Returning To This Game

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
maslyna882
Officer

Returning To This Game

Post#1 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:51 am

Hello!

I used to play this game on Windows phone and Win PC, so quite a while ago. IIRC, I made it to level 7 or 8 back then. Think I stopped playing when the droideka was added.

Returning to the game, I need help deciding what faction I should pick. Used to be Empire last time. What is the state of the game? Are the factions well balanced? Any insights into how both are played? I'd like to be rather competitive but have fun, as well. I also read something about mini bases, but I honestly prefer developing and raiding - it feels to me like I'm actually playing the game in a competitive manner.

I'd like arguments supporting claims for which faction to choose, not just preferences.

Thank you!
Last edited by DeathStriker on Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Title - Capitalized

ObiWanKenobi2016
Grand Admiral

Re: Returning to this game

Post#2 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:30 am

maslyna882 wrote:Hello!

I used to play this game on Windows phone and Win PC, so quite a while ago. IIRC, I made it to level 7 or 8 back then. Think I stopped playing when the droideka was added.

Returning to the game, I need help deciding what faction I should pick. Used to be Empire last time. What is the state of the game? Are the factions well balanced? Any insights into how both are played? I'd like to be rather competitive but have fun, as well. I also read something about mini bases, but I honestly prefer developing and raiding - it feels to me like I'm actually playing the game in a competitive manner.

I'd like arguments supporting claims for which faction to choose, not just preferences.

Thank you!

Firstly, Welcome back to the game.

It's still going strong after years of neglect by Disney. But over the last 18 months, Zynga have made real efforts to take it forward. It's a lot more fun now.

As for which faction, the current faction split is in the region of 60:40 in the Empire's favour. So in terms of numbers, the game needs more rebels.

What I would say is, the Empire has an easier time collecting frags for skins. The faction imbalance means the Devs have needed to add 'developer bases' to certain planets where one faction has much fewer numbers than the other. The rebels have the overwhelming majority on Erkit, and so due to the shortage of Empire bases to hit, the developers have added in 'developed bases' to fill out numbers for Rebels to attack. The Empire is in the majority everywhere else, but it is particularly dominant on Takodana, and Dandoran. So there are a lot more developer bases there.

The reason you want to hit developer bases is that they are much much easier to beat than player bases and have a LOT more resources for you to 'acquire', and it's therefore much easier to reach Ultra Chrome rewards if you are offered lots of these bases to beat. Equally when there are "EP" (Experience Point) events, like now, clearing bases helps you get through the stages in fewer attacks. Developer bases make this much much easier as well.
HQ Prestige - Sons of Death & Midnight Mob

You must do what you think is right, of course.

maslyna882
Officer

Post#3 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:49 am

Thanks for the reply. I remember I used to like empire buildings a lot more, which is the reason I went with them. I also remember the E-ATAT was the best hero back then - for empire, at least, due to how it took out the shields. Does this still hold true? Are other heroes - such as vader - worth it? How about rebel heroes?

DeathStriker

Post#4 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:58 am

maslyna882 wrote:Returning to the game, I need help deciding what faction I should pick.

maslyna882 - Welcome to the Forum! :D

To expand on what ObiWanKenobi2016 stated above the phrase "Developer Base" means a Base which does not have Squad Center Units and Armory Equipment "Activated". The only defense Developer Bases have are Turrets, Traps, Droideka Sentinel, and Droideka Oppressors.

:arrow: One MAJOR Addition was the introduction of Data Fragments which are used to Upgrade both Units and Armory Equipment.

:arrow: Another MAJOR Addition was the Armory (Unlocked at HQ 6) which allows certain Units and Structures to get Buffs in both Health and Damage. One key Armory Equipment was also the introduction of Guard Reserve which allows the "spawning" of Units like Dewbacks or Snipers on a periodic bases. These Guard Reserve Units can sometimes also be "Enhanced" by use of another piece of Armory Equipment (Skin), like Snipers being skinned to become Rodan Recon Snipers.

:arrow: Another MAJOR Addition was the introduction of SWC Events (as is currently going on) which if you are able to get the Bonus Elite Crates can help in obtaining Data Fragments for both Units and Armory Equipment. HQ 5, HQ 7, and HQ 8 all have the easiest Event Point (EP) Requirements and are strongly recommended you remain at HQ 8 or Lower and grind for Data Fragments.

:arrow: RECOMMEND VIEWING: I would visit the SWC Wiki which has all the latest Unit, Armory Equipment, Conflict, and Event Info.

:?: AS FOR WHICH FACTION... Both Factions has their Pros and Cons and while I would recommend Rebel Faction (and a great Squad as shown in my Forum Signature) the final choice is up to you.

maslyna882 wrote:Thanks for the reply. I remember I used to like empire buildings a lot more, which is the reason I went with them. I also remember the E-ATAT was the best hero back then - for empire, at least, due to how it took out the shields. Does this still hold true? Are other heroes - such as vader - worth it? How about rebel heroes?

