FINAL SALUTES - I Want To Say Goodbye To Everyone

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Boomerang04

Re: FINAL SALUTES - I Want To Say Goodbye To Everyone

Post#11 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:17 am

I'm really bummed bout this... havent felt like this in a long time... feels like I did when i lost friends in combat.. I've meet so many kool people thru SWC from all over the world... wives all over the world are smiling at our pain rite now.. fuck u Zynga for this...

ROCK4CE Green Squadron leader has spoken!!!

Ghostie
Major General

Post#12 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:21 am

*Thoughts*

-It really is a sad day indeed. :( WHY? To see a franchise game like this being shutdown when Farmville thrives just blows my mind. If this game was marketed and run by anyone with any sense it should be right up there with Clash of Clans ….and thriving! Really a pity! To see what Disney has done with Star Wars as a whole is even more of a pity and downright frightening.

-So much time invested that I will never get back. :(

-Feel kind of numb about it in retrospect really... I knew when communication dried up and there were no new events or conflicts the end was near.

-Like to say thanks to Ninja that taught me how to HD Loop when it was a well guarded secret....I maxed a base out and all frags in less than a year religiously doing HD loops every single day.

-Thanks to Mika Cybertron for saving me so much time in conflicts and events. I spent about a year with Mika in an old squad super cool dude with hella tricks and an absolute tech/computer wiz.

-Lots and lots of good people out there in this community.....wish you all well and MTFBWY!
Overconfidence is the most dangerous form of carelessness.

JTROX
Squadron Leader

Post#13 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:58 am

Goodbye everyone.. Deathstriker you are indeed a legend. Thank you for everything you did for all of us.
Kylo ren

StrikerRebel
Commodore

Post#14 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:59 am

DeathStriker wrote:With the Official Star Wars Commander Closure Announcement effective June 12, 2020 there will be Players leaving at a time of their choosing.

:arrow: I will be here until the end, Moderating this Forum, but am starting this Topic for others to use to post their farewell notices.

I want to thank everyone in advance for the opportunity to be a part of the SWC Community and for allowing me to do my part to make it better.

Post any comments below...

Thanks for this great forum and community, special thanks to you DS and Spock and all the others working on GSOW.net...it was a pleasure for me to play with all you guys...MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

I will be here too to the bitter end....

...and reaching my target from when I started to play that game, a maxxed out prestige base at maxxed out medal cap ;)
Last edited by StrikerRebel on Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leader of UnknownRebels

Tomato
Commodore

Post#15 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:07 am

o7

It was an honour to play with you. Cheers and thank you all for the great memories!
iOS / Android - Tomato: Officer SamuraiHunters
Windows - Tomato: Leader Order-33 (Part of the Order family) Thanks Disney :(

Richaldo
Grand Admiral

Post#16 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:45 am

Although this has been coming... actually very sad! Commited a lot of time, energy and fun into this game since 2014.... built an awesome squad, made some great mates... but yes... all must come to an end...

Thanks all for the honour and privaledge of battling with you, and ranting on this wonderful forum.

Richaldo signing out.

May the Force Be With You. Always
Richaldo. Level 27 Prestige 168,021 medals. Completed it mate...
Leader of SITh, Level 50 - Killing rebels since 2014!

4ur2
Squadron Leader

Post#17 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:12 am

thank you all for putting in the time and effort to make a great forum, my squad and i have benefited from all the great advice and tips you have all shared.sad to see it come to an end,but like in life all things must end may the force be with you ...always

Teshula
Officer

Post#18 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:10 am

I have been here for 5 years now. First place I started to recruit new members for my Squad. I still don't believe this is the end. All of my friends in "Real" life have died. This was my only place to have fun. I've notified Zynga about hopefully changing their decision to close the game. Maybe if we all email them... they COULD change their minds. Doesn't hurt to try. https://zyngasupport.helpshift.com/a/st ... commander/ and click on the "Contact Us" button. Let them know that this is NOT a good decision. Thanx to DS, Spock and EVERYONE on this Forum.

I will fight until the end.
Empire.

R.I.P. Officer Mari :(

Teshula

DarthLazer
Commodore

Post#19 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:26 am

I thought I read a new game is being released in three days, I will try to find the source again.
Partner of Dark_DyNasty squad and Windows survivor.
Sister Squads, Dark_DyNasty 2 and DDII

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Force_Awareness

AlaricSkywalker
Commodore

Post#20 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:34 am

At least the game will leave behind an indelible mark on the fandom, having brought back some classic legends units, as well as showing that some units were still in use at the time (I would've never thought the rebellion would use AATs, hailfire droids, at-aps, at-rts, and at-tes until I played it). Hopefully we'll get to see more of those units show up in future or existing games (be cool if some future battlefront maps had some of these units show up: the game already has aats and at-rts in already, be cool to see the rebel variants).

Return to “General Discussions”