Idea: Donate credits, ore, contraband to squad members.

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Booshidi
Lieutenant

Idea: Donate credits, ore, contraband to squad members.

Post#1 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:04 pm

One of the most difficult things with this game is getting new squad members and not being able to help beyond troop donations. I have a squad that frequently sees lvl 1-4 members join, but there is no way to ‘boost’ them beyond the occasional troop donation. I think if zynga added the ability to donate resources to squad members, we’d have a livelier community.

Thoughts?

CoolGuy
Admiral

Re: Idea: Donate credits, ore, contraband to squad members.

Post#2 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:37 pm

Sorry not a new idea, been discussed many times, will never happen as Zynga has no interest in improving the game.
Last edited by CoolGuy on Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

lukeskywalker
Admiral

Post#3 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:50 pm

Booshidi wrote:One of the most difficult things with this game is getting new squad members and not being able to help beyond troop donations. I have a squad that frequently sees lvl 1-4 members join, but there is no way to ‘boost’ them beyond the occasional troop donation. I think if zynga added the ability to donate resources to squad members, we’d have a livelier community.

Thoughts?

I don't think it will help those players. Donating alloy and credits assumes that upgrading the base is a priority. It's not. There's a reason why base upgrades should happen slowly and naturally as a player gets experience and collects frags. Rushing upgrades through "funding" by other squad members only puts that player in an upside down matchmaking situation. Higher base score, harder matchups, troops still not fully upgraded and armory levels not upgraded. The research center is the bottleneck for troop upgrades. I don't believe it's credits. Better to prioritize troop upgrades with credits, collect frags, attack as needed to gain playing experience. Experiment with units, and don't worry about face plants. A natural way to learn the AI, and an organic way of keeping medal count down. Work on objectives, learn the AI on those attacks too, and don't worry about losing there either. Another natural way of slowing down medal gains. Besides, level 4 seems to be the only problem level in terms of resources.

Upgrading troops and armory skins/equipment are priority number one. Developing skills are number 2 or even 1a. Slowing down medal count gains early in your swc learning curve period would be priority 3, although that may not be a popular opinion. Base upgrades are fairly low on the priority list. Focus on walls at the early levels. It's useless to get to level 8 if you don't have jet skins and gr unlocked as an example. Like having a great looking car with no engine.

The base upgrades will happen faster than you know it. Probably faster than it should, relative to a players learning curve. Donating resources would cause more problems than good. From Zynga's standpoint, they would also prefer players play and earn credits and alloy, since rushing can drive crystal purchases. Another reason to slow it down. There's no need to rush. It's like rushing someone's training. You end up with someone who can't do the job, with big gaps in knowledge. The best thing you can "donate" to your squad members are tips, replays, etc.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 25+ members, and we war twice a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

TKTB51
Admiral

Post#4 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:10 pm

I've thought about both sides of this argument, and agree that it would help some players, but probably only really once they're up and running - say lvl 5 or 6 or 7 - when they need resources and don't have the time to spend to harvest them.

Though the dev bases mostly fulfill that role in the game.

Getting "ahead of your skis" - having a higher level base than the troops you've researched to run it with - is only going to be a source of frustration to those you're attempting to help. That's why it's not a great idea below about level 5 - it takes very little time & resources to upgrade those buildings as it is, that donations from squad members aren't really going to help you rush that process. And if you do, you're probably not doing the research you needed to.
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

Lord
Major General

Post#5 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:14 pm

Booshidi wrote:One of the most difficult things with this game is getting new squad members and not being able to help beyond troop donations. I have a squad that frequently sees lvl 1-4 members join, but there is no way to ‘boost’ them beyond the occasional troop donation. I think if zynga added the ability to donate resources to squad members, we’d have a livelier community.

Thoughts?

Crystals donation may be helpful but resource… Who still short of resource?
But if they really make it possible to donate crystals then it will indeed attrack enormous new members when there is a wallet fighter in the squard willing to donate.

lukeskywalker
Admiral

Post#6 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:45 pm

LOL, a wallet warrior willing to donate crystals to squad members would definitely lead to a livelier community or at least a lively squad. The only other item that might help is donating contraband, but I have mixed feelings on that one. Contraband is scarce at lower levels, however it limits the usage of MTT's and other mercs for those players, which might be a good thing. I have a level 7 test base, but it can't use MTT's all the time. It takes a while to build up 10K in contraband and that means only periodic usage of the MTT's in PvP. It's not in a squad, so wars don't matter. Upgrading the MTT was a mistake in hindsight, but not a big deal. I didn't want a huge advantage for that base anyway.
lukeskywalker
Leader

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 25+ members, and we war twice a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

Chaotic999
Major General

Post#7 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:33 pm

Discussed this in the early days, when loot was very hard to find. Now you can fill vaults in 3 attacks so why donate loot? Makes no sense. Donate crystals better idea?
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ Disney owe me 78727 medals and Zynga no help either
#Medalgate victim support helpline 999-999-999-mouse

Booshidi
Lieutenant

Post#8 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:30 pm

I find a lot of our new members are short on credits/ore to build/upgrade buildings; it’s not race leveling a HQ. As a lvl 9 base, I am constantly pinging max resources. Having the option to donate those resources to squad members that are struggling would be kind of nice. For regularly active players, resources aren’t a problem, but for semi-active players they are.

Especially when it comes to contraband.

lukeskywalker
Admiral

Post#9 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:23 pm

Booshidi wrote:I find a lot of our new members are short on credits/ore to build/upgrade buildings; it’s not race leveling a HQ. As a lvl 9 base, I am constantly pinging max resources. Having the option to donate those resources to squad members that are struggling would be kind of nice. For regularly active players, resources aren’t a problem, but for semi-active players they are.

Especially when it comes to contraband.

But the point is that resources used to build/upgrade buildings are not the reason players are struggling. It's that they don't understand you need to upgrade troops and collect frags at a faster pace than adding turrets, traps, and other structures. This game is about the armory relative to your base score. Adding to your base score faster than you can upgrade your armory skins and equipment is the sure way to struggle more. Focus on collecting frags, upgrading units, skins, and armory equipment, and let the rest go at it's natural pace and you will win. The research center is the bottleneck and it controls your success. The red flag is when someone is crying about resources. They think it's because they need to fortify their base. It's really because they are putting the cart before the horse. Thinking you need more resources is the red flag. Like a bank loaning more money to a business owner who has a business model that is bleeding money. More money doesn't solve the problem. It just delays the inevitable.

My level 4-7 test bases never need resources. In fact, I only generally have one droid working at most or idle. My level 7 is parked at level 7 and is just upgrading units and collecting frags. It can already take down level 9's because it has the MTT's upgraded to level 6 and most skins at level 4-7. There's no need to add anything or upgrade anything, except in the research center. I understand not everyone wants to play that way, and then they end up struggling at level 8 or 9 and quit. They can't figure out why they hit a brick wall, and donating credits and alloy only helps them hit that wall faster.
lukeskywalker
Leader

TKTB51
Admiral

Post#10 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:04 pm

and I foolishly bought crystals to be able to get all the way up to 5 droids.

and now they sit, doing nothing but litter patrol and on occasion spend time fixing up the dekas.

any more than 3 droids is a waste of money.
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

Return to “General Discussions”