STOP Zynga Closing Star Wars: Commander - Petition To Save Game

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Rebelscummer
Major General

Re: STOP Zynga Closing Star Wars: Commander - Petition To Save Game

Post#11 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:11 pm

ZYNGA doesn't give a shit about petitions, they're running a business and answer to investors now. It's a public company. They already decided, they've been keeping this game on life supports for month. Just move on, if you want to punish Zynga, ignore their games or short their stock, but shorting their stock you'd punish decent people working for them.

RoguePossum
Commodore

Post#12 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:22 pm

I signed the petition but i have to admit I don't give one willie billie rats ass about any game. Guys take your family to see the Grand canyon, take your kids fishing. Plant some roses. My point being we are here for a short period of time, enjoy life. Screw the mean assholes and keep on floating downstream. I've enjoyed SWC for 6 years but everything comes to an end. Just make DAMN sure you have a good time before it does.

Best wishes

RP
Last edited by RoguePossum on Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cashingout
Squadron Leader

Post#13 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:11 pm

I spent alotta money to get that stupid horse...Level 10..then the game ended.

Was even madder when I saw Empire figured out how to kill it in a second...all its health meant nothing.

Armory skinned to 7 and never got to use it. Nobody else in squads got that stupid horse

Therealharbinger
Major General

Post#14 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:39 am

cashingout wrote:Read all of Zynga’s SEC filings and public data. They own nothing. Their HQ was sold and now leased. All computers are leased. Hosting network is leased. Furniture is leased. Rights and Software is leased. 50% employee turnover every 24 months.

Their credit card limit was dropped from $200 million to $150 million when they sold their HQ an had no assets.

They alone use the term “bookings” to call your In App purchases, to skirt it as not income for taxes. Nobody else on Earth calls In-App purchases “bookings”.

All they have is debt and made up numbers for an accounting report of their “estimates” of revenue. Key note in their report, only 3% of users give them a penny. So stop giving it to them.

interesting reading here:
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06919947

Barely any business in the UK owns it's own real estate. You bleed money on capital gains tax plus get stuck with the upkeep. 99% of firms especially in London where that convent garden office is worth around 100+m and the Brighton one and some.
Furniture leasing is rare but outsourcing your IT hardware is not by any means.

They probably call it bookings as it's actually booked through Gplay or Appstore. When you spend £10 in there, Zynga wont receive that, given music artists bleed money into thier fees I'd image the costs for app developers is the same or more. Probably more like £7.

In short, Zynga are doomed. They have no capital or cash.

Therealharbinger
Major General

Post#15 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:00 am

I assume people read this.

https://jobs.jobvite.com/naturalmotion/ ... cafw0?nl=1

There is a new game in the pipeline....
People will cry boycott but all download it and feed the beast anyway.

DeathStriker

Post#16 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:00 am

NOTICE: Petition Has Nearly 1000 Signatures

:arrow: If you want to help click on the link found here.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

LosVega
Admiral

Post#17 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:59 am

DeathStriker wrote:NOTICE: Petition Has Nearly 1000 Signatures

:arrow: If you want to help click on the link found here.

First let me say that I'm venting my frustration.....

SWC is available worldwide but the petition is just nearing 1000 signatures. Of this forum, LINE, Discord, Facebook and whatever other social media apps players use, that's all we got? That number is minuscule compared to what we know of player population just in war squads. I hate saying it but not enough players care. It justifies the state of the game, the decision from Disney to rid themselves of it and Zynga's choice to not renew the license supposedly. Yes the game sucks since prestige came out but to some masochistic degree we still kept playing while others moved on.

I say again I hate saying this but i believe we're petitioning the wrong company. Try petitioning Supercell, EA or some other mobile gaming company to get the license from Disney and continue the game. Obviously both of those companies know something more since COC was around prior to SWC and continues to be a top ranked game. To make it financially viable, SWC would most likely have to be a pay to play game, either by pay wall to download or subscription or some other means. However all of this is a futile gesture because we only have 1000 signatures. Not worth investing in if no one cares......
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, ROYALX, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite & Duza's Finest - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

Zach
Major General

Post#18 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:15 pm

Bump

Zach
Major General

Post#19 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:29 pm

Zach wrote:STOP Zynga Closing Star Wars: Commander - Petition To Save Game

Started a petition not sure if it will do anything but lets have a go

LINK: https://www.petitions.net/stop_zynga_cl ... s_commando

Moderator Note: (link says "commando" but it is for SWC)

Repost

Therealharbinger
Major General

Post#20 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:38 am

Just noticed this. To apply for the new natrual motion job.

"You have worked on strategy games in the past"

SW Commander 2 incoming.
Spreading rumours since 2014

Return to “General Discussions”