The End.

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
CoolGuy
Admiral

Re: The End.

Post#11 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:23 pm

FinrodFelagund wrote:It is sad at the end, this community was truly something special, sure we had the trolls, the instigators as well as the amazing folk who helped so many others. But all things fade and pass away.
Yet, many endure far longer than others, Star Wars continues to endure, despite all Disney has done to tarnish and diminish it.
May the Force be with us all, always.

A large part of the community is alive and thriving in Galaxy Control. I wasn't going to play anything else, but it was refreshing starting a new game which is a clone of SWC, but with improvements.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

FinrodFelagund
Major General

Post#12 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:56 pm

CoolGuy wrote:
FinrodFelagund wrote:It is sad at the end, this community was truly something special, sure we had the trolls, the instigators as well as the amazing folk who helped so many others. But all things fade and pass away.
Yet, many endure far longer than others, Star Wars continues to endure, despite all Disney has done to tarnish and diminish it.
May the Force be with us all, always.

A large part of the community is alive and thriving in Galaxy Control. I wasn't going to play anything else, but it was refreshing starting a new game which is a clone of SWC, but with improvements.

My squad has relocated to Galaxy Control. We’re thriving there.
We used bows, then we discovered bowcasters.
The Pointy-eared folk have a couple openings

LosVega
Admiral

Post#13 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:43 pm

syncpan77 wrote:Galaxy Control is so hard to get into. Something about it is just not getting me hooked. Other games I'm playing just fine but that one has me in a "meh" state of mind.

From another post:
LosVega wrote:GC versus SWC:

global chat vs none (really not that great but it's there)
live attack view vs none
war attack replays vs none
squad mate can assist you in challenge attack vs none
Base edit mode with multiple save built in game vs add on app
war base edit mode with multiple save vs none
option to empty sc without attacking vs dump sc in attack only
same troop loadout 1 button reload vs you already know the struggle....

Not to mention multiple options to financially support the game:
redmin purchase vs crystal purchase only
redmin subscription vs crystal purchase only
redmin subscription with extra drone and build time cut in half vs crystal purchase only
bonus redmin based on purchase vs crystal purchase only
redmin by lottery (view ad) vs none (can't remember what SWC had earlier that was similar but gone now)

I feel cheated now knowing GC has all these features without lag and glitches but it took nearly 4 years for devs to get SWC chat working without lagging.

C'mon sync, it's really a better game despite how much I miss SWC (but not that much now) :D
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, ROYALX, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite & Duza's Finest - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

Beebop
Lieutenant

Post#14 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:50 am

syncpan77 wrote:Galaxy Control is so hard to get into. Something about it is just not getting me hooked. Other games I'm playing just fine but that one has me in a "meh" state of mind.

I had the same vibe regarding Galaxy Control. Nice graphics though. I play State of Survival right now and somehow that game got me hooked. And the graphics of that game could be much better lol. SoS is a zombie survival game that is very extensive or wide. A lot of options. And it has nothing to do with a galaxy ;)

geoman48
Admiral

Post#15 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:37 am

joeYT wrote:Imagine if Commander started up for one day when if got to August 21 (the day it was released)

I imagined it! :mrgreen:

But in reality, SWC is still deader than a doornail except in our collective memories. :cry:

Return to “General Discussions”