0% attacks

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
CoolGuy
Admiral

Re: 0% attacks

Post#11 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:25 pm

Yes, you are going to see a lot of 0% attacks from my junior base during the Rancor conflict. Seriously who wants to grind from samples that you never use?
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

ForceMel
Major General

Post#12 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:49 pm

TwoEyedNic wrote:IMO it is a sad practice when a high level needs to deliberately lose so to get matched with a much lower level. Why go high level in the first place if you can't fight on your own level? I feel the same about hunting dev bases. PvD?

Though I don't do it myself, judging from your signature, you are a high level player with a low number of medals. 28k for a prestige level player is quite low. You are seeing a lot of easy bases in your game. Those with actual high medals, 120k or more are seeing an entirely different set of bases in their matchmaking. Those bases are much more difficult than what you are seeing.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#13 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:33 pm

Many players forget or do not know that the factors that raise the level of rivals are base score (mainly upgrade/max turrets and traps) and high number of medals. Put both factors together in your base and you're screwed no matter what level you are.

I admire players who maximize their bases until the last possible upgrade and reach the medal cap and stay there because they now survive the hell of SWC.

I find it sad to see HQ 11 players dropping medals, because there is no one above them, perhaps better equipped (armory) and organized (base layout), and in theory they should earn at least one star for most of their attacks.

The point is 1-star victory doesn't get you anywhere in conflicts, 3-star dictatorial policy has dominated the game for a long time, as is the difference between having or not having high level equipments.

Removing or drastically reducing the impact of medals from the matchmaking formula, and creating a new Event and Conflict scoring system can help reduce the despair of medal dumping and the relentless pursuit of dev bases.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation. Currently in "Giveandgettroops" (Level 50 Imperial Squad) and "SevenOfNine2" Level 50 Rebel Squad -- training squads, everyone is welcome!

CoolGuy
Admiral

Post#14 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:32 pm

mkenobi wrote:Many players forget or do not know that the factors that raise the level of rivals are base score (mainly upgrade/max turrets and traps) and high number of medals. Put both factors together in your base and you're screwed no matter what level you are.

I admire players who maximize their bases until the last possible upgrade and reach the medal cap and stay there because they now survive the hell of SWC.

I find it sad to see HQ 11 players dropping medals, because there is no one above them, perhaps better equipped (armory) and organized (base layout), and in theory they should earn at least one star for most of their attacks.

The point is 1-star victory doesn't get you anywhere in conflicts, 3-star dictatorial policy has dominated the game for a long time, as is the difference between having or not having high level equipments.

Removing or drastically reducing the impact of medals from the matchmaking formula, and creating a new Event and Conflict scoring system can help reduce the despair of medal dumping and the relentless pursuit of dev bases.

As a HQ Level 11/Prestige I was tired of being well within the top 20 in terms of attacks completed during conflicts, but being ranked about 200. And this was due to the low level of conflict points I was receiving from each attack. Dumping medals to below 150k made a drastic change and therefore required less grinding to achieve UC levels. So high medal achievers are punished for being good, which caused me to change my mind totally about medal dumping.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

TKTB51
Admiral

Post#15 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:22 pm

but to dump, I'll need to spend time "playing to lose", which ... I don't have enough time to spend 200 hours dumping from 53k to something more "reasonable".

to each, his/her/their own.
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#16 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:53 pm

All you have to do is dump medals while you're cooking your next loadout. It gives you something to do while you wait (you have to hop planets if you're doing a conflict, though). You can lose 5-10 attacks per win easily that way.

TKTB51
Admiral

Post#17 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:05 pm

I know, but ... dumping a few hundred medals per attack - say 300 - and I need to dump say 30,000, that's 100 failed attacks. That takes time.

I know you do it by dropping your bigger deka and immediately cancelling, so that it doesn't cost you anything - no resources, no troops. But it still takes time.
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

DesertPyramid
Admiral

Post#18 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:01 pm

Check which troops you’re using. As strawman3214 pointed out for me - there were two troops that did more damage than the ones I was using and spawned more troops to help as well... making that change has resulted in more wins and faster collection of EP without dumping medals. I went from 62K medals up to almost 66K in a few days now... and still going. It does result in lower conflict points because I’m moving up tiers,,, so dumping may still become required.
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10+ Perks: L38
Medals: ~66k Deka/o: 50/50 Jets: 5d/4f/4a

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#19 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:08 am

I dumped medals when my two main bases were HQ 8 because I always liked to upgrade everything to my bases (my big mistake, especially when maximizing traps and turrets), so the solution was to dump medals at the end of some conflict to prevent of being matched with HQ 10 all the time.

"Ah, you're an HQ 8 who drops medals for easy rivals," I read here. Yes, and it helped me survive matchmaking until I reached the Prestige maxed out. My two Prestige no longer drop medals because they can find Dev bases and weak rivals to advance in Events, which is the only thing I still play in PvP.

But for my current Rebel HQ 8 (maxed out) and Rebel HQ 9 (maxed out) dump medals is mandatory. Keep 3k medals already gives HQ 8 rivals HQ 9 and above. And even dropping medals from 35k to 25k for HQ 9 I still find the same Prestige monsters all the time.

I use Events to drop medals while reloading (I use dekas), but attacking with 5 bases, sometimes 6 bases, doesn't even give me time to open Inventory Crates, let alone waste time on failed attacks just for that.

I'm going to use these two weeks of Rancors conflicts to end these 25k medals and see if I can find HQ 9 again. I also plan to dump medals for my Imperial HQ 8 which has 29k medals now.

And be ready because I like to do the "Dekas duel" when I find an all alone deka/deko in an empty space, or train Kessen sniping SC. Or anything else. If I am going to give you medals, at least let me have some fun with your base. :D
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation. Currently in "Giveandgettroops" (Level 50 Imperial Squad) and "SevenOfNine2" Level 50 Rebel Squad -- training squads, everyone is welcome!

MachineHead
Commodore

Post#20 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:34 am

mkenobi wrote:And be ready because I like to do the "Dekas duel" when I find an all alone deka/deko in an empty space, or train Kessen sniping SC. Or anything else. If I am going to give you medals, at least let me have some fun with your base. :D

i feel same! It was also fun to do all the vehicle deploy fights in Event...is such impressing how a complete loadout of security droids kill high Level opressors...
mySquad: closed
myAccounts: MachineHead(11), Bulldozer(10), NineInchNails(9), Ministry(9), lol(6)

Return to “General Discussions”