Conflict : Krayt Dragons & Rancors?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
User avatar
lukeskywalker
Admiral
Posts: 677

Re: Conflict : Krayt Dragons & Rancors?

Post#11 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:34 pm

strawman3125 wrote:I might grind that one to get Rage Rancors for my accounts that do not have it but otherwise an uninteresting conflict.


The Strix Rage Rancor has been a definite bonus in PvP and war attacks. Looking forward to getting that unit upgraded.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50


User avatar
CoolGuy
Admiral
Posts: 898

Re: Conflict : Krayt Dragons & Rancors?

Post#12 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:57 pm

My HQ8 will not be grinding for samples, might bring the Prestige out of retirement. It would be nice if there was an event running concurrently.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn


strawman3125
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1033

Re: Conflict : Krayt Dragons & Rancors?

Post#13 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:06 pm

lukeskywalker wrote:
strawman3125 wrote:I might grind that one to get Rage Rancors for my accounts that do not have it but otherwise an uninteresