Support Ending - Will People Still Play?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Phantom7
Squadron Leader

Support Ending - Will People Still Play?

Post#1 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:20 am

Are most players going to continue playing the game even though support is ending?

I’ve been using the reduced cost and quicker upgrade time to bring my Rebel base and troops up to a Prestige level and am planning on doing the same my Empire base but it isn’t much without going into battle to earn it. And not much point either.

And it is way too much effort doing it all at once.

Is this upgrade gift a limited time thing? I was thinking of resetting the game to new and bring my base back to its previous level and then returning when the the cmfsne is back to normal - if it W ever will be.

Also what is the maximum level of the two frou-frou platforms? I got to 30 before giving up.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Title - Capitalized

Shelendil
Grand Admiral

Re: Support ending - will people still play?

Post#2 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:24 am

It would be difficult to start a new base right now, since you can't download the app.

The upgrade is the last update before the plug is pulled in June.

The maximum level for dekas is 50.
Marauders-Delta

DeathStriker

Post#3 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:43 am

Phantom7 wrote:Are most players going to continue playing the game even though support is ending?

Short Answer is YES! :D

Phantom7 wrote:Is this upgrade gift a limited time thing?

Answer is NO! It will be here until the end in June 2020.

Shelendil wrote:It would be difficult to start a new base right now, since you can't download the app.

IF you are using Android I have read that you can download the .APK File which for some seemed to work, but don't quote me on that as I use iOS and can not verify.

It has been an honor and a privilege helping the SWC Community. MTFBWYA

Phantom7
Squadron Leader

Post#4 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:46 pm

Shelendil wrote:It would be difficult to start a new base right now, since you can't download the app.

I was not aware the app was no longer available to download. I thought the “retiring in June” meant the app would be removed from stores - so does it actually mean that the game itself will no longer be playable?

Phantom7
Squadron Leader

Post#5 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:49 pm

DeathStriker wrote:
Phantom7 wrote:Are most players going to continue playing the game even though support is ending?

Short Answer is YES! :D

Phantom7 wrote:Is this upgrade gift a limited time thing?

Answer is NO! It will be here until the end in June 2020.

IF you are using Android I have read that you can download the .APK File which for some seemed to work, but don't quote me on that as I use iOS and can not verify.

I’m on iOS myself - and I’m starting to to wonder what is the point of letting us advance to Prestige level like this?

We can still battle but there is no reward.

DeathStriker

Post#6 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:57 pm

Phantom7 wrote:I’m on iOS myself - and I’m starting to to wonder what is the point of letting us advance to Prestige level like this?

While there may be no "reward" it is more about having "fun" trying to take down those "top players" whom you didn't dare to touch before...

With cook times very low it is easier to cook loadouts which in the past would take an hour or more to complete.

:arrow: The upcoming Player Organized Tournament - Galactic War IV - Final War is just one more way of having "fun" :D

Phantom7
Squadron Leader

Post#7 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:24 pm

DeathStriker wrote:
Phantom7 wrote:I’m on iOS myself - and I’m starting to to wonder what is the point of letting us advance to Prestige level like this?

While there may be no "reward" it is more about having "fun" trying to take down those "top players" whom you didn't dare to touch before...

With cook times very low it is easier to cook loadouts which in the past would take an hour or more to complete.

:arrow: The upcoming Player Organized Tournament - Galactic War IV - Final War is just one more way of having "fun" :D

Well I was enjoying Revenge on some recent attackers :D

lukeskywalker
Admiral

Re: Support Ending - Will People Still Play?

Post#8 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:09 pm

The closing of the game, removal of the timers, the boatload of crystals, removal of the game from stores, etc. will mean a few things. The game cannot be reloaded, so if you want to continue, you need to work with the bases you have now. You can max your bases or test the limits of the mini bases. You can get all structures and units at max level, choose not to do anything there, or something in between.

The game was goal driven before. Heroic defense, conflicts, events, etc. It is now a head to head game, where all of the fun will come from attacks and defenses in whatever form you choose. It will be what you make of it, in the remaining few months. I love the new cook times. Tried all tog and twilek loadouts just for the hell of it. Testing different Kessen shots, and getting a reload in a minute, because cook times are so fast. It is actually quite fun now. Bottom line, YES, I will be on till the game ends in June. No more hurdles from the devs. Just the game at its core. This new world will bother the 100% OCD commanders, who enjoyed the endgame drivers. It will be more fun for those that hated the grind of conflicts and wanted more focus on attacks for the fun of it vs. what it would get you.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

Shelendil
Grand Admiral

Post#9 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:21 pm

Phantom7 wrote:

I was not aware the app was no longer available to download. I thought the “retiring in June” meant the app would be removed from stores - so does it actually mean that the game itself will no longer be playable?

Right. The app is gone now. In June they will shut off the servers and you will no longer be able to connect.
Marauders-Delta

DeathStriker

Post#10 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:47 pm

Shelendil wrote:
Phantom7 wrote:

Right. The app is gone now. In June they will shut off the servers and you will no longer be able to connect.

I WANT TO MAKE THIS POINT CLEAR

• If you currently have the SWC App on your Game Device and can login to game you will be able to continue using that Account until June 12.

• If you wanted to download / install SWC to create a New Account you can not as the App has been pulled from both Itunes and Google Play.
Hope you understand better...

Return to “General Discussions”