FINAL SALUTES - I Want To Say Goodbye To Everyone

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Toydarian
Major General

Re: FINAL SALUTES - I Want To Say Goodbye To Everyone

Post#41 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:48 pm

DS, and @Spock, I can only add to the many worthy plaudits in this thread, to you both! You have been solid rocks, anchors, informers, inspirers, leaders, and heros for the whole SWC community, past and current. I suspect never before has such a strong community been built and nurtured around a great game. The loss of that ethos, that spirit, and, may I say, that friendship, is the biggest casualty of the Zynga decision. I wish you both the very, very best, ..... you are The Force that will keep memories alive of all our fun with the passion we share with Star Wars! May that passion never die! And, of course, MTFBWY, as our world grapples with the darkest side. God be with you, and with everyone who is, or has been, a part of our SWC journey.
Leader of Derwiderst4nd (Rebel, Squad Level 50)
Podracer repairs by appointment only

momaw
Cadet Trooper

Post#42 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:09 pm

Wow, I am saddened to see the game go. I started on Windows and played on my Amazon Kindle quite a bit. I originally played with my kids too, but when Windows went away they could not play as they did not have facebook accounts. I have been on a great squad for years and really enjoyed playing together. I will miss playing the game, however I am thankful this forum exists to capture all the fun in playing the game over the years. May the Force Be With You All.

David

LordEvermoore

Post#43 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:19 pm

I have never really posted here but I have lurked and read everyone’s comments and tips over the years. Even though I have never met any of you, I consider you all friends and will really miss this game. I’ll be playing till the end along with my squad Dankdroids. Hoping to move on together in another collaborative game... looking like Star Trek Fleet Command may be one decent spot for SWcommander refugees to join up and beat up on some trekkies as if they were rebels;) Plus, Spock has already got a great start in the username department;)

Hang in there everybody and enjoy these last couple months!

ObiWanKenobi2016
Grand Admiral

Post#44 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:50 am

Spock wrote:Let’s all make the most out of the last 3 months of this game.
There will be changes in the game along the way to enhance our time left.
As always when we learn of them, or conflicts and events, the info will be shared here.
Congrats to all those that have made it this far. It’s been a fun ride but it’s not quite over yet.
Let’s make the next 1/4 of a year more fun than ever!

I agree. It's the only logical thing to do.

I also want to thank you, my friend, for your efforts on here, but also with KSoD and then GSoW - You, and those that helped you with those sites, gave this game a life far beyond what the Devs expected.

I don't doubt for one minute it involved hours of coding, and co-ordinating the efforts. I think it was worth it. I'm definitely grateful for it. It was a huge contribution to the game.

May the Force be with you, always
HQ Prestige - Sons of Death & Midnight Mob

You must do what you think is right, of course.

DarthLazer
Commodore

Post#45 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:07 pm

One of our squad mates pointed out while other gaming communities are trying to help people get through the stay at home virus... Zynga in all their lame glory decides to pull the plug, instead of holding out until this pandemic is over, speaks mountain to how hard it really was for them to pull the plug, not all all. I want to thank DV and the entire SWC community and players for many years of great battles and awesome fun... We go down fighting.
Partner of Dark_DyNasty squad and Windows survivor.
Sister Squads, Dark_DyNasty 2 and DDII

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Force_Awareness

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#46 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:56 am

Well...
I have been here before, nearly 2 years ago, when I decided to quit due to the stress SWC put on my marriage. Two months later I came back and continued where I left off. Never as intense as before when I was the leading officer of a good squad, but still enjoying the game as a wandering sword between our various allied squads.

I was skiing last week when the Death Bell for SWC tolled. At first I even felt a bit relieved, that the suspension of the past few weeks was finally over (it was not a great surprise) and the long grind would finally come to an end. Seeing the schedule I can even now achieve my ultimate goal, a maxed P base without having paid a penny.

However, reading through the many comments here in this thread and in other threads, it actually became clear to me once again what a special place and brotherhood we have here. Something which far exceeds the limits of the game itself.

So, thank you all for being my loyal squadmates, faction mates, opponents and fellow forum members! The fun over these five years has been priceless!

My special thanks to DS as the Moderator here , to Spock and his team for setting up and maintaining GSoW, to Sabony and his team for organizing the Galactic Wars, To Papajessy for the stats/details, to the unnamed data miners and to all others who have done their utmost to make this game an unforgettable experience for me and all of us.

I shall log in till the Final Day, do a war here and there and make efforts to help any SWC survivors who come to Clash of Clans. I mirror Spocks words, let's make the best of it in the time that rests, knowing it could have been so much more...

It has been an honour and a privilege to fight and laugh with and against all of you these past 5.5 years!

Regards and may The Force keep you all, always!
Darth Bratzzz
Proud Officer of the CircleOf Family of squads. Many experienced and motivated longtime high-level players; regular/against OP/NO OP wars, to each his own. English spoken. Worldwide brotherhood of rebel scourges :twisted:

cashingout
Squadron Leader

Re: For Those Considering Quitting Due To The Insta-Upgrade

Post#47 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:31 pm

I worked hard and maxed out Frags so as a 9 Level I could smash maxed out Prestige.

Base was disassembled on Tatooine to spell out something in protest. App deleted.

Zynga left 1 comment on their Facebook of a disgruntled SWC player...all others deleted in last 24 hours

Planetbleeder
Commodore

Re: For Those Considering Quitting Due To The Insta-Upgrade

Post#48 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:52 pm

Yesterday I quit too. I would have been happy with reduced cook or upgrade times. Getting everything handed to me killed HD and Dailies and even loot. I have never wanted to be prestige so I guess I’m one of those rare players.

This update killed the fun for me. The last place to find a challenge in this game is no outpost WAR. For those squads that are active at start of war and get to 45 uplinks in less than an hour your “fun” is pretty short lived. I just can’t see myself doing that until the game shuts down. So that is why I’m quitting now.

I have said my farewells to my squad and will stay on Line to keep in touch in case another app comes along. For those friends in this forum I will miss you too and hope to one day meet you in battle in another game.

Planetbleeder, Player One,Tylanister signing off for the last time.

Euph
Admiral

Post#49 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:46 pm

I haven't posted anything of note here in a long time (or arguably ever :P ) and while I'd still been playing I was basically just in a holding pattern, so honestly the game coming to an end now feels appropriate for me. Got other things to worry about these days anyway.

Just wanted to say thanks to DS for all the work he's put into this place over the years. I was probably a dick to you more than once but in the end still respected the fairness you treated everyone with, and the effort you put in. A few words typed out on a forum seem like like an inadequate way to express the gratitude I think you deserve, but it's all I got, so. Thanks brother.

Extra shoutout to Spock and PhoenixAZ, two guys I always respected.

Peace out everyone. Don't catch the coof.

Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
The wall bug giveth, and the wall bug taketh away

Richaldo
Grand Admiral

Post#50 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:25 am

Think i'm signing off tonight... it's time.

Guys it's been a fucking blast - take care of each other and May the Force be With you!

Richaldo, over and out.
Richaldo. Level 27 Prestige 168,021 medals. Completed it mate...
Leader of SITh, Level 50 - Killing rebels since 2014!

Return to “General Discussions”