SAVE SWC - So Much to So Many (discussion/rally)

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
RogueRevolution
Commander

SAVE SWC - So Much to So Many (discussion/rally)

Post#1 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:58 am

Is this really the end? I know this game means so much to so many - there are several petitions and lots of talk about the community, but is it just to disintegrate now? I know there is some valid skepticism about the revival of SWC, but consider that there might be another chapter to play out. Imagine a game that created a community so strong it survived even after the game's 'death'... now imagine this could be that community. I'm not looking for definitive action just yet, I'm looking to see how many would be serious about keeping this community alive until a 'spiritual successor' arises, maybe even at the hands of the community itself. We can keep the SWC flame alive if people are willing.

Mods and those in a position to do something - this is an appeal to mobilize the community, to begin seriously considering a SWC revival movement of sorts. If you have something to say, any and all ideas are welcome, discussion is great (and necessary to some extent), or if you just like what I'm saying drop a 'SWC forever' or something to show how many would be on board. I've posted a similar 'speech' on the subreddit -
https://www.reddit.com/r/Starwarscommander/

SWC lives through us now... so what do we do?
anyone remember Keyan Farlander? assuming anyone knew of him to begin with... the rebel pilot? the other guy who survives a new hope?

DeathStriker

Re: SAVE SWC - So Much to So Many (discussion/rally)

Post#2 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:53 am

RogueRevolution wrote:Is this really the end? I know this game means so much to so many - there are several petitions and lots of talk about the community, but is it just to disintegrate now?

Mods and those in a position to do something - this is an appeal to mobilize the community, to begin seriously considering a SWC revival movement of sorts.

RogueRevolution - While the "idea" of reviving SWC is appealing it will ultimately be up to Disney whom owns all the rights to "Star Wars" and any related Star Wars Game Licenses, Merchandise, etc.

This Forum may not last too much longer, as the Website Owner, a former SWC Player, may decide to close the Forum and/or not renew the Domain Name Registration.

AND SO... in the time remaining here... if someone wanted to create a New Forum and post a Link in this Forum any discussions about a "SWC Revival Movement" could be continued there.

My thoughts on this Topic...

It has been an honor and a privilege helping the SWC Community. MTFBWYA

RogueRevolution
Commander

Post#3 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:04 am

DeathStriker wrote:
RogueRevolution wrote:Is this really the end? I know this game means so much to so many - there are several petitions and lots of talk about the community, but is it just to disintegrate now?

Mods and those in a position to do something - this is an appeal to mobilize the community, to begin seriously considering a SWC revival movement of sorts.

RogueRevolution - While the "idea" of reviving SWC is appealing it will ultimately be up to Disney whom owns all the rights to "Star Wars" and any related Star Wars Game Licenses, Merchandise, etc.

This Forum may not last too much longer, as the Website Owner, a former SWC Player, may decide to close the Forum and/or not renew the Domain Name Registration.

AND SO... in the time remaining here... if someone wanted to create a New Forum and post a Link in this Forum any discussions about a "SWC Revival Movement" could be continued there.

My thoughts on this Topic...

maybe i worded that a little wrong. i'm not so much talking about reviving the game itself - i'm sure many others are trying that anyway, and of course it would be nice to have those projects gain some attention - but rather, i was mostly talking about keeping forums like these alive for the community so that the friendships formed in SWC have a chance at surviving without the game. hopefully that's a little clearer, and i appreciate hearing your thoughts on it.
anyone remember Keyan Farlander? assuming anyone knew of him to begin with... the rebel pilot? the other guy who survives a new hope?

RogueRevolution
Commander

Post#4 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:50 am

https://www.reddit.com/r/Starwarscomman ... ame=iossmf

just a project someone is undertaking to recreate the game, if anyone can help

LosVega
Admiral

Post#5 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:04 am

A suggestion perhaps....

There is no getting around the fact that Disney owns the rights to star wars so it's a foregone conclusion that the "game" will not be back. It's also been noted that both CoC and SWC are based on Unity code/engine so from an apples to apples perspective they're the same game. I'm not suggesting that if you miss SWC then play CoC but there has to be people out there familiar with unity code to basically write a "SWC" type game without infringing upon Disney rights. That's probably not the best answer for the dilemma at hand but for a spitball idea, it sticks.....loosely though.
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, ROYALX, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite & Duza's Finest - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

RogueRevolution
Commander

Post#6 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:15 am

LosVega wrote:A suggestion perhaps....

There is no getting around the fact that Disney owns the rights to star wars so it's a foregone conclusion that the "game" will not be back. It's also been noted that both CoC and SWC are based on Unity code/engine so from an apples to apples perspective they're the same game. I'm not suggesting that if you miss SWC then play CoC but there has to be people out there familiar with unity code to basically write a "SWC" type game without infringing upon Disney rights. That's probably not the best answer for the dilemma at hand but for a spitball idea, it sticks.....loosely though.

yeah, thats definitely an angle i'd like to take, and one of the key ideas i had when making this post. i mean, theres over 9000 people on this forum, surely there has to be at least someone who can code and/or even just knows someone who can. unfortunately for any idea to grow, we need a somewhat active community, and it seems like the forum is dead now. if enough people get hit in the feels and come back to see some action, then theres a chance something like this could be organized, but i'm in no position to bring them back, and i'm not sure who is. just on a more personal note, what (if anything) are you doing in the aftermath of SWC?

Return to “General Discussions”