Star Wars Commander In-Game Chat Behavior

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DesertPyramid
Admiral

Star Wars Commander In-Game Chat Behavior

Post#1 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:48 pm

Chat Behavior

I know Chat functions tend to lag, especially during peak hours. I’ve also seen two devices side-by-side get messages almost instantly when it’s not busy. Been having to reload a few times this week to see the messages I can see on one device, but not the other. Looks like a lot of the messages got purged.

Every now and then, like tonight, I see Chat get disabled. Seems to be happen as we get close to a new client release. Are we expecting one of those soon? Did one land in the 3rd or 4th week of this event when it ran before?

Do we have any idea what’s normal for Chat anymore - or is it just a roll of the dice if it will work?
Last edited by DeathStriker on Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Title To Better Reflect Topic - Added Original Title to Main Topic Post
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10+ Perks: L38
Medals: ~70k Deka/o: 50/50 Jets: 5d/4f/4a

darthcrossfader
Squadron Leader

Re: Chat Behavior

Post#2 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:11 pm

if you get a chat disabled message, reloading the game will fix that. Likewise if you log in and see messages from hours or days before, just reload it will refresh to current status including troop requests.

DesertPyramid
Admiral

Post#3 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:03 pm

Normally, that works. The night I posted that, it lasted a few hours and I had reloaded at least a dozen times and switched devices. Kept popping in to donate or finish goals. Probably hit a maintenance window or service outage.

Given the number of other replies, I would guess there are no new hints of patches coming soon out there.

Oh well... back to the grind.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#4 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:12 am

It also depends on what platform you are on. I usually play on two devices, using Gameroom and an Android Emulator that hosts all my accounts. Generally chat works good for my Android accounts and lags a lot or don't show up in the Gameroom, including requests.

I maintain my two Prestiges accounts in Gameroom, and use them only to donate troops now, but I need to reload Gameroom two or three times to show up messages and requests. That's why I always keep an Android client open during wars to see messages or requests that don't appear to me on Gameroom.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation. Currently in "Giveandgettroops" (Level 50 Imperial Squad) and "SevenOfNine2" Level 50 Rebel Squad -- training squads, everyone is welcome!

DesertPyramid
Admiral

Re: Star Wars Commander In-Game Chat Behavior

Post#5 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:35 pm

Had another thought about this. I remembered some threads about devices putting low priority threads/activities to sleep, or being affected by power save modes using a slower or reduced clock to conserve battery. Perhaps the chat update thread is being tagged as a low priority? That could explain why we see differences in behavior and unpredictable lags. If it is an O/S feature interacting badly with the game, then the game might not have control of it.

Return to “General Discussions”