Galaxy Control - New Home For SWC Players

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
joeYT
Commander

Re: Galaxy Control - New Home For SWC Players

Post#21 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:01 am

Shelendil wrote:Engineering Bay and Squad HQ are important. The Laboratory and Starship Command are good too. Other than that: walls, spaceports, heroes, and unit research are the basics. You don't need a drone for walls. Unit production buildings and resource storage as needed.

Turrets/traps are optional.... Build level 1 of everything, then assess if and how you want to increase your defense at the expense of increased experience level. Experience level is the most important factor for pvp matchmaking.

WOAH!!! But thanks for the advice Shelendil!
Last edited by DeathStriker on Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Added Quote for Clarity
MTFBWYA
Thanks For Being Great Commanders, Keeping the Game Alive and Fun.
:( :( :(

LosVega
Admiral

Post#22 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:10 am

I'm currently at level 7 for the command center. I would add that unlike SWC, walls matter very much on defense. Troop AI mostly has ground troops go around walls rather than punch thru. Upgrading the walls to stay current with base level helps alot. Capturing the orbiting asteroids for their resources will help in paying for upgrades and attack runs bcuz the base resource generators just aren't enough.
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, ROYALX, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite & Duza's Finest - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

Drks
Squadron Leader

Post#23 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:50 pm

the game is nice! it becomes more interesting at level 8 (hq lvl8)! we have recovered some lost or alone swc players! if others want to join and don't have squads, there is room with us: backfortheattack! a level 3 is necessary to join a team!! see you in galaxy control and good luck all!!
DRKS B4TAofficer

FinrodFelagund
Major General

Post#24 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:51 pm

I will echo what others have said, we’ve found a home playing Galaxy Control. A lot of similarities to SWC, but many more of the nice touches that make the game prosper; legitimate PvE, enough of a player base to make PvP work. And rewards for various events and challenges are worthwhile.
We used bows, then we discovered bowcasters.
The Pointy-eared folk have a couple openings

CoolGuy
Admiral

Post#25 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:57 pm

It's extremely similar to SWC - some might even say it's a copy. But it removes a lot of the bugs from SWC. Granted it doesn't have the familiarity and panache of the Star Wars brand, but I'm enjoying it.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

Harshit
Admiral

Post#26 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:11 pm

CoolGuy wrote:It's extremely similar to SWC - some might even say it's a copy. But it removes a lot of the bugs from SWC. Granted it doesn't have the familiarity and panache of the Star Wars brand, but I'm enjoying it.

I have downloaded it, name of the squad or whatever is called there ?
Empire lvl 10 HH-Resurrection (Level 50). Proud former (Holocron Horror) top 10 Windows squad.

joeYT
Commander

Post#27 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:10 am

CoolGuy wrote:It's extremely similar to SWC - some might even say it's a copy. But it removes a lot of the bugs from SWC. Granted it doesn't have the familiarity and panache of the Star Wars brand, but I'm enjoying it.

Hey CoolGuy, what squads are you in?
MTFBWYA
Thanks For Being Great Commanders, Keeping the Game Alive and Fun.
:( :( :(

CoolGuy
Admiral

Post#28 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:13 pm

joeYT wrote:

Hey CoolGuy, what squads are you in?

Currently Haze Rebels - but we eventually will be forming a new RogueEwok squad.

CoolGuy
Admiral

Post#29 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:14 pm

Harshit wrote:

I have downloaded it, name of the squad or whatever is called there ?

I'm in Haze Rebels, but I'll post when a new RogueEwok squad is formed. We would like some experienced SWC players.
Last edited by CoolGuy on Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LosVega
Admiral

Post#30 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:26 pm

Drks wrote:the game is nice! it becomes more interesting at level 8 (hq lvl8)! we have recovered some lost or alone swc players! if others want to join and don't have squads, there is room with us: backfortheattack! a level 3 is necessary to join a team!! see you in galaxy control and good luck all!!

I believe you need a level 4 command center to join a squad , very easy to upgrade those first few levels
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, ROYALX, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite & Duza's Finest - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

Return to “General Discussions”