Support Ending - Will People Still Play?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Therealharbinger
Major General

Re: Support Ending - Will People Still Play?

Post#21 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:14 am

lukeskywalker wrote:
Phantom7 wrote:
Gunnar wrote:Here till the end

Why is it ending?

Would it not be possible to leave it as a playable game for me current members?

The problem is the game is based on PvP (player vs. player) battles that occur across the globe. A lot of the game resides on Zynga's servers to allow that to happen. Once that connection gets severed, you won't have access. The game is not playable as a standalone game on your device. That's the sad reality. A programmer might be better able to explain this.

Server space costs money. That's it. There is a new SW strat game coming at some point which is made by NM. So once they require the space they'll boot this off to make way for it.

And why have two games live. Force people off this to play the new one and spend £€¥$

Lord
Major General

Post#22 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:35 am

After the first few days of crazy attacks now I camp on Tat and got no one attack for day. Fighting every battle of MTT sea in boring after a few times, and using other loadout lead to loss since everyone have max gr and p sonic.

DeathStriker

Post#23 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:52 am

MY EXPERIENCE

• My HQ 11/P just got Attacked on Er'Kit after 3 Weeks of NO ATTACKS and the Empire Commander only got 2 Stars and 68% Damage! :lol:

• My HQ 8 (Max) - yes I still have not upgraded yet - on Tatooine was Attacked nearly 5 Days ago and nothing since. The Empire Commander failed to get any Stars and only got 8% Damage! :lol:

• My HQ 8 (Mini) - yes I still have not upgraded yet - on Tatooine was Attacked 8 Hours ago. The Empire Commander failed to get any Stars and only got 7% Damage! :lol:
:arrow: AND SO... There are still Commanders Playing, but that said, the closer we get to the final Day (still over 2 months away) the less and less Commanders there will be as Players move to other Games or Interests.

:arrow: Time Left Before Star Wars Commander Ends

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Dolphin75
Commodore

Post#24 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:02 am

My experience matches DS’s. I just 3-starred a max Prestige base with my L9 base and only dropped 3 MTTs (admittedly, its base design was weak). I’ve enjoyed the past goal based format, but I also really enjoyed winning against stronger opponents. The satisfaction of winning a tough engagement will be with us to the end. I think I’ve played every day since the month the game was released. I see no reason to stop now.

Phantom7
Squadron Leader

Post#25 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:58 pm

Some mention that a new strategy game is coming. Can anyone provide information or a link to information?

The only mention I can find online of such a game is Star Wars Rise to Power from EA.

This was announced in August 2017 though. That was a long time ago - is that project dead?

DeathStriker

Post#26 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:32 am

Phantom7 wrote:Some mention that a new strategy game is coming. Can anyone provide information or a link to information?

The only mention I can find online of such a game is Star Wars Rise to Power from EA.

This was announced in August 2017 though. That was a long time ago - is that project dead?

Phantom7 - What will former SWC Commanders play come Mid-June 2020 and beyond?

:arrow: Well visit this link UPCOMING STRATEGY GAMES 2020 - A COMPLETE(ISH) GUIDE

Hope this helps you find some new gaming "adventure" to enjoy...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Return to “General Discussions”