Galaxy Control - New Home For SWC Players

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DeathStriker

Re: Galaxy Control - New Home For SWC Players

Post#11 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:30 pm

RogueRevolution wrote:hey @DeathStriker thanks for making this topic thing, hopefully it'll help give GC a bit of extra attention

RogueRevolution - You are welcome. :D

There are lots of good games former SWC Players might enjoy, and Galaxy Control has been mentioned almost as much as Clash of Clans (another good choice).

It is my hope that all the "New Home" and "Where are SWC Players Nows" type Topics will help all former SWC Players find a new Game "Home" should they decide to do so.

My thanks to Shelendil for their "List" found here of SWC-related squads in Galaxy Control (just a small sample).

It has been an honor and a privilege helping the SWC Community. MTFBWYA

RogueRevolution
Captain

Post#12 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:00 pm

DS - yeah, for sure, and that list was a godsend to anyone interested. you banking on any of these games yourself?
may the force be with you...

joeYT
Commander

Post#13 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:25 pm

GC huh? cool, maybe i'll join and go to a former SW squad mentioned up there.
MTFBWYA
Thanks For Being Great Commanders, Keeping the Game Alive and Fun.
:( :( :(

RogueRevolution
Captain

Post#14 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:32 pm

yeah, it's doesn't have the same charm as SWC (of course) but i'll admit it has potential.

DeathStriker

Post#15 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:45 pm

RogueRevolution wrote:DS - yeah, for sure, and that list was a godsend to anyone interested. you banking on any of these games yourself?

RogueRevolution - I have not decided yet to tackle any other game and am taking a "break" after spending 5 Years 9 Months of "SWC Life" to include Moderation of 2 out of 3 Forums.

If I do decide to start another MMO Game it is nice to know there are some "options" out there.

It has been an honor and a privilege helping the SWC Community. MTFBWYA

RogueRevolution
Captain

Post#16 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:51 pm

DS - hahaha yeah thats a pretty fair response. well, take it easy then, maybe you'll run into some old friends now and then

RogueRevolution
Captain

Post#17 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:10 pm

so, my opinion on GC (if anyone cares): i'm not that far into it, and its not SWC, but there are definitely a lot of similarities in the gameplay. the aesthetic lacks all the charm and symbolism of star wars, but for a generic space thing, its not bad. there appears to be a large number of former SWC players, which is nice, and i'd say it's definitely worth checking out if you're unsure. it takes a slight adjustment, but its easy enough. i can't make a full evaluation and i'm not a game critic anyway, but yeah, just: it's worth checking out.

joeYT
Commander

Post#18 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:28 am

Cool.
MTFBWYA
Thanks For Being Great Commanders, Keeping the Game Alive and Fun.
:( :( :(

ObiWanKenobi2016
Grand Admiral

Re: Servers down? Anyone else?

Post#19 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:33 am

Shelendil wrote:...

I'm giving this game a try.

Is there a recommended upgrade order for buildings?

I'm Command Centre 3, with a mix of buildings at level 1-4.
HQ Prestige - Sons of Death & Midnight Mob

You must do what you think is right, of course.

Shelendil
Grand Admiral

Post#20 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:18 am

Engineering Bay and Squad HQ are important. The Laboratory and Starship Command are good too. Other than that: walls, spaceports, heroes, and unit research are the basics. You don't need a drone for walls. Unit production buildings and resource storage as needed.

Turrets/traps are optional.... Build level 1 of everything, then assess if and how you want to increase your defense at the expense of increased experience level. Experience level is the most important factor for pvp matchmaking.
Marauders-Delta

Return to “General Discussions”