Most Commanders now use Armory Skins to "enhance" Hero Units. For example the Rebels might use Senator Leia Organa Armory Skin (Buffs Leia Hero) while the Empire might use the AT-ACT Armory Skin (Buffs Elite AT-AT Unit). Both of these "buffed Units" spawn additional Units.

:arrow: View This Topic for some information on that Armory Equipment.

Post any additional questions below...

It has been an honor and a privilege helping the SWC Community. MTFBWYA

maslyna882
Officer

Post#5 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:12 am

DeathStriker wrote:
maslyna882 wrote:Returning to the game, I need help deciding what faction I should pick.

maslyna882 - Welcome to the Forum! :D

To expand on what ObiWanKenobi2016 stated above the phrase "Developer Base" means a "cloned Real Play Base" which does not have Squad Center Units and Armory Equipment "Activated". The only defense Developer Bases have are Turrets, Traps, Droideka Sentinel, and Droideka Oppressors.

:arrow: One MAJOR Addition was the introduction of Data Fragments which are used to Upgrade both Units and Armory Equipment.

:arrow: Another MAJOR Addition was the Armory (Unlocked at HQ 6) which allows certain Units and Structures to get Buffs in both Health and Damage. One key Armory Equipment was also the introduction of Guard Reserve which allows the "spawning" of Units like Dewbacks or Snipers on a periodic bases. These Guard Reserve Units can sometimes also be "Enhanced" by use of another piece of Armory Equipment (Skin), like Snipers being skinned to become Rodan Recon Snipers.

:arrow: Another MAJOR Addition was the introduction of SWC Events (as is currently going on) which if you are able to get the Bonus Elite Crates can help in obtaining Data Fragments for both Units and Armory Equipment. HQ 5, HQ 7, and HQ 8 all have the easiest Event Point (EP) Requirements and are strongly recommended you remain at HQ 8 or Lower and grind for Data Fragments.

:arrow: RECOMMEND VIEWING: I would visit the SWC Wiki which has all the latest Unit, Armory Equipment, Conflict, and Event Info.

:?: AS FOR WHICH FACTION... Both Factions has their Pros and Cons and while I would recommend Rebel Faction (and a great Squad as shown in my Forum Signature) the final choice is up to you.

maslyna882 wrote:Thanks for the reply. I remember I used to like empire buildings a lot more, which is the reason I went with them. I also remember the E-ATAT was the best hero back then - for empire, at least, due to how it took out the shields. Does this still hold true? Are other heroes - such as vader - worth it? How about rebel heroes?

Most Commanders now use Armory Skins to "enhance" Hero Units. For example the Rebels might use Senator Leia Organa Armory Skin (Buffs Leia Hero) while the Empire might use the AT-ACT Armory Skin (Buffs Elite AT-AT Unit). Both of these "buffed Units" spawn additional Units.

:arrow: View This Topic for some information on that Armory Equipment.

Post any additional questions below...

Thanks for the overview! Just curious what are the reasons you would recommend the rebels.

DeathStriker

Post#6 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:22 am

maslyna882 wrote:Thanks for the overview! Just curious what are the reasons you would recommend the rebels.

I recommend Rebel Faction because that is what I am most familiar with, but the Empire Faction is also good.

:arrow: In addition to choosing a Faction, I would highly recommend you join a Squad with Level 50 Perks so that you can take advantage of 0-Relocation Perks which allows you to Relocate to another Planet without having to Attack anyone.

Regardless of which Faction you decide to choose there are Players here which can help you become a Great Commander and if you download the LINE Mobile Chat App there are great SWC Community Chat Groups which will assist you in any way you need.

maslyna882
Officer

Re: Returning To This Game

Post#7 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:35 am

Thanks, I decided to go with Empire. How would I be able to find such a squad?

DeathStriker

Post#8 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:42 am

maslyna882 wrote:Thanks, I decided to go with Empire. How would I be able to find such a squad?

maslyna882 - Answer:

• Look In Game FIRST. Click on Leaders > Squads > Featured. Look for a Squad with available slots that is Level 42+ (the HIGHER the better, with Level 50 being the best). Either send Request to Join or if you meet the Medal Requirement you can simply Join.

• You can also look on the Forum here.

• If you don't find a Squad that you like, I am sure other Empire Commanders here will post an Invite.

maslyna882
Officer

Post#9 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:15 am

Got it, thanks again for all the guidance! :)

DeathStriker

Post#10 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:24 am

maslyna882 wrote:Got it, thanks again for all the guidance! :)

maslyna882 - If you have not Joined a Empire Squad yet perhaps I could suggest Giveandgettroops (Level 50 Empire Training Squad). They have 1 slot open last time I looked and are Open to All.

:arrow: You can find this Squad by clicking on Leaders > Squads > Featured > Search Tab and entering Giveandgettroops in Search Field.

:arrow: See Forum Signature of mkenobi shown at the bottom of their post found here.

Return to “General Discussions”