Support Ending - Will People Still Play?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Ghostie
Major General

Re: Support Ending - Will People Still Play?

Post#11 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:40 pm

Lots of APKs out there if anyone needs a reinstall. I have several myself for backup.
Overconfidence is the most dangerous form of carelessness.

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Re: Support ending - will people still play?

Post#12 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:03 am

DeathStriker wrote:
Phantom7 wrote:I’m on iOS myself - and I’m starting to to wonder what is the point of letting us advance to Prestige level like this?

We can still battle but there is no reward.

While there may be no "reward" it is more about having "fun" trying to take down those "top players" whom you didn't dare to touch before...

With cook times very low it is easier to cook loadouts which in the past would take an hour or more to complete.

:arrow: The upcoming Player Organized Tournament - Galactic War IV - Final War is just one more way of having "fun" :D

Much to my surprise I fought a war last night with RedNine 15 prestige versus 15 Prestige and all green planets in play, and had FUN!

It was over in about 15 minutes... 45-45

BUT... the very short cooking times and unlimited amount of crystals made for a very rapid succession of attacks and deka/Rancor repairs. Besides it was great to watch that beast demolish a bunch of clustered turrets :-)
Yoy can do a war in 15-30 minutes and actually have the rest of the evening to read, talk to your family or do other things.

So... not all bad imho
Proud Officer of the CircleOf Family of squads. Many experienced and motivated longtime high-level players; regular/against OP/NO OP wars, to each his own. English spoken. Worldwide brotherhood of rebel scourges :twisted:

Gunnar
Captain

Post#13 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:52 am

Here till the end

Phantom7
Squadron Leader

Post#14 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:04 am

lukeskywalker wrote:The closing of the game, removal of the timers, the boatload of crystals, removal of the game from stores, etc. will mean a few things. The game cannot be reloaded, so if you want to continue, you need to work with the bases you have now. You can max your bases or test the limits of the mini bases. You can get all structures and units at max level, choose not to do anything there, or something in between.

The game was goal driven before. Heroic defense, conflicts, events, etc. It is now a head to head game, where all of the fun will come from attacks and defenses in whatever form you choose. It will be what you make of it, in the remaining few months. I love the new cook times. Tried all tog and twilek loadouts just for the hell of it. Testing different Kessen shots, and getting a reload in a minute, because cook times are so fast. It is actually quite fun now. Bottom line, YES, I will be on till the game ends in June. No more hurdles from the devs. Just the game at its core. This new world will bother the 100% OCD commanders, who enjoyed the endgame drivers. It will be more fun for those that hated the grind of conflicts and wanted more focus on attacks for the fun of it vs. what it would get you.

I thought a bit more about it and realised that why I was thinking the game was less fun was because I tore into the upgrades making it actual work instead of doing it gradually.

Is the gift of a million crystals for each base a once off?

With everything being so cheep now do we need to worry about losing them to an attacker?

Phantom7
Squadron Leader

Post#15 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:06 am

DeathStriker wrote:
Shelendil wrote:
Phantom7 wrote:I was not aware the app was no longer available to download. I thought the “retiring in June” meant the app would be removed from stores - so does it actually mean that the game itself will no longer be playable?

Right. The app is gone now. In June they will shut off the servers and you will no longer be able to connect.

I WANT TO MAKE THIS POINT CLEAR

• If you currently have the SWC App on your Game Device and can login to game you will be able to continue using that Account until June 12.

• If you wanted to download / install SWC to create a New Account you can not as the App has been pulled from both Itunes and Google Play.
Hope you understand better...

This post seems a touch snarky.

DeathStriker

Post#16 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:53 am

Phantom7 wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:
Shelendil wrote:Right. The app is gone now. In June they will shut off the servers and you will no longer be able to connect.

I WANT TO MAKE THIS POINT CLEAR ...

Phantom7 - It was not intended that way... just clarifying Shelendil post about "The app is gone now" which some might take to read as "current Players can no longer login".

If I offended you, I apologize...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Phantom7
Squadron Leader

Post#17 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:52 pm

DeathStriker wrote:
Phantom7 wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:I WANT TO MAKE THIS POINT CLEAR ...

Phantom7 - It was not intended that way... just clarifying Shelendil post about "The app is gone now" which some might take to read as "current Players can no longer login".

If I offended you, I apologize...

Your Post was directed at Shelendil‘s post so what I perceived to be snark would have been directed at Shelendil, d sad I I was not offended.

I see now how I woefully misinterpreted your comments so likewise I say sorry if you experienced any negative emotions because of it ;)

Phantom7
Squadron Leader

Post#18 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:53 pm

Gunnar wrote:Here till the end

Why is it ending?

Would it not be possible to leave it as a playable game for me current members?

lukeskywalker
Admiral

Post#19 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:36 pm

Phantom7 wrote:
Gunnar wrote:Here till the end

Why is it ending?

Would it not be possible to leave it as a playable game for me current members?

The problem is the game is based on PvP (player vs. player) battles that occur across the globe. A lot of the game resides on Zynga's servers to allow that to happen. Once that connection gets severed, you won't have access. The game is not playable as a standalone game on your device. That's the sad reality. A programmer might be better able to explain this.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 25+ members, and we war twice a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

ObiWanKenobi2016
Grand Admiral

Post#20 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:01 am

The game has come alive again!

With Zynga's farewell gifts of 1 million crystals each, max upgrade frags for 1 crystal and 10 second cook / upgrade times, everyone can play again, and they are.

My base is now being attacked on Tatooine within a short time of me closing the app. The game hasn't been this busy in years. This is how it used to be in the first few years.

A large part of that is that everyone now has maxed armoury skins and short cook times. This is what makes the game playable in the modern era.

I think this shows two things: firstly, the crystal costs and cook / research times were far too long. Secondly that the armoury defences were too strong. The imbalance between the haves and the have-nots positively damaged the game and gameplay.
HQ Prestige - Sons of Death & Midnight Mob

You must do what you think is right, of course.

Return to “General Discussions”