Help Me Decide - Mini or Max HQ Level 4 Base

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Youssef
Cadet Trooper

Help Me Decide - Mini or Max HQ Level 4 Base

Post#1 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:24 am

Help

Would you guys recommend for me to go mini or max as a hq lvl 4?
Last edited by DeathStriker on Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Title To Better Reflect Topic - Added Original Title to Main Topic Post

DeathStriker

Re: Help Me Decide - Mini or Max HQ Level 4 Base

Post#2 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:43 am

Youssef wrote:Help

Youssef - Welcome to the Forum! :D

I would go for a Max Level 4 Base but if you haven't done so already I would avoid building any more Turrets and/or Traps.

:arrow: GOING FORWARD... I would limit my Building Upgrades to current Level of HQ but avoid upgrading any Shields and/or Turrets and/or Traps, or building any new Turrets, or Traps. In addition, with Resources very plentiful there is little need to upgrade Resource Collectors, only need to upgrade Resource Vaults, Depots.

Keeping your Medals and Base Score low helps improve your PvP Matchmaking.

Post any other Questions you have below.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

TKTB51
Admiral

Post#3 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:50 am

concur that credit markets and alloy refineries are a waste of time/energy/droid activity.

storage (vaults, depots) are worth investing in so you can upgrade things. But don't try to generate resources yourself - it's far easier to do "viking raids" and get them from other players and/or "developer bases" - non-player bases - than to generate them yourself.

enjoy the game and remember, it's a game, there will be things you don't like - we all have a long list of things we don't like - but overall, it's effing STAR WARS, so enjoy
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#4 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:13 pm

I was having this discussion with the newbies in our Empire Squad. I told them about Base Score and Medals, and how they impact matchmaking. The First thing you need to teach for someone starting in the game is this. Once they know what they will face if they:

upgrade/max out their bases
collect too many medals

they will be able to deal with the matchmaking, controlling their base score and number of medals to control the level of their rivals and have a good time playing the game.

The second thing is if they want to focus on PvP or Squad War:

If you want to play Wars in a competitive squad you will need a strong/maxed out base to survive war attacks, and be selected for wars, or you will be kicked out as soon as they notice you are HQ 6 with Level 1 turrets, or HQ 10 with Level 5 turrets.

I also have a mini base HQ 8 and a mini-mini base HQ 8 in my Empire Squad and I put both in wars, as they have a base score of a HQ 5 and HQ 4, they help to reduce our base score and we are matched with weak/noob squads most of the time.

But if you want to play only PvP, and you don't want someone telling you to upgrade your squad center, turrets and shields every day, build a mini base and don't join a squad, or look for a squad that accepts mini/sandbaggings and also does squad wars with their minis.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation.

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#5 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:59 am

...or just upgrade everything, invest part of 5 years of your life and learn the very hard way to become a veteran maxed player, lol!
Proud Officer of the CircleOf Family of squads. Many experienced and motivated longtime high-level players; regular/against OP/NO OP wars, to each his own. English spoken. Worldwide brotherhood of rebel scourges :twisted:

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#6 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:22 am

L4 is a bit too young for trying to exploit system for any advantage.
The focus should be on learning the units (both troops and turrets). Just learn the unit AI, how to deploy properly, how to screen for units, where to place turrets, which turrets are good against which troops, ...

When you get to L7-8, then you can start paying attention to these things.

lukeskywalker
Admiral

Post#7 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:47 pm

You need to start as early as level 1, if you plan on going the extreme mini base route. Medals also greatly impact matchmaking, and the higher the base score, the more sensitive your base will be to medal count changes. Mini bases limit structures, turrets, and traps that are not essential. At least not essential from a PvP perspective. Wars will depend on the squad makeup and preferences. The mini base will depend on squad center troops, guard reserve, buffed walls, armory edges, and the matchmaking advantage to cover for the lack of turrets and traps.

Turrets and Traps are at the heart of the mini base decisions, which start as early as level 1, and by level 3 you will already be hitting the top end threshold for turrets and traps. Structure/Turret ranges for mini bases:

Total (Min/Max)
Turrets ............ 0-4
Traps .............. 0-4

At every HQ level, you gain the option of adding 2 more turrets. In an extreme mini base, you don't add any turrets and forgo turrets at even level 1. More practical mini bases will add 2 turrets at level 1 and max out turrets at level 2 with 4 total turrets. Mini bases don't usually add more than 2-4 traps at most. Most will wait till they hit level 8 to add 2 traps, then possibly 2 LAAT traps at level 9. I have seen 6 total turrets work, but the base becomes very sensitive to medal count gains and you will see higher level bases at level 8 and above. Recommend you wait until your medal count and skills level off at level 8, before making the decision to add a possible 5th and 6th turret, if you decide to go the mini base route.

Just from a perspective standpoint, base scores will go from 100 at level 1 to 3300 points at Prestige (rounded). Of that total, turrets make up 1,650 or 52%+ of the total base score. Traps add 492 or 15.7% of the total. That's why mini bases limit turrets and traps. Taken to the extreme, if you did not add any turrets and traps, your base score would be 991 at Prestige (assuming no Deka's). A maxed out level 5 has a base score north of 990, so you can see how big turrets and traps are in the mini base decision. From a practical standpoint, I rarely see more than a level or two difference in matchmaking, even with mini bases. I have not pushed medal count down to the min though, so that could be a reflection of medal count. There's also the practical limits, where you need resources to upgrade units, and you can't get that attacking a level 4 opponent if you are at level 8 or higher. Any more than a one or two level matchmaking differential would be self defeating.

Some people will hold off building credit markets, alloy refineries, and Contraband Trade Ports, since it's better to loot other bases for resources. My general feeling is that at 66 points max for the credit market and alloy refinery, and 27 for the trade ports, it's probably a wash at best. They are additional walls in effect and the base score impact is minimal.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 25+ members, and we war twice a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

lukeskywalker
Admiral

Post#8 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:14 pm

Youssef wrote:Help

Youssef,

Extreme mini requires a decision as early as level 1. The mini or max decision depends on what you want from the game. If you tend to play games for a month or two and move on, you may as well max out the base. If you are hooked on the game and can see yourself playing for years like some of us, then the mini and max decision comes into play. The mini allows you to play at a slower pace, since base score impacts matchmaking at the early stages. Medal count tends to take a bigger portion of the matchmaking formula as your medal counts reach 15K to 40K and higher. A mini also allows you to attack 30 or more times a day, with much less of a time commitment, if you plan on competing in conflicts and events.

If you plan to play the game a long time, and at a casual pace, go with a mini. If you play with a max base, you won't be able to compete at level 8 and higher, since the die-hard players are attacking in excess of 30 times a day minimum and accumulating frags at an extreme pace. Their armory levels and access to high level units, will put you at a huge disadvantage if you play a maxed base. Those die-hard players also have secondary bases they keep as mini's to accumulate frags through conflicts and events. They know how to play the game within the game.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 25+ members, and we war twice a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

syncpan77
Admiral

Post#9 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:03 am

It really doesn't matter as your matchmaking wont' change. It won't even help you win more defenses if you go full or stay min either cause if you keep a stocked SC you'll always win on defense too. Personally I think a mini should only go to lv6 and stay there and soak in all the armory frags possible before moving up to lv7/8. Once there you can then take your base full P or whatever you want but at least you'll have a huge supply of frags to upgrade all the necessary units and skins to be able to compete against the big boys.
OFFICER in "DARKDONATIONS"
LINE ID: syncpan77-MOSTLY A RESTRICTED NO OP WAR SQUAD
Top 15 on GSOW in UCL, always looking for new members

Return to “General Discussions”