0% attacks

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Zxen

0% attacks

Post#1 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:36 am

Why am I attacked so often by players who achieve 0%? It seems weird but it happens all the time. One fighter. 0%

DeathStriker

Re: 0% attacks

Post#2 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:20 am

Zxen wrote:Why am I attacked so often by players who achieve 0%? It seems weird but it happens all the time. One fighter. 0%

Zxen - What you are seeing are "Medal Dumpers" whom are purposely losing an Attack in order to Lose Medals so as to help improve their PvP Matchmaking.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

MachineHead
Commodore

Post#3 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:26 am

It´s normal after Event week and conflict break...
mySquad: closed
myAccounts: MachineHead(11), Bulldozer(10), NineInchNails(9), Ministry(9), lol(6)

XitLiteNtrNite
Major General

Post#4 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:41 am

DeathStriker wrote:
Zxen wrote:Why am I attacked so often by players who achieve 0%? It seems weird but it happens all the time. One fighter. 0%

Zxen - What you are seeing are "Medal Dumpers" whom are purposely losing an Attack in order to Lose Medals so as to help improve their PvP Matchmaking.

Or players dumpining troops from their offensive SC so they can reload with different ones for a squad war attack. I wish Zynga would let us remove the SC troops like you can other troops in your transports.
In game name: Paper Tiger
Officer in: ThatsNoMoon
Line ID: paper-tiger
Discord: Paper Tiger#6882

MachineHead
Commodore

Post#5 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:50 am

XitLiteNtrNite wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:

Or players dumpining troops from their offensive SC so they can reload with different ones for a squad war attack. I wish Zynga would let us remove the SC troops like you can other troops in your transports.

But the removing off troops from transporter was also not from begin, right? they have changed a lot in this days where the introduce the prestige Level i think...also barrack design with the possible to pick up troops from stock directly in barracks and factories...
mySquad: closed
myAccounts: MachineHead(11), Bulldozer(10), NineInchNails(9), Ministry(9), lol(6)

TKTB51
Admiral

Post#6 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:43 am

I want the ability to build samples from my barracks, factories, and, in particular, star ship command.

Why are the only samples from drops/crates? I can build tie fighters, but I can't stockpile more than about 8 of them? But I can "save" an unlimited number from crates?
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

TwoEyedNic
Commander

Post#7 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:36 am

IMO it is a sad practice when a high level needs to deliberately lose so to get matched with a much lower level. Why go high level in the first place if you can't fight on your own level? I feel the same about hunting dev bases. PvD?
Two Eyed Nic - Level 7 (max) w/ 10k medals- Rebel
Terrible Two - Level 11 (barely) w/ 28k medals - Imperial

lukeskywalker
Admiral

Post#8 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:50 pm

Yes, it's medal dumping and squad center resetting as the others have said. I would also add objectives. We can remove unwanted troops on build/train objectives now, but the deploy objectives still require an attack. Most see no reason to play out a deploy bantha or med objective for example, since it's just a waste of time. Train/build them, then dump them all on a base and objective is done in a few rounds in a short amount of time.

In terms of medal dumping and dev bases, you need to deal with the realities. I believe matchmaking based on adjusted base score has some practical logic behind it. There are HQ transition periods, where troop upgrades lag, and there are skill differentials that are baked into medal counts. I believe it was meant to create some type of adjustment for "fair" play, but of course there are reasons why it doesn't work. The same reason matchmaking based on purely HQ or player rank, etc. won't fully work either.

I would say about a third of the player population or less, can deal with mid-level gr and sc troops. You can see it in squads you visit and in wars. I venture to say less than 10% or maybe even 5% can deal with high level gr and sc troops. You create a game that only makes it fun for 5% to 10% of the player population, just be careful for what you wish for. Then add CNFO's if you eliminate dev bases, and where does the game go from there? Add the money factor to the equation, since the game needs to be profitable to continue, and I have yet to see a workable solution to the issues mentioned.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

LORDPUMPSALOT
Commodore

Post#9 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:26 am

I am not sure about anyone else but the only reason I dump medals is because, in my world, when my medals are capped during a conflict, the 1000+ conflict point bases disappear. The highest points I can get are 740. When I am cranking on a conflict, the difference is quite large.
For example, If I am medal capped, it takes me +-75 attacks to get 50k points. If my medals are a couple thousand below capped, it only takes me between 45 and 50 attacks to get the 50k.
Summing it up, if I am working 3 planets, that is 75 attacks I don't have to make and that is HUGE. That's literally a 4th uc for me if I really wanna crank it on down.
DON'T HATE THA PLAYA, FIX THA BASE... :o :o :o :o :oops: :oops: :oops: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

LEADER OF TheCloneWarrior SQUAD. If you are a SOLID level 10+ daily player, stop on by...THE WATER IS NICE.

TKTB51
Admiral

Post#10 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:28 am

I "dump medals" when I'm going for gold frags ...

if it says "destroy 20 credit markets", I'll just drop a few stormies near a few credit markets, get 4 or 5 or 6, then quit and go to the next "victim".

and lose the fight and lose medals. Which ... I have 52k, I don't care.
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

Return to “General Discussions”