Mini Base Matchmaking

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DarthStrutter
Captain

Mini Base Matchmaking

Post#1 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:24 pm

Mini base mm

I have a mini with 5k medals. I have been attacked by players with 72k medals and 24k medals. Isn't this odd for mm or is it because I'm camping on Erkit and maybe their base score is lower than one would think it would be?
Last edited by DeathStriker on Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Title To Better Reflect Topic - Added Original Title to Main Topic Post

Boog
Grand Admiral

Re: Mini base mm

Post#2 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:01 pm

Don't camp on erkit. Go to Hoth or a green planet.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#3 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:01 am

DarthStrutter wrote:I have a mini with 5k medals. I have been attacked by players with 72k medals and 24k medals. Isn't this odd for mm or is it because I'm camping on Erkit and maybe their base score is lower than one would think it would be?

What is the level of your mini? I have a mini Imperial HQ 8 with 1,500 medals and a BS of HQ 4. I keep this base on Tatooine where I am attacked by HQ 4 with Level 2-3 troops. If I go outside Tat, I start to find mini bases like mine or higher, and they can find me.

Matchmaking on Kit is strange, and most of the time bizarre. My maxed out Rebel Prestige can find Prestige sandbaggings and HQ 8, 9 and 10 if I keep skipping too many bases. I don't hesitate in attack these bases for the 150 EP.

If you are Imperial mini, stay on Tatooine where matchmaking is a little bit more reasonable, or go to a green. I don't recommend Hoth, is a nightmare where everyone only attacks with Tauntaun/INT 4 and Cold MHC/HFDs. :lol:
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation. Currently in "Giveandgettroops" (Level 50 Imperial Squad) and "SevenOfNine2" Level 50 Rebel Squad -- training squads, everyone is welcome!

lukeskywalker
Admiral

Re: Mini Base Matchmaking

Post#4 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:24 am

DarthStrutter wrote:Mini base mm

I have a mini with 5k medals. I have been attacked by players with 72k medals and 24k medals. Isn't this odd for mm or is it because I'm camping on Erkit and maybe their base score is lower than one would think it would be?

Yes, population count and faction demographics are probably the big culprit. The current gsow stats by planet are:

Planets__________________Empire____________Rebel____________Combined_______
Tatooine_________________87,123____________52,817_____________139,940_______
Dandoran________________12,017_____________5,085______________17,102_______
Er'Kit______________________219______________210_________________429________
Yavin_____________________331_______________217_________________548________
Hoth____________________10,385_____________4,129______________14,514_______
Takodana_________________6,875_____________2,249_______________9,124_______

With only 429 players on Er'kit, you can see where any matchmaking algo would be forced to expand the search or go to dev bases. There's also revenge attacks, so you might want to check your attack log to see if you attacked them.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

DarthStrutter
Captain

Post#5 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:28 pm

mkenobi wrote:
DarthStrutter wrote:I have a mini with 5k medals. I have been attacked by players with 72k medals and 24k medals. Isn't this odd for mm or is it because I'm camping on Erkit and maybe their base score is lower than one would think it would be?

What is the level of your mini? I have a mini Imperial HQ 8 with 1,500 medals and a BS of HQ 4. I keep this base on Tatooine where I am attacked by HQ 4 with Level 2-3 troops. If I go outside Tat, I start to find mini bases like mine or higher, and they can find me.

Matchmaking on Kit is strange, and most of the time bizarre. My maxed out Rebel Prestige can find Prestige sandbaggings and HQ 8, 9 and 10 if I keep skipping too many bases. I don't hesitate in attack these bases for the 150 EP.

If you are Imperial mini, stay on Tatooine where matchmaking is a little bit more reasonable, or go to a green. I don't recommend Hoth, is a nightmare where everyone only attacks with Tauntaun/INT 4 and Cold MHC/HFDs. :lol:

Lvl 7. I do not have Hoth unlocked just for those reasons. Thank you

DarthStrutter
Captain

Post#6 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:31 pm

lukeskywalker wrote:
DarthStrutter wrote:Mini base mm

Yes, population count and faction demographics are probably the big culprit. The current gsow stats by planet are:

Planets__________________Empire____________Rebel____________Combined_______
Tatooine_________________87,123____________52,817_____________139,940_______
Dandoran________________12,017_____________5,085______________17,102_______
Er'Kit______________________219______________210_________________429________
Yavin_____________________331_______________217_________________548________
Hoth____________________10,385_____________4,129______________14,514_______
Takodana_________________6,875_____________2,249_______________9,124_______

With only 429 players on Er'kit, you can see where any matchmaking algo would be forced to expand the search or go to dev bases. There's also revenge attacks, so you might want to check your attack log to see if you attacked them.

Yep that would do it. Thanks for the info. I had not attacked them but i did get a few 30 medal revenges :D

DarthStrutter
Captain

Post#7 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:31 pm

I think there have been some changes to pvp mm as well. Last night i matched a player with 12k medals but he was a full Prestige base, i have 167k medals on my main. So it appears base score is a bigger part of mm than before. Which i think it great actually. Allows for more bases to be available to attack and might cut down on players UG to Prestige too soon.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#8 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:01 am

DarthStrutter wrote:I think there have been some changes to pvp mm as well. Last night i matched a player with 12k medals but he was a full Prestige base, i have 167k medals on my main. So it appears base score is a bigger part of mm than before. Which i think it great actually. Allows for more bases to be available to attack and might cut down on players UG to Prestige too soon.

Hi buddy, I hope you found a home after your visit to my squad.

I have two mini imperials:

Mini HQ 8 "feeder" = 1,500 medals, with 2 level 1 turrets, 1 refinery/market 1, no traps, no shields, no trade ports, everything else maxed out and BS 610 = what matches it with HQ4. It only finds Mega Loot Dev bases on all planets and Live mini bases outside of Tatooine.

Mini HQ 8 = 30k medals, with 2 turrets level 1, 5 refineries/markets level 6, no traps, no trade ports, everything else maxed out, including 3 shields and walls, and BS 735 = what should match it with HQ 5-6, but due to 30k medals, it finds Live bases from full HQ 7 to Prestige sandbaggings, and Mega Loot Dev bases on green planets, where the Rebel population is small.

As you run a mini with only 2 level 1 turrets and no traps, you can continue to collect medals and drive matchmaking crazy. Once you build a few extra turrets, even at level 1, they push you into matchmaking of stronger rivals.

I had a mini Rebel HQ 9. At some point I built 4 turrets and went with 6 towers level 1, even without traps, when the Prestige was released, it started to find only full Prestige Live bases. Dump medals to 25k didn't help at all. I dropped that base in limbo. I believe that these 6 Level 1 turretss ruined my mini experience with this base.

Or maybe at HQ 9, as you are closer to the max level, matchmaking throws you in the range of prestige bases, more if you were HQ 8. I will keep my imperial minis at HQ 8 for safety.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation. Currently in "Giveandgettroops" (Level 50 Imperial Squad) and "SevenOfNine2" Level 50 Rebel Squad -- training squads, everyone is welcome!

Josketer
Major General

Post#9 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:51 am

With my base I can find level 6 bases on some planets like Hoth and the green planets . In tatooine and erkit it is difficult for me to find them, although in erkit sometimes ... I can also find them,but only in some weird ocassions.
Josketer, Leader from Argentina-501st
HQ : Prestige Level ---Rank : 22--- Medals :Affected by the MedalGate.I lost 90K medals for a **** bug !! :x
Youtube channel : Josketer
Argentina-501st - Imperial forces - Perks L 50

Return to “General Discussions”