FINAL SALUTES - I Want To Say Goodbye To Everyone

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Johnw1609
Storm Trooper

Re: FINAL SALUTES - I Want To Say Goodbye To Everyone

Post#91 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:04 pm

UnofficialOpinion wrote:I’ve never been here before, and I found it looking for an outlet for my frustration at the closure of this awesome, if not occasionally frustrating game. Wish I’d found this sooner. What a bunch of awesome posts. This is pretty much the only mobile game I’ve played. I’m trying to get my squad friends to migrate to another game like this, but is there one? We’ve started a group on Boom Beach, but it’s just not the same.

I also play Boom Beach
Our TF is the Old Guys
A group of old guys from around the world, some veterans
#YQLJR9L
I’m Boomtownprats and active everyday
Ops continuously

Maybe see you

SithVicious
Commander

Post#92 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:18 am

Hello everyone, I've been playing the game since 2015. I built up a good prestige base with mid level buffs and a mini base up to level 9.

I fought in different squads ...and something like friendships developed. We talked about tactics, strategy, but also personal things. Mostly via LINE since the In-game-chat was a pain in the ass. It was so outstanding that the game was so international, so many different people from all corners of the world. Absolutely exceptional.

I think our wives never understood why one have to log into a game at midnight to attack in a squad war, ha ha. Or why you kept checking your LINE chats ... I think many of them are happy that the game has closed. :-)

It was always this extraordinary community that kept me playing SWC until end of 2019. I didn't play and open it anymore because the game was buggy, badly programmed and a lot of things were ridiculous senseless (buffs, overpowered troops, no strategy in PvP, etc.) ...
And I never felt sad about quitting the damn game. Not a single second. I had and still have my sport, my reallife friends and above all my family.

And so I hadn't even noticed that the game was closing. By coincidence I logged in again on Wednesday, June 10th, and then saw the drama.

I rejoined my old squad... one last squad war... some last wild attackings on all planets…. And there it was again: the music, the sound, the troops, everything around what makes star wars so great ... epic ... I felt like a dry alcoholic who was given the bottle again ... hahaha :-)

It's a shame that the game now is dead. But I don't know if I could have motivated myself again seriously ... ahhh, although ... it could have been ... It would have been nicer, the game would still be there and I could decide whether to open it or not ... very selfish, but that's how I feel.

Finally, a big thank you and last greetings to a few good comrades and squads: especially to all (former) members of my main squad ImperialPhantom, especially Ghost, CaptnDeath, LPS, DarkAngel ... to all of the famous SITh, especially the crazy Richaldo, Jengo, POG, Diesel , Moonlord ... SteelcityStorm was also a great squad. With uk_underdogs I fought the first time in no OP wars. The JuiceboxHeroes were pure Rock 'n Roll ... Greetings and best wishes also to NobleDeath, DarhMcKee, SuperflyMoFo, JonDigh, BigB, Jupp ... and many many more ... And to all the rebel commanders too. We all had a lot of fun together ... ahhhhhh, it was great, wasn't it?

And of course a big Thx to Death Striker, Spock and the whole developer crew of GSOW for building up such an awesome community!!!

MTFBWY
Göran from Berlin, SWC Commander Sith Vicious

(English is not my native language, I hope you understand my thoughts)
Former proud officer @ ImperialPhantom and @ SITh
#DARKSIDE
#FreeBeerForAll

Harshit
Admiral

Post#93 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:55 pm

I don't know why, but I really miss those LIN, donkeys and those MTTs.
Empire lvl 10 HH-Resurrection (Level 50). Proud former (Holocron Horror) top 10 Windows squad.

NoComment

Post#94 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:56 pm

It was a fun game. Probably one of the better Star Wars experiences I've had recently.

thestoats
Cadet Trooper

Post#95 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:49 am

Well everyone, I’ve been a long time lurker here. This is only my second post, but I’ve had fond memories of scrolling through topics here. I was sort of disappointed in the direction Commander was going in, especially at the end, but all in all I’ve had a lot of fun with the the game. Plus, any game with rebel fleet troopers automatically wins me over! This community was really a blast to be a part of and I’m going to miss this once these forums shut down. Thanks to mkenobi, DeathStriker, Spock, even Midge, and, I know they’re not here anymore, but shoutout to PhoenixAZ1899 and RebelYell as well.

joeYT
Commander

Post#96 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:18 am

Cool
MTFBWYA
Thanks For Being Great Commanders, Keeping the Game Alive and Fun.
:( :( :(

DeathStriker

Post#97 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:10 am

FINAL SALUTES - I Want To Say Goodbye To Everyone

The day has come to finally say goodbye to the SWC Community here on this Forum.

From my time on the Playdom Forum as a Member, through my time on the Official "50 Shades of Gray" Forum as its sole Moderator, ending with my time here Moderating this Forum, I have logged in most every day, making posts / comments, in an effort to keep the SWC Community at large informed.

Since June 12, 2020, I have kept death watch here on the Forum as I help the SWC Community through the transition from Star Wars Commander to other Gaming Adventures.

It has been both my pleasure and honor to help the SWC Community over the previous 5 Years 9 Month (or more), and I want to express one last time a big thank-you for all the complements about me that was posted by several individuals earlier in this Topic (and other Topics as well), and also a big thank-you once again for the opportunity to be a part of the SWC Community and for allowing me to do my part to make it better.

:arrow: I will continue to remain this Forum Moderator as long as this Website / Forum exists, but my daily "activity" here will cease as I move on to other interests.

AND SO... I say goodbye to everyone here and wish you well in wherever life takes you in the future...

DEATH STRIKER signing off...

It has been an honor and a privilege helping the SWC Community. MTFBWYA

Harshit
Admiral

Post#98 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:46 pm

DeathStriker wrote:FINAL SALUTES - I Want To Say Goodbye To Everyone

The day has come to finally say goodbye to the SWC Community here on this Forum.

From my time on the Playdom Forum as a Member, through my time on the Official "50 Shades of Gray" Forum as its sole Moderator, ending with my time here Moderating this Forum, I have logged in most every day, making posts / comments, in an effort to keep the SWC Community at large informed.

Since June 12, 2020, I have kept death watch here on the Forum as I help the SWC Community through the transition from Star Wars Commander to other Gaming Adventures.

It has been both my pleasure and honor to help the SWC Community over the previous 5 Years 9 Month (or more), and I want to express one last time a big thank-you for all the complements about me that was posted by several individuals earlier in this Topic (and other Topics as well), and also a big thank-you once again for the opportunity to be a part of the SWC Community and for allowing me to do my part to make it better.

:arrow: I will continue to remain this Forum Moderator as long as this Website / Forum exists, but my daily "activity" here will cease as I move on to other interests.

AND SO... I say goodbye to everyone here and wish you well in wherever life takes you in the future...

DEATH STRIKER signing off...

Will really miss you, DS. :cry:
Your dedication and hardwork is what kept me attached to this forum.
Much respect and love to you. :)
Empire lvl 10 HH-Resurrection (Level 50). Proud former (Holocron Horror) top 10 Windows squad.

red5red5
Commander

Post#99 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:29 pm

May the Force be with you

itsnotwhiningiftruer
Cadet Trooper

Post#100 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:41 am

Just heard, and I forgot my account info lol

This game was a huge part of my 2017 2018, sad to see it go :(

Deathstriker, glad to see you stuck with it so long, your posts and information were always top.

The game might end, but the community diesn5 have too.. what game is everyone headed too? I’m on lords mobile lol

Return to “General Discussions”