EVENT: Questionable Cargo #3 (Rogue One Event #5) - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Garf
Squadron Leader

Re: EVENT: Questionable Cargo #3 (Rogue One Event #5) - Discussion Topic

Post#121 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:50 pm

DesertPyramid wrote:Reminded me of a movie. Might have come up once before... I think DS remembers it.

“Would you like to play a game?”

Followed sometime later by, “Sometimes the best move is not to play.”

This is from War Games. 1983 or thereabouts.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#122 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:59 am

Garf wrote:
DesertPyramid wrote:Reminded me of a movie. Might have come up once before... I think DS remembers it.

“Would you like to play a game?”

Followed sometime later by, “Sometimes the best move is not to play.”

This is from War Games. 1983 or thereabouts.

One of the films of my youth, I watched in theaters in 1983! I'm getting really old... :lol:

"Strange game. The only winning move is not to play."

It called W.O.P.R. aka "Joshua", but I think there was a remake a few years ago. Here to remember: https://movie-sounds.org/joshua-wopr :D

And this frag system is a scam, Devs will say that it is random. Random my ass. It always gives frags for units that are further away from upgrade/max out, and prevents you from receiving frags for units that are closer to upgrade/max out, and worse in events that give you more frags for the worst units until you max out them and start receiving the units you really want.

The first Rogue One events were more generous about Fang/Strikers frags in the Crates. I have both at Level 6 for my two Prestige for over a year and my Rebel Prestige has frags to upgrade Fang to Level 7, and I barely played this last two RO Events with these bases.

My Imperial HQ 8 needed open 5 Crates to get the 4 frags to upgrade Strikers to Level 4, and Rebel HQ 7 upgraded Fang to Level 4 with the 15 frags in the Event Crate. My Rebel HQ 8 opened so far 5 Crates and guess? Got ZERO frags for Fangs, not interested in upgrade to Level 5, but i need 13 frags if I change my mind. And my Rebel HQ 8 has only 4 possible rewards in the Crates: Leia, TX, Gigoran and Fangs! :evil:
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation. Currently in "Giveandgettroops" (Level 50 Imperial Squad) and "SevenOfNine2" Level 50 Rebel Squad -- training squads, everyone is welcome!

DeathStriker

Post#123 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:50 am

CONFLICT UCL STATS - Week #2 - Update:

ULTRA CHROME LEVELS (UCL)
    ==================
    PLANET - GEARS - % - TIME
    ==================
    Tat - 17,074 - 1.89% - 1d 9h
    Yav - 47,524 - 2.00% - 1d 7h
    Tak - 37,872 - 2.13% - 1d 15h
    ==================
    **GSoW Estimated Stats used due to no current Player Update.

PLEASE NOTE:

1. This data comes from the UCL LINE Chat created by rRr that is contributed to by members voluntarily.
    2. In that chat group, people post the threshold of UCL to within the range 1.8 - 2.2% and the amount of time left in the conflict.
    3. This is just a look at the most recent UCL Stats as of this Forum Posting and is subject to change.
    4. Use the above Info for decision making purposes.

GSoW CONFLICT TRACKER: Click here for Real Time (current) Conflict Stats. **Only Active During Conflicts**

Post any comments below...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

DeathStriker

Post#124 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:51 am

MY EVENT STATUS - Week #2 - Update:

Here is where I stand as of this Morning:

1. HQ 11 - {Not Participating This Week}.
  2. HQ 8 (Max) - Completed Elite Event Crate 13/27 **
  3. HQ 8 (Mini) - Completed Elite Event Crate 13/27 **

** Theoretical Maximum for the Account specified - given the time remaining.
And the Elite Crate Chase Continues... :lol:

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#125 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:22 am

And the indisputable proof that the algorithm that scans your frags is stupid, or uses in bad faith or is crazy is the fact that when you are close to max out any unit during Events, the Crates will give less frags for that unit. in order to prolong the process and force the player to continue grinding if he is only grinding for that unit.

Several times with several of my bases, when I am just a few frags from max out any unit, I start receiving less frags for them, usually 3 to 5 frags per reward, right? But the game starts to give 1 frag per reward! And so until you can max out the unit. :evil:
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation. Currently in "Giveandgettroops" (Level 50 Imperial Squad) and "SevenOfNine2" Level 50 Rebel Squad -- training squads, everyone is welcome!

Dolphin75
Commodore

Post#126 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:29 pm

I’ve been playing the game since the beginning, and I have several degrees in various forms of statistical analysis, and I have never seen any evidence of biased results (I assume some of the comments above were tongue-in-cheek). The Fang Fighter award in the current event’s EP crate is a great example. For players with none of the EP units maxed, two of five draws will have no Fangs, and three of five draws have a 1 in 14 chance of Fang fragments. That means, with some simple math, that there is only a one in five (20%) chance of getting Fang frags from an EP crate. No one should be surprised (aggravated maybe, but not surprised) when “Lady Luck” deals a poor hand, and five or more crates go by without Fang fragments. It’s not personal!

Therealharbinger
Commodore

Post#127 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:35 pm

These crates are just a bit shit.
6 of the slots are for 2 units. 3 for each TX and sec droid.
Also I have the tie striker unlocked and at level 2 during the launch event alone, I missed every other tie striker so they must have been more generous then.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#128 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:24 pm

They were too generous. Once you get it to level four, you're done, but there are close to 1000 frags left to max it out. I have 200-300 striker frags on both of my accounts that I'd cash in for 5 xtals.

DeathStriker

Post#129 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:53 am

CONFLICT UCL STATS - Week #2 - Final Update:

:arrow: With 2 hours to go in the Conflicts... Good Luck to all those Conflict Grinders out there...

:arrow: NOTICE: Event ends TOMORROW - 22 Hours AFTER Conflicts end.

ULTRA CHROME LEVELS (UCL)
    ==================
    PLANET - GEARS - % - TIME
    ==================
    Tat - 19,695 - 1.85% - 16h
    Yav - 57,563 - 1.88% - 13h 27m
    Tak - 48,546 - 1.96% - 12h 45m
    ==================
    **GSoW Estimated Stats used due to no current Player Update.

PLEASE NOTE:

1. This data comes from the UCL LINE Chat created by rRr that is contributed to by members voluntarily.
    2. In that chat group, people post the threshold of UCL to within the range 1.8 - 2.2% and the amount of time left in the conflict.
    3. This is just a look at the most recent UCL Stats as of this Forum Posting and is subject to change.
    4. Use the above Info for decision making purposes.

GSoW CONFLICT TRACKER: Click here for Real Time (current) Conflict Stats. **Only Active During Conflicts**

Post any comments below...

DeathStriker

Post#130 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:54 am

MY EVENT STATUS - Week #2 - Update:

Here is where I stand as of this Morning:

1. HQ 11 - {Not Participating This Week}.
  2. HQ 8 (Max) - Completed Elite Event Crate 19/27 **
  3. HQ 8 (Mini) - Completed Elite Event Crate 19/27 **

** Theoretical Maximum for the Account specified - given the time remaining.
And the Elite Crate Chase Continues... :lol:

Return to “General Discussions”