Is There Anybody Out There?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
RogueRevolution
Captain

Re: is anyone out there?

Post#11 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:22 am

Ultrawave wrote:Why can’t they just leave the game running?

i'm not the best one for explaining it, but it could be financial, contractual, or any number of reasons. the main thing is that the return of SWC, as the game we know, is pretty unlikely, especially in these early days. its better to look for some evolution in the way of a new game or interest, hopefully while keeping the SWC community and culture intact. there is a chance the code is released, and several ways the game could in fact be brought back, but for right now it's not that important. ie, 'what will happen' is a better question than 'what happened'.

wow, well, i failed to answer the question, but maybe that provided some kind of... something... insight? i dunno
may the force be with you...

Tamarack
Commodore

Re: Is Anyone Out There?

Post#12 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:17 am

Well. Tried to log into the game yesterday and errored out. Guess it is officially dead now. :(
Leader of Sleepoverclub because all of the other people left and I was given the default leadership!

Support me in the 2018 Extra-Life Marathon #FTK #extralife @extralife4kids

SithVicious
Commander

Post#13 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:34 am

I don't know if there really is a correlation: But with the announcement to close Star Wars: Commander, the Zynga share has developed quite well ...

Former proud officer @ ImperialPhantom and @ SITh
#DARKSIDE
#FreeBeerForAll

RogueRevolution
Captain

Post#14 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:37 am

@SithVicious - thats... surprisingly encouraging - it could mean they have a big project that investors are interested in. then again, could be coincidental, but hey, at least its something

DeathStriker

Post#15 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:39 am

RogueRevolution wrote:just wondering how many of you are still roaming the forums hoping for a miracle... the place feels pretty lonely all of a sudden.

RogueRevolution - I got to admit that when I saw this Topic's "Title" I thought of this...

... especially around timecode of 0:28...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNLhxKpfCnA

It has been an honor and a privilege helping the SWC Community. MTFBWYA

RogueRevolution
Captain

Re: Is There Anybody Out There?

Post#16 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:17 am

@DeathStriker
oh crap are they gonna sue me? :D i swear it was a coincidence...
pink floyd's pretty epic tho, i haven't heard too much of their stuff but i've liked what i have, and the dark side of the moon (album) art is just iconic, hoping i can come up with something that good if/when i get some albums done

GlockShanty
Captain

Post#17 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:04 am

SithVicious wrote:

I don't know if there really is a correlation: But with the announcement to close Star Wars: Commander, the Zynga share has developed quite well ...

Wow. Most people seem to be ignoring your post, but I guess it shows that SWC was just a millstone around Zynga's necks and closing the game down to focus on their new shooter was the best thing to happen to their shares.

I also still can't believe so many people here are in denial about the game closing. It's been five days. :lol:
Playing since August 2014

RogueRevolution
Captain

Re: Is There Anybody Out There?

Post#18 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:06 am

can't believe you bothered to check these forums... it's been 5 days, after all.

...either that or just 4 days, i guess.

Return to “General Discussions”