HELP: Info On What New Game SWC Commanders Are Moving To

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
ForceMel
Major General

Re: HELP: Info On What New Game SWC Commanders Are Moving To

Post#71 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:10 pm

Several in my squad has moved to Coc. I'm also trying out Transformers Earth Wars. I like it, but haven't joined an alliance yet.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

lukeskywalker
Admiral

Post#72 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:12 pm

ForceMel wrote:Several in my squad has moved to Coc. I'm also trying out Transformers Earth Wars. I like it, but haven't joined an alliance yet.

Do the graphics get better as you level up? I tested it, but I thought the graphics are a bit clunky. I was hoping for something a bit more sophisticated given the brand.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 25+ members, and we war twice a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

DeathStriker

Post#73 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:21 pm

lukeskywalker wrote:
ForceMel wrote:Several in my squad has moved to Coc. I'm also trying out Transformers Earth Wars. I like it, but haven't joined an alliance yet.

Do the graphics get better as you level up? I tested it, but I thought the graphics are a bit clunky. I was hoping for something a bit more sophisticated given the brand.

lukeskywalker - :geek: See the CoC Wiki (Defensive Buildings) for an "example".

:arrow: Feel free to check out rest of CoC Wiki. It will answer any questions you have.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

lukeskywalker
Admiral

Post#74 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:20 pm

DeathStriker wrote:
lukeskywalker wrote:

:arrow: Feel free to check out rest of CoC Wiki. It will answer any questions you have.

DS, sorry my post was not clear. I meant the graphics in Transformers. CoC is good for what it does, but I'm just not connecting with it. Some of it is the cartoonish nature of it, but I suspect that's only just a part of it. I don't think I am going to jump into a squad in any game or form one, for now. I will probably just play various games and if something clicks, it clicks. I was hooked on swc right away, so I'm not hopeful with any of the games I have tested so far. I don't want to force myself to find a replacement either. I think it should happen naturally, otherwise it just becomes work. Given the time commitment that swc took, if I didn't enjoy it so much, it would have been just labor and not a labor of love so to speak.
lukeskywalker
Leader

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 25+ members, and we war twice a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

ForceMel
Major General

Post#75 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:08 pm

lukeskywalker wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:
lukeskywalker wrote:Do the graphics get better as you level up? I tested it, but I thought the graphics are a bit clunky. I was hoping for something a bit more sophisticated given the brand.

DS, sorry my post was not clear. I meant the graphics in Transformers. CoC is good for what it does, but I'm just not connecting with it. Some of it is the cartoonish nature of it, but I suspect that's only just a part of it. I don't think I am going to jump into a squad in any game or form one, for now. I will probably just play various games and if something clicks, it clicks. I was hooked on swc right away, so I'm not hopeful with any of the games I have tested so far. I don't want to force myself to find a replacement either. I think it should happen naturally, otherwise it just becomes work. Given the time commitment that swc took, if I didn't enjoy it so much, it would have been just labor and not a labor of love so to speak.

No, the game (Transformers Earth Wars) is pretty much what you see in the beginning. As I'm learning, it just gets bigger. I'm at the point right now that I might just give up gaming if these don't work out the way I hope. CoC is OK, but it doesn't seem to be my cup of tea. I'm having more fun with Transformers Earth Wars, but maybe it's just a mood I'm in or something, but I find myself losing patience with it.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

TNT
Admiral

Post#76 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:46 am

lukeskywalker wrote:DS, sorry my post was not clear. I meant the graphics in Transformers. CoC is good for what it does, but I'm just not connecting with it. Some of it is the cartoonish nature of it, but I suspect that's only just a part of it. I don't think I am going to jump into a squad in any game or form one, for now. I will probably just play various games and if something clicks, it clicks. I was hooked on swc right away, so I'm not hopeful with any of the games I have tested so far. I don't want to force myself to find a replacement either. I think it should happen naturally, otherwise it just becomes work. Given the time commitment that swc took, if I didn't enjoy it so much, it would have been just labor and not a labor of love so to speak.

CoC is weird in some ways. I remember when I tried it, it blew me away with how much better it was in nearly every way compared to SWC. It booted in a quarter of the time. The game looks fine, a lot less bugs general gameplay is the same.
But yet it just didn't click for me either.

If you don't mind me asking, what don't you like about the graphics in TFEW?
I'm personally smitten with the models of the transformers, some of those bots and their transformation sequences look fantastic.
I'm also fond of the transforming nature of later HQ's (HQ16+) when you start hitting them.
Everything else looks okay I guess, not particularly great or bad.
No attack or trying to convince you otherwise, just curious.

There's just no game like SWC anymore in the mire of App stores.
Join the OuterRimRioters.
We have spare rooms. :) Also available in trial version. We have a 100% optional discord and war regularly.

SpaceDandy
Commodore

Post#77 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:20 am

I won't answer for luke, but I too tried Transformers. It was the first one I tried and I gave up on it pretty quick and deleted it. When I read luke's response, I smiled because he used the word "clunky" and that was a great adjective for how I felt it was too. Some of the other RoughTeam mates are still playing it and say it gets better. Maybe I'll try it again. Anyone tried DomiNations?

Honestly, my wife and kid are kinda glad I haven't found a new game like SWC.

It's still such a damn shame... what SWC had the ability to do and chance to become... but didn't
Officer, RoughTeam, a fun, active, & competitive rebel squad

TNT
Admiral

Post#78 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:06 am

SpaceDandy wrote:I won't answer for luke, but I too tried Transformers. It was the first one I tried and I gave up on it pretty quick and deleted it. When I read luke's response, I smiled because he used the word "clunky" and that was a great adjective for how I felt it was too. Some of the other RoughTeam mates are still playing it and say it gets better. Maybe I'll try it again. Anyone tried DomiNations?

Honestly, my wife and kid are kinda glad I haven't found a new game like SWC.

It's still such a damn shame... what SWC had the ability to do and chance to become... but didn't

Maybe with Clunky you refer more to the odd scale? Cause I can see that.

Thing is that more than other games, TFEW is a tower defense game. That's why you have so few defense things, why walls are a real stopper and can be really used to guide the pathing into traps. It's a different mindset from SWC and other strategy games where you can plunk your units wherever and you have to build your base to be able to withstand attacks from every side.

My own personal peeve with TFEW is more in how it's ridiculously pay to win.
Some bots are so significantly better than others that it's those bots you'll see on every better team and in every outpost. Hope you like seeing Scourge/Swoop, Elita/Lugnut, Sentius twins, Star Saber/Deathsaurus and Cheetor/Blackarachnia, because after a point it feels like that's all you'll be seeing.
And up to a certain level, it's those bots that you literally can't even hope to stop if they come knocking.
On the other hand, wars and raids are certainly fun. :)

Anyway, I tried DomiNations some time ago. It's a fun game. It's well made, with interesting event structures and minor differences between nations to spice things up.
The absolute best thing that game introduced me to was the ability to point your guys at a target a few times during battle. What a game changer that is.
It didn't stick with me for some reason though, I'm not sure why. Maybe the same reason as CoC? :? Or maybe because I wasn't quite finished with SWC when I played it. If I didn't move to Galaxy Control I would've probably tried DomiNations again.
Join the OuterRimRioters.
We have spare rooms. :) Also available in trial version. We have a 100% optional discord and war regularly.

lukeskywalker
Admiral

Post#79 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:47 am

TNT wrote:
lukeskywalker wrote:DS, sorry my post was not clear. I meant the graphics in Transformers. CoC is good for what it does, but I'm just not connecting with it. Some of it is the cartoonish nature of it, but I suspect that's only just a part of it. I don't think I am going to jump into a squad in any game or form one, for now. I will probably just play various games and if something clicks, it clicks. I was hooked on swc right away, so I'm not hopeful with any of the games I have tested so far. I don't want to force myself to find a replacement either. I think it should happen naturally, otherwise it just becomes work. Given the time commitment that swc took, if I didn't enjoy it so much, it would have been just labor and not a labor of love so to speak.

CoC is weird in some ways. I remember when I tried it, it blew me away with how much better it was in nearly every way compared to SWC. It booted in a quarter of the time. The game looks fine, a lot less bugs general gameplay is the same.
But yet it just didn't click for me either.

If you don't mind me asking, what don't you like about the graphics in TFEW?
I'm personally smitten with the models of the transformers, some of those bots and their transformation sequences look fantastic.
I'm also fond of the transforming nature of later HQ's (HQ16+) when you start hitting them.
Everything else looks okay I guess, not particularly great or bad.
No attack or trying to convince you otherwise, just curious.

There's just no game like SWC anymore in the mire of App stores.

TFEW feels like the graphics were about 70% completed. I see the possibilities, but it just feels a bit unfinished in terms of the sharpness, detail, etc. Kind of like metal surfaced CGI in superhero and Sci-Fi movies before we got the first Transformers and Iron Man. It was good, but there was another level that the Transformers and Iron Man movies introduced that were game changers. I guess I see what I would like the TFEW graphics could be, so I'm disappointed relative to that. It's possible with more game play, that goes away. I also figure some of that might be a conscious decision due to loading speed and memory considerations of most devices that are being used. We'll see. I'm going to give these games a chance.
lukeskywalker
Leader

Josketer
Major General

Post#80 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:28 pm

I recommend that you try Battle for the Galaxy , a strategy game in some respects similar to the SWC gaming system. For example, you can place troops wherever you want on the battlefield. There are ground troops, robots, vehicles, and combat aero ships. Leveling up buildings takes time as in the SWC (hours, days, weeks). :lol:
There are leagues and events that award 300 crystals and are not complicated to perform. There are heroes too, there are only 3 but each one is very different from the other. You can team up or be part of one and fight squad wars. The teams are squads of 50 players.

Josketer, Battle for the Galaxy !
Argentos Squad ,Top Squad, Position : 97 - War victories : 240 - Won wars row : 96
Another galaxy that we will also dominate ! 8-)
Youtube channel : Josketer

Return to “General Discussions”