IT IS OFFICIAL - STAR WARS COMMANDER IS CLOSING

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Spock
Grand Admiral

Re: IT IS OFFICIAL - STAR WARS COMMANDER IS CLOSING

Post#31 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:53 am

Therealharbinger wrote:Wonder if they'll let us have max everything.

That’s quite possible.
Maybe rancor frags in HD’s!

Leader of the Imperial_Enclave.

Check out our YouTube channel with Over 2,000 no outpost replays being shared! The largest collection of commander replays out there. Soon to become a museum of our game.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCW4iVRbrSDJHTBZobNNy7LA

DeathStriker

Post#32 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:56 am

KEEP ON WARRING!

:arrow: See Spock's GSoW Announcement.

See ya on Sullust Battlefield! :D

It has been an honor and a privilege helping the SWC Community. MTFBWYA

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#33 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:33 am

Curious that the end of updates and content coincided with the change of CEO at Disney, a week earlier, which makes me believe that Zynga never whistled anything about SWC - they just released content that was already scheduled by Disney, the SMTTs, the frags for Cantina and the Orbak.

I don't believe that Zynga would abandon a profitable game if they were responsible for it, and they are not, it was very clear to me that. In fact I was already saying this here, that Zynga was nothing but Publisher, lending his servers or something like that to keep the game running.

With the end of SW movies in the long run, and to cut costs, Disney is no longer interested in financing the game, probably part of some restructuring in the company's gaming section with the change of command.

Star Wars games have always been problematic. It is surprising that SWC has lasted so long. If Zynga is going to release a new SW game, let's see how long it will last.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation.

DaDDor
Storm Trooper

Post#34 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:54 am

My squad is looking to stay together but unsure of a good team oriented game to switch to. Anyone have any good games that are related to working /playing together as swc is/was?

Josketer
Major General

Post#35 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:02 am

Well, it's the end.
I have been playing this game since 2016 and I have really enjoyed it and I will continue playing it until the day of the final judgment.-
Josketer, Battle for the Galaxy !
Argentos Squad ,Top Squad, Ranking Position : 110 - War victories : 275 - Won wars row : 131 Squad Position: Director
Another galaxy that we will also dominate ! 8-)
Youtube channel : Josketer

Vortimous
Storm Trooper

Post#36 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:10 am

This is so sad... I just started playing like a week or two ago, got in a great alliance, was winning wars.... Was excited last night because when I woke up this morning, my HQ would be level 5 and my gold and alloy were maxed and builders ready to build. I log into the game, see the new stuff I can build, start upgrading things, then I read the news.... I was really enjoying this one and looked forward to leveling up and helping my alliance in future wars.... too bad. I just left a game to start this one too....

Gunnar
Captain

Post#37 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:23 am

I will always remember Friday 13th now forever

DeathStriker

Post#38 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:27 am

Gunnar wrote:I will always remember Friday 13th now forever

WELL... :roll:

At least they didn't announce this on April 1, 2020 :lol:

TNT
Admiral

Post#39 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:31 am

Vortimous wrote:This is so sad... I just started playing like a week or two ago, got in a great alliance, was winning wars.... Was excited last night because when I woke up this morning, my HQ would be level 5 and my gold and alloy were maxed and builders ready to build. I log into the game, see the new stuff I can build, start upgrading things, then I read the news.... I was really enjoying this one and looked forward to leveling up and helping my alliance in future wars.... too bad. I just left a game to start this one too....

Early game SWC is so good. I'm sorry that your experience has to end this way.
I'd say, stay and enjoy the ending with us. :)
Join the OuterRimRioters.
We have spare rooms. :) Also available in trial version. We have a 100% optional discord and war regularly.

DeathStriker

Post#40 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:35 am

NOTICE: Zynga Support Website Updated

:arrow: Most of the SWC FAQ's have been Deleted and the SWC Game Closure Announcement Added.

LINK: https://zyngasupport.helpshift.com/a/st ... commander/

Return to “General Discussions”