IT IS OFFICIAL - STAR WARS COMMANDER IS CLOSING

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Re: IT IS OFFICIAL - STAR WARS COMMANDER IS CLOSING

Post#51 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:23 am

I don't think it's Zynga's thing, it's Disney's thing. The Disney games section, especially Star Wars games, has always been a big fucking mess, with projects and games being canceled all the time. It is impressive that SWC has lasted so long.

Zynga would not give up a game that is making a profit at such a low cost, in my opinion. Unless they are about to launch their own Star Wars game with the expectation of even greater profit, some "pay to win" game.

If it was Disney's order to close the game, there is no point writing to Zynga, but you can try.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation.

katzenkrimis
Storm Trooper

Post#52 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:54 am

Well, despite how good it is, it's pretty obvious the game is dead. I only get attacked once per week.

Yet, in a game like Sky Clash I get attacked every 30 minutes. And Sky Clash isn't even a very good game. It's average at best.

Dominations and Empires & Allies were also very good Clash clones, but they've also gone downhill in recent years. I no longer play them. They'll be dead soon, too.

The shelf life for a mobile game is short. Maybe 5 years if you're lucky.

GlockShanty
Captain

Post#53 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:43 pm

I predicted this as far back as here and the post further back that is linked in the post below. March and April 2019.

GlockShanty wrote:So in this post here I stated that I believe that Zynga have taken on SWC only to extract as much cash as possible out of the Episode IX hype and then shut the game down on, or before, the 6th anniversary of the game in August 2020.

I'd like to get this prediction out there now and say that I honestly believe that this will happen, and also poll the forum and see who else feels the same way.

It was that obvious. Zynga's double-dealing, outright lying and lack of interest were clear. The warning signs were there all along. I knew that the sixth year would be SWC's last.

I put up with a lot of snide comments, but I stuck to what I knew would happen; and I was right. :D

I've played since the very first day the game was released on iOS in August 2014. I'll be sad to see the game go, even sadder to think that I won't be able to be part of my squad any longer.

Prestige was clearly the final level in the game. I voiced that opinion when it was introduced. After all, where do you go from Prestige? Double, or Triple Prestige?

Also I want to reply to this post here;

DeathStriker wrote:
GlockShanty wrote:
Haggis wrote:2) and I looked at the zynga site. SWC is not listed on the main games page! It's there on the support page, but not on the main list. However I don't know if it ever was?

Ohhhh that's interesting, because it was. :( I just checked Zynga's site too and SWC has been removed from the front page, just as you say.

:arrow: NOTE: Star Wars Commander can be found here:

ANOTHER question answered...

You quickly closed the other thread down DS so unfortunately I can't quote you properly.

So, as to the question with regards to the closure of the game, which I correctly predicted all along, can we finally say;

ANOTHER question answered...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by DeathStriker on Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Corrected Quote for Clarity
Playing since August 2014

Cymraeg
Lieutenant

Post#54 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:49 pm

Doesn't take much to predict your an absolute idiot in real life either. Another question answered there for you glock.

cashingout
Squadron Leader

Post#55 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:21 pm

Special thanks for the CEO’s email address. He aint commenting on refunds..but you do get a response

GlockShanty
Captain

Post#56 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:23 pm

Cymraeg wrote:Doesn't take much to predict your an absolute idiot in real life either. Another question answered there for you glock.

I might be an idiot, but at least I'm a literate one.

:lol:

Gunnar
Captain

Post#57 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:26 pm

Just let’s have a blast for the next 3 months

GlockShanty
Captain

Post#58 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:40 pm

cashingout wrote:Special thanks for the CEO’s email address. He aint commenting on refunds..but you do get a response

No refunds according to them. I emailed the CEO and all I got was a reply from a Support Bot with a link that redirects to this;

Zynga wrote:
Greetings Commanders,

We have come to the decision to shut down Star Wars™: Commander on June 12, 2020. As of March 13, 2020, all in-game purchases have been suspended. Star Wars: Commander will remain playable until 11 am GMT on June 12, 2020. We will not be providing refunds, however any remaining credits will of course be available to use until June 12. We are also soon announcing in-game changes to make the rest of the time with the game extra special for our players.

Lastly, we want to say a huge thank you to all players for their continued support of this game. The community behind Star Wars: Commander has made it an extraordinary experience for everyone involved.

Star Wars: Commander Team

Link

BenGelu
Squadron Leader

Post#59 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:54 pm

i've been playing Force arena before and they closed it. Now they close SWC. Bad luck must I have :mrgreen:
REBELRESISTANCE

DeathStriker

Post#60 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:20 pm

:arrow: Time Left Before Star Wars Commander Ends

Click here.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Return to “General Discussions”