FINAL SALUTES - I Want To Say Goodbye To Everyone

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Re: FINAL SALUTES - I Want To Say Goodbye To Everyone

Post#81 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:32 am

Two months without entering any of my 7 remaining bases. I returned just 12 hours ago to put them together in a squad, donate troops to each one, make some last useless upgrades, take the last prints of each one and buy the protection of 1 day so that no one goes there to disturb the peace of my troops or kill my droidekas.

I also made a video of the Prestige Imperial and Rebelde bases, showing troops, samples, and visiting my other bases. If it looks good, I'll edit and save it for posterity. After almost 6 years, I had to be here to watch the lights go out, as I said I would be.

It's over now. At 8:03 here in Brazil, the servers were disabled.

The whole world is going crazy right now. But I want everything to calm down soon, although nothing is the same as before, we need to have faith that changes are always for the better.

We need to enjoy life in the best possible way, but be good and just. To live a long life, have health, peace, faith and joy, always.

It was a pleasure and an honor to participate in this journey. Good luck and good fortune in your next games to all my opponents and allies, but above all to the friends I made in these almost 6 years.

May the Force Be With You.

And Fuck Disney and Fuck Zynga.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation.

Zach
Major General

Post#82 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:40 am

Been a pleasure and an honour everyone. Hope to see you in Galaxy Control 3D :-)

DarthTrumpf
Commander

Post#83 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:01 am

I've dreaded this day for so long. As a former windows player, its a sad time to go through this all over again. Over the many years (yes, been playing since the beginning), its been an awesome, yet sometimes frustrating, ride with game. But the communities around it have always kept me going. Being completely new to this type of gaming, I didnt even join a squad until a year in! Since then, we've come and gone, but this group has kept me engaged, always having fun, giving advice, arguing over OP and other things, and generally being a big family around something we all love, Star Wars. Big props to DS and others who really got us a next-level experience, from "in the know" to stats. Until the next game, May The Force Be With You, Always.

Long Live the Empire! LOL
My favorite character from the original movies is Johhar Kessen!

systemshock
Captain

Post#84 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:20 am

At the end it has a bitter-sweet taste, doesn't it? Now that it is over, you miss it, knowing that it is not coming back and you remember all the good moments. At the same time you are angry at how corporate greed and the total lack of understanding of what SW means to the fans (apart from its monetary value), ruined something good and brought it to an undeserving end.

True both of the movies and of SWC.

Anyway! It was great to be a part of this community and to play with you, guys! SWC gave me the unique chance to be a part of a great squad (Yoda's Mafia) and also to meet and play with a lot of great people through the years.

At the end I believe this is exactly what made the game so special -- the unique community that I have not seen in any other game I've played.

Good luck on your journey, stay safe and may the force be with you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeMgZPrIj3s

DeathStriker

Post#85 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:27 am

systemshock wrote: ... At the end I believe this is exactly what made the game so special -- the unique community that I have not seen in any other game I've played.

systemshock - Great Post. Loved the Video / Music ... Thanks for sharing! :D

It has been an honor and a privilege helping the SWC Community. MTFBWYA

joeYT
Commander

Post#86 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:33 am

zynga sucks.....they didn't realize the potential of SW Commander...........................

EDIT:

MTFBWY
Last edited by DeathStriker on Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Combined Back-to-Back Posts - Added "Edit"
MTFBWYA
Thanks For Being Great Commanders, Keeping the Game Alive and Fun.
:( :( :(

systemshock
Captain

Post#87 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:34 am

DeathStriker wrote:
systemshock wrote: ... At the end I believe this is exactly what made the game so special -- the unique community that I have not seen in any other game I've played.

systemshock - Great Post. Loved the Video / Music ... Thanks for sharing! :D

Thank you, DeathStriker! Like all other players here, I too want to thank you for all the work that you did over the years. Your dedication and balanced approach are truly remarkable! The game would not have been the same without you. You truly have my deepest respect! MTFBWY!

Beebop
Officer

Post#88 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:49 am

SWC 2014 - 2020

And now Zynga left us behind with this void. This feeling which never can be filled with a game that will replace SWC. Emptiness is all we have. Is it worth finding a game in the stores? And then what? It won't be the same. We still have a bunch of Youtube videos about SWC which we can enjoy but it won't be the same. Time will heal and the emptiness will fade away, in time. Farewell SWC. You gave me a lot of joy and a lot of frustration. It was quite a journey. May the Force be with you. Always forward! Forward always!

joeYT
Commander

Post#89 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:20 pm

Beebop wrote:SWC 2014 - 2020

And now Zynga left us behind with this void. This feeling which never can be filled with a game that will replace SWC. Emptiness is all we have. Is it worth finding a game in the stores? And then what? It won't be the same. We still have a bunch of Youtube videos about SWC which we can enjoy but it won't be the same. Time will heal and the emptiness will fade away, in time. Farewell SWC. You gave me a lot of joy and a lot of frustration. It was quite a journey. May the Force be with you. Always forward! Forward always!

Yes, may the force be with you always, my friend(s). always.
MTFBWYA
Thanks For Being Great Commanders, Keeping the Game Alive and Fun.
:( :( :(

Johnw1609
Storm Trooper

Post#90 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:45 am

I would just like to say another goodbye to my squad mates in Omegabrotherhood.

Enjoyed our time together.

Thank you for putting up with the English guy.

And one more thing.......

I bet I’m not the only one who has tried to open the game more than once with just a glimmer of hope.

Thanks all

Hung.

Return to “General Discussions”