the US Navy adopted the program for the civilian personnel operation I designed it to serve. However, it took hours and hours of writing and rewriting. I wrote just for my own use - to keep my workflow in order. When our Washington team saw it, they loved it and used it at least as a major building block for all branches of our command. Did I mention that this was not my primary job? Since I wanted this tool to work, and my goal was to make it so that my boss could access it in my absence, I had to stay late and work on it.

This is the reason that I have not rebuilt my personal website in about four years since I completely left the industry that first made it an indispensable tool (it paid for itself in prospect conversions). I know some coding, but I do not want to get that deep, and the WYSIWYG programs all fall short of the full flexibility I need. I have Picasso ideas with Flintstone tools. It really seems like another few hundred hours is in store for me.

Sorry for the long response, but this is a good game. Yes I can see where it needs improvement. There are some aspects of it that make me laugh with frustration (try to write the word pass or lass or mass in chat). Chat overall could get me millions in stand up comedy gigs because of its quirks. But even this annoyance keeps me guessing.

Anyway, it is good to know that whatever your age, there is another adult in the room.
In-Game Name - Eulippia Prime
Windows 10
Current Base Level ~ 7

Faction - Rebel
Current Rank ~ 7
Squad - Eulippia
Squad Position - Leader
Squad Status -
OPEN

How to Join - OPEN


User avatar
LDeVose2
Commodore
Posts: 100

Re: THANK YOU FOR KILLING THE GAME!!!

Post#13 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:07 pm

SarjoPebas wrote:Agree - as I have gone up through the levels had to change units and tactics to get wins. It does keep it fresh. But I agree matchmaking opponents is terrible during a conflict. Arrived in Er kit for conflict about to start. Being offered lv 9 to attack. Crazy.


There is canyon of difference in the kind of opposition you will get everywhere else but on Tatooine. I have cobbled together enough crystals and threadbare wins to get off Dandoran and whatever other planet I have unlocked. I go there for a few battles just because of the bigger returns even if I lose. Then I hightail it back to Tatooine where I can lick my wounds, remove the shoeleather from my arse and continue building and upgrading. Remember, everybody starts on Tatooine. You can only access a second planet from at least level 5 and beyond. It is impossible, unless you are coining, to get enough credits to unlock a second and third planet until level 6. I am level 6 now and get beat like a rug. Who is able to stay there and enjoy success? Level 8 or 9 and up.

Come back to Tatooine. Go to the others, but come back to Tatooine when all you are getting is laser burns and footprints on your rear end. ;) :lol:
In-Game Name - Eulippia Prime
Windows 10
Current Base Level ~ 7

Faction - Rebel
Current Rank ~ 7
Squad - Eulippia
Squad Position - Leader
Squad Status -
OPEN

How to Join - OPEN


User avatar
eclampsium
Major General
Posts: 307

Re: THANK YOU FOR KILLING THE GAME!!!

Post#14 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:23 am

Some people are just complaining becouse the At-At is not anymore that super super long range destroyer it used to be and now need to rethink the attack... Not shure if is it this one of the reasons so many are complaining. I'm complaining about the matchmaking... I'm at 7k and loosing medals not to up anymore and make my terrrrrrrible matchmaking even worst becouse i'm attacked by lv10 enemyes with 70k medals and i'm an mid lv8 with 7k medals... No justice on that too...


User avatar
Napalm
Commodore
Posts: 190

Re: THANK YOU FOR KILLING THE GAME!!!

Post#15 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:44 am

LDeVose2 wrote:
FanTac wrote:Will you devs GET IT?! Most of us HATE the game now!!! Fix it already!!! Or at the very least, TALK TO US! Tell us you're working on it or NOT. That way, we'll make our own **** mind as to if we continue living this frustration or if we just move on!!! The game SUCKS as it is right now. Can't you see LESS activity on your servers?!? We're all puzzled in my squad and many have voiced their displeasure on the forums! What more can be said/done? Wake the **** up people!



Hey, Fan, your comment that the developers should at least communicate is the key. As you say, people leave games prematurely when something is wrong with the product and no one acknowledges. Did you see X-Flak's post of a note from the developer team? Maybe you can find out where he wrote and help make sure this is not left unaddressed.



You guys all understand that his isn't the "official" game forum right?

Checkout playdom.com. That's where the majority of the game community interact and there is Dev involvement on that site and responses to players comments and concerns. Some would argue that they don't interact enough and I'd have to agree but there is some interaction and two way communication.

Since the range issues with the Jug and ATAT were fixes last week it seems we're back to business as usual.

Napalm
Napalm
Rank 26 :: 148,300
Pogo
Rank 25 :: 148,200

Battalion Family. Top Squad:Wolf-Battalion


User avatar
LDeVose2
Commodore
Posts: 100

Re: THANK YOU FOR KILLING THE GAME!!!

Post#16 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:21 pm

Napalm wrote:
You guys all understand that his isn't the "official" game forum right?

Checkout playdom.com. That's where the majority of the game community interact and there is Dev involvement on that site and responses to players comments and concerns. Some would argue that they don't interact enough and I'd have to agree but there is some interaction and two way communication.

Since the range issues with the Jug and ATAT were fixes last week it seems we're back to business as usual.

Napalm


Which comes back to this being a situation where all of us - coiners or not - get more than we bring. I would not be surprised to learn that this is a loss leader just to keep the name Disney on our lips and the Star Wars franchise in our minds. Man. I almost leaped out of my seat when I saw the Lugabeast in SWtFA! To think that I saw it "here" first!
In-Game Name - Eulippia Prime
Windows 10
Current Base Level ~ 7

Faction - Rebel
Current Rank ~ 7
Squad - Eulippia
Squad Position - Leader
Squad Status -
OPEN

How to Join - OPEN


User avatar
LDeVose2
Commodore
Posts: 100

Re: THANK YOU FOR KILLING THE GAME!!!

Post#17 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:26 pm

eclampsium wrote:Some people are just complaining becouse the At-At is not anymore that super super long range destroyer it used to be and now need to rethink the attack... Not shure if is it this one of the reasons so many are complaining. I'm complaining about the matchmaking... I'm at 7k and loosing medals not to up anymore and make my terrrrrrrible matchmaking even worst becouse i'm attacked by lv10 enemyes with 70k medals and i'm an mid lv8 with 7k medals... No justice on that too...


What planet are you on? Any place other than Tatooine is going to come with fights with the Big Boys with bigger guns. I have two other planets unlocked. If I go to the others, it is because I want to speed up on my resource acquisition. However, being only level 6, I usually get badly bloodied. After enough medal losses and diminishing returns, I head back to Tatooine. Here I am seldom attacked by anything more than a level 7, and sometimes do OK. I know I have been attacked by higher level opponents. I just do not recall whether it was on Tatooine or Dandoran.
In-Game Name - Eulippia Prime
Windows 10
Current Base Level ~ 7

Faction - Rebel
Current Rank ~ 7
Squad - Eulippia
Squad Position - Leader
Squad Status -
OPEN

How to Join - OPEN


User avatar
eclampsium
Major General
Posts: 307

Re: THANK YOU FOR KILLING THE GAME!!!

Post#18 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:17 pm

LDeVose2 wrote:
eclampsium wrote:Some people are just complaining becouse the At-At is not anymore that super super long range destroyer it used to be and now need to rethink the attack... Not shure if is it this one of the reasons so many are complaining. I'm complaining about the matchmaking... I'm at 7k and loosing medals not to up anymore and make my terrrrrrrible matchmaking even worst becouse i'm attacked by lv10 enemyes with 70k medals and i'm an mid lv8 with 7k medals... No justice on that too...


What planet are you on? Any place other than Tatooine is going to come with fights with the Big Boys with bigger guns. I have two other planets unlocked. If I go to the others, it is because I want to speed up on my resource acquisition. However, being only level 6, I usually get badly bloodied. After enough medal losses and diminishing returns, I head back to Tatooine. Here I am seldom attacked by anything more than a level 7, and sometimes do OK. I know I have been attacked by higher level opponents. I just do not recall whether it was on Tatooine or Dandoran.


I still don't have ErKit and Yavin, as the conflicts got too heavy at my matchmaking i stopped entering all of them. The dificulty is not much different for me at lv8 in any of them, in fact, i find tatooine the worst becouse i will be attacked with 99,99% of shure within five minutes of shut off. Takodana in the first week, had only something like 10000 players, so there was really only big boys there (with big prizes too), but today things got pretty much normal there. I even like to go there becouse i receive less frequent attacks than tatooine for example (less players...) I keep changing worlds to unlock the mission boxes expecting someday to receive something usefull (yet to happen). But i'm used to them and do not turn my back... i only avoid them if i'm in a conflict where a potential loss is not desired. Out of conflicts i always check they're bases and pick back my loot as they usually have more than i. Today i attacked a lv10 base and luckily got two stars in a revenge but the best part was the 500k/600k of gold and alloy and 20000 of contraband! i do not care that much for medals to run from the enemyes and sometimes do loose 25 medals in a bogus revenge, but mostly the paychek is tempting.

PS: a bunch of twileks are horrific for looting :lol: they explode and take the loot with them.


User avatar
LDeVose2
Commodore
Posts: 100

Re: THANK YOU FOR KILLING THE GAME!!!

Post#19 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:51 pm

eclampsium wrote:Today i attacked a lv10 base and luckily got two stars in a revenge but the best part was the 500k/600k of gold and alloy and 20000 of contraband! i do not care that much for medals to run from the enemyes and sometimes do loose 25 medals in a bogus revenge, but mostly the paychek is tempting.

PS: a bunch of twileks are horrific for looting :lol: they explode and take the loot with them.


Even for me at a level 6 500K and 600k loot and 20000 contraband could get me to chance an obvious outmatch!

I hate those reward boxes, too! I just knew I had hit the mother lode when I got the Rebel Vanguard - until I tried to upgrade it in Research. I have to unlock each level of upgrade. Do they become useful by level 8?
In-Game Name - Eulippia Prime
Windows 10
Current Base Level ~ 7

Faction - Rebel
Current Rank ~ 7
Squad - Eulippia
Squad Position - Leader
Squad Status -
OPEN

How to Join - OPEN


User avatar
eclampsium
Major General
Posts: 307

Re: THANK YOU FOR KILLING THE GAME!!!

Post#20 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:00 am

LDeVose2 wrote:
eclampsium wrote:Today i attacked a lv10 base and luckily got two stars in a revenge but the best part was the 500k/600k of gold and alloy and 20000 of contraband! i do not care that much for medals to run from the enemyes and sometimes do loose 25 medals in a bogus revenge, but mostly the paychek is tempting.

PS: a bunch of twileks are horrific for looting :lol: they explode and take the loot with them.


Even for me at a level 6 500K and 600k loot and 20000 contraband could get me to chance an obvious outmatch!

I hate those reward boxes, too! I just knew I had hit the mother lode when I got the Rebel Vanguard - until I tried to upgrade it in Research. I have to unlock each level of upgrade. Do they become useful by level 8?


Specially with the patch no 3.5.0.4, the traps became very deadly to infantry troops and that is bad if your are playin in the reball side. I started to put one vanguard rebell as routine in the mix and drop it in the area where the main troops will be deployed. if he aims at something i take a bit more of care and go slowering the troops deployment. I still have some lv8 vanguards from a limited ed ones and at that level they are very nice and can clear a bunch of traps very fast. As the lv9 have those kind of traps that deploy heavy troopers wich may attack your troops in an surprise way, they start becoming very interesting. There are some clever bases that put the HQ in a slightly exposed way and a more protected side with resources to force players choose medals or loot as priority so that the attacker has to choose loot with a high chance he will loose the battle, or possibly medals/points and not much loot if he chooses the HQ side. These strategy usually cames with a bunch of traps arround the HQ wich makes the players loose many troops that way and bogus his attack. So yes, i think they are worthy. The matter is that at lv 1 they suffer a lot to destroy each trap making them more slower and less efficient, but still usefull. Lv2 makes them 20% stronger and they start to become more usefull. lv 3-4 is completely worthy and at lv7+ they are fast at destroying traps and help opening walls at the same time. I like them.

sorry if i gone offtopic. cheers everybody!


Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Facebook [Bot] and 28 guests