This Has To Be The Ultimate Slap In The Face For Players...

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
crashalot
Storm Trooper

Re: This Has To Be The Ultimate Slap In The Face For Players...

Post#11 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:24 am

From here on I am not running any armory defense... If anyone wants to practice troop deployment for war or fun, have at it...

LordEvermoore

Post#12 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:34 am

Ehh... while I completely understand the sentiment, I for one am enjoying the mass unlock chaos. I’ve played since 2015 and the money I spent was worth it despite this current situation. I was pretty depressed that I would never get to try certain units or know what my base would’ve looked like once fully upgraded. I get that experience now and I’m having fun with it! It shouldn’t cheapen all the elite players work over the years- those moments and victories can’t be taken away by us more casual players getting 12 weeks to see what it feels like. As for wars- I’m seeing way more action and skill put to the test. Outposts all of a sudden DO mean something and are part of the strategy in a 15 prestige vs 15 prestige match. Just because someone got maxed out doesn’t make them a good player who magically knows how to use all of the units and design a proper base layout. I’ve actually won some defenses today against all lvl10 smtts spam and I’m in a war that’s so far a nail biter!

The top, well-established and seasoned players are STILL the top, well-established and seasoned players. The other players, which I would imagine are the majority and less likely to post here, are getting a nice farewell present. I personally just don’t see it as a slap in the face at all.

My goal the next 12 weeks: Try out every bizarre load out combo as possible. Try every combo of GR in HD. And constant war WITH outposts. (I don’t think there will be as many draws as people fear) And having some FUN AGAIN. (Most action I’ve seen since 2015)

lukeskywalker
Admiral

Post#13 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:24 pm

A lot of this is perspective. I'm not one that cares much if everyone maxes out, after it took me several years to do so. I enjoyed the journey, the friendships, the game play, etc. I feel I got more back than I ever gave, in terms of money and time vs. enjoyment. I have no regrets. The game is ending, so I don't really see the point of not having a majority of the players fill their bucket list in the final days. I actually appreciate that I was able to max out my U-Wings and Strix Rage Rancor. The last items I had on my swc bucket list. I see it as closure for everyone. Keep in mind, there are some players that recently got into the game. I think it's good that they can at least play through it to completion, before the doors close. That's just my opinion. I don't believe in closing the doors behind me, once I got mine, so to speak.

I do disagree that the outposts matter now. They actual don't matter now. We just had a 45-45 tie, and it did not matter who had the outposts. Takodana and Tatooine were not even in play. War was done in an hour. Just rapid fire 3 stars, with the timers so fast. Players didn't even bother taking outposts back at one point. I would have changed Takodana and Tatooine to defensive outposts, and increased the levels for all the defensive outposts. That said, there are not that many wars left to be played and that's nitpicking, so the overall change is as good as any IMO. Nothing was ever going to make everyone happy, and that's the operative word. EVERYONE. The game does not belong just to a few.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 25+ members, and we war twice a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

LordEvermoore

Post#14 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:37 pm

Well said. Especially the bit on closing the door behind oneself. I agree although I’m still on the “embrace the outposts” train in this environment. Our squad looks at the planets in play, stock our SC’s accordingly and then designate players to hold them at all cost while the others clear bases. Also, with the 1M crystals, turret swapping is instantaneous to match the occasion... which wasn’t really possible before. The idea of going to all bursts or all Sonics, etc. in seconds before the war starts is now a part of the game and overall strategy. When Tat is in play, 7 614-AvA bikes seem to do the job just fine even if the other side is using all lvl10 trains. Watched plenty of 0 uplink attempts on our bases from undoubtedly stacked to the Max new prestige players over the past 24hrs. Without the OP’s, it would’ve been 45-45.

No OP wars don’t make any sense to me if everyone is now completely equal where maxed units guarantee a victory over an armory-less base. Gotta’ use them to eke out that one defensive uplink for a 45-44 game winner. That said- I’ll admit that it makes for a much faster match. If the Dev’s could’ve made one last adjustment, I would’ve hoped for the outposts themselves actually counting as uplinks to get rid of draws... perhaps also making it to when the game is over, you can skip right ahead to starting a new war.

Oh well. I’m having fun on my final swan song.

lukeskywalker
Admiral

Post#15 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:28 pm

I probably overstated the case on outposts. There are a lot of newly maxed bases and squads, and they are impacted by outposts still. Like you said, I am having fun on my final ride.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 25+ members, and we war twice a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

RealDarth
Commander

Post#16 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:46 pm

This sucks. Would have been way better if they gave out absurd prizes for war victories. Lots of Crystal's or elite discs. Too bad...

DarthTrumpf
Commander

Post#17 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:30 pm

I'm still waiting for Boba Fett.
My favorite character from the original movies is Johhar Kessen!

Richaldo
Grand Admiral

Post#18 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:04 am

DarthTrumpf wrote:I'm still waiting for Boba Fett.

This...
Richaldo. Level 27 Prestige 168,021 medals. Completed it mate...
Leader of SITh, Level 50 - Killing rebels since 2014!

Richaldo
Grand Admiral

Post#19 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:05 am

I'm also still waiting for the 'rotate shields' function ;)
Richaldo. Level 27 Prestige 168,021 medals. Completed it mate...
Leader of SITh, Level 50 - Killing rebels since 2014!

Tamarack
Commodore

Post#20 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:31 am

Sigh. I'm done. Unlock everything? Meh. Whatever. At least I only spent a little. I can only imagine what people feel like if they spent $1000's on this.
Over on my Star Trek Game until a new SW game arrives.
Leader of Sleepoverclub because all of the other people left and I was given the default leadership!

Support me in the 2018 Extra-Life Marathon #FTK #extralife @extralife4kids

Return to “General Discussions”