HELP: Info On What New Game SWC Commanders Are Moving To

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Harshit
Admiral

Re: Time to find a new game (HELP)

Post#11 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:11 am

mkenobi wrote:No more games for me, I'm getting too old for that, whether it's a new Star Wars game, or whether Disney/Zynga gives another crystal or any other compensation to restart on its new platform.

I fell into the trap once, I will not fall into the same trap twice.

But now, I will stay till the end, whenever it comes. In fact we should all try to stay till the end, there's no need to leave the game now at all.
Empire lvl 10 HH-Resurrection (Level 50). Proud former (Holocron Horror) top 10 Windows squad.

Luke81
Captain

Post#12 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:16 am

I agree. Everything is guesswork, there is nothing certain and definitive yet. The zynga has the final say, while waiting.

Mastermike
Captain

Post#13 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:37 am

Dont follow the madness mates... the rumor of “ the game ends “ have years.... wait all to have the complete and official info.... its not the first time the devs late one week or more to drop some new update... im playing this game since the begin... then wait...
MASTERMIKE.... TOP KILLER IMPS PLAYER ALL TIME.
LEADER OF REBELSRAIDERS SQUADS AND OTHERS.THE BEST WORLDWIDE BROTHERHOOD REBEL FAMILY SQUADS. THE BEST BROTHERS AND SISTERS OF THE GAME. JOIN US IF YOU ARE LIKE US. ID LINE CONTACT. mastermikeraiders

maslyna882
Officer

Post#14 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:40 am

If you guys truly are leaving, maybe try Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes? It's not a base game, it's a turn-based game where you collect teams and fight. Quite fun, but it is quite difficult to pick up now, tbh.

Tamarack
Commodore

Post#15 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:36 am

Hi All.

I thought I'd toss my two cents in here. I still log in and attempt to play this game. My prestige base is still there and I still try. My squad tries wars but just isn't into it. I was able to play the events but I only half completed them, when I use to finish them all the time.

I moved to a new game myself. Not Star Wars, but Star Trek. I joined Star Trek Fleet Command and I'm now a level 26 player. It is a base builder, raider, etc. But more of a sandbox type instead of random "find opponent type" of attack. You can choose your targets etc.

The bad part is it is run by Scopely. Who tend to do a massive pay to win vs grind. I have not spent money on it and it is possible to advance but it is slow.

Anyways. I still log in and check my base here but I've more moved over to Star Trek Fleet Command.

Tamarack
Leader of Sleepoverclub because all of the other people left and I was given the default leadership!

Support me in the 2018 Extra-Life Marathon #FTK #extralife @extralife4kids

Rebelx

Post#16 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:46 am

Is it likely that they would restart the game from the game from the beginning. Would be a shame to lose progress

katzenkrimis
Storm Trooper

Post#17 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:17 pm

On Mobile:

-If you like to line people up and take turns bashing other characters over the head, play Marvel Strike Force. It's a better version of Raid Shadow Legends.

-If you like sports, Baseball 9 is fun and challenging.

-If you want a better version of Clash Royale because you hate Supercell and love Brian Reynolds, play Big Huge Games' Arcane Showdown. The competition is stiff, the visuals are nice.

-If you like turn-based combat, zombies, and are preparing for the third Walking Dead TV series to begin next week, play Walking Dead: No Man's Land.

-If you want another Clash of Clans clone, and love getting raided every 30 minutes, play Sky Clash.

PC Master Race:

-Play Bannerlord on March 31st.

-Wait for the new Assassin's Creed or Gods & Monsters.

-Wait for the wanna-be RPG, exclusively first person shooter...Cyberpunk.

-Play PES 2020 until Bannerlord is released.

RandomUser
Lieutenant

Post#18 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:34 pm

Rise of Kingdom: Lost Crusade has good reviews and 10+ millions downloads. Not tried myself, maybe someone here can advise?

DrPain
Commodore

Post#19 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:36 pm

RandomUser wrote:Rise of Kingdom: Lost Crusade has good reviews and 10+ millions downloads. Not tried myself, maybe someone here can advise?

I've been playing it for over a year. I would say it much more PTW than SWC ever was. There are people there that have easily spent close to 1M Euros playing it. There's less skill in terms of actual combat (a whale is going to easily beat you in 1 on 1 combat), but there's a good degree in terms of strategic planning and marshalling forces.

The devs do introduces new events constantly and do communicate with the players. So, you get some indication as to what is coming up in future updates. That was a pretty big contrast to how DI and Zynga did things.

The people in general are good. I would say that often what holds these games together. I've been very lucky to be in a squad with a good group of guys. Beware though, some of the whales are super arrogant and see this game as a means to flaunt money. Something I never saw in SWC. I can't say that of any spender in SWC. You all were pretty cool. Just very passionate on whether rapids were OP haha.

Overall, I do have fun playing the game. Just giving an honest appraisal.

TNT
Admiral

Post#20 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:33 am

SleeperSim123 wrote:It's time to say goodbye to Star wars commander (if no new content is released in 2h, which is most likely scenerio at this time), I would like some people's suggestion regarding new games which I should download (hopefully similar to SWC and not Clash of clans)

Bad news, there are no games like SWC.

SWC was made by some fine developers who genuinely tried to make a good game first. This can actually still be seen when playing a no OP war.
It was also made during the period where the Mobile market wasn't the diseased cesspit it is now.
As such, any other strategy game you find now will likely feature:
- More lootboxes
- A hero collection element as the primary driving factor
- Incredibly clear pay2win elements.
- Huge experience grinds for said hero collection element
- Decidely less strategy as they follow more of the Clash of Clans template (so everyone has the same units)
- Huge grinds in general

On the bright side, any other game you find will probably feature what DrPain popints out:
DrPain wrote:I've been playing it for over a year. I would say it much more PTW than SWC ever was. There are people there that have easily spent close to 1M Euros playing it. There's less skill in terms of actual combat (a whale is going to easily beat you in 1 on 1 combat), but there's a good degree in terms of strategic planning and marshalling forces.

The devs do introduces new events constantly and do communicate with the players. So, you get some indication as to what is coming up in future updates. That was a pretty big contrast to how DI and Zynga did things.

Communicative devs and devs that at least pretend to care about the playerbase.

Tamarack wrote:The bad part is it is run by Scopely. Who tend to do a massive pay to win vs grind. I have not spent money on it and it is possible to advance but it is slow.

Anyways. I still log in and check my base here but I've more moved over to Star Trek Fleet Command.

Tamarack

I played Fleet Command briefly when it launched. After a while it started getting boring though. It's a much more relaxing experience at least.
Join the OuterRimRioters.
We have spare rooms. :) Also available in trial version. We have a 100% optional discord and war regularly.

Return to “General Discussions”