Dev bases

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
TalonKarrde
Squadron Leader

Dev bases

Post#1 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:10 pm

How do I know if I’m attacking a live base and should waste an air strike on the sc?
King of smugglers

DeathStriker

Re: Dev bases

Post#2 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:16 pm

TalonKarrde wrote:How do I know if I’m attacking a live base and should waste an air strike on the sc?

TalonKarrde - More likely than not a HQ 6+ "live" Base will have glowing Turrets, and/or Barracks, and/or Factories.

If you wait for a bit before attacking (deploying first units) you will see if Base has any Guard Reserve.

Until you get to HQ 7+ the most you may run across is Glowing Turrets (or even Glowing Resource Collectors, Walls, or even HQ).

Hope that helps...

It has been an honor and a privilege helping the SWC Community. MTFBWYA

CoolGuy
Admiral

Post#3 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:23 pm

My HQ8 has never put an airstrike on a SC. If you think you have a live base you use a minor unit to trigger the SC, then deal with what comes out.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

lukeskywalker
Admiral

Post#4 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:24 pm

CoolGuy wrote:My HQ8 has never put an airstrike on a SC. If you think you have a live base you use a minor unit to trigger the SC, then deal with what comes out.

Agree. For lower level bases, better just to trip the SC with a soldier/stormie, itho/kubaz, or bantha/dew. Whatever it takes to get into the trigger zone. Drop some type of bait to draw the troops outside the shields and walls, and kill while they are in motion. SC and gr units can't multitask (shoot and move at the same time). If not, just Kessen shot the SC. With lower level bases, a Kessen shot is fairly easy. As DS said, look for glowing barracks, factories, turrets or structures. Dev bases don't have active armories, so you should not see any gr or buffed turrets/structures if it's a dev base.

In wars, where there's a high likelihood of high level SC troops, that might be the time to snipe the SC with a starship. Of course, you will need the SC in the open or you need to clear the shield without tripping the SC.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

Return to “General Discussions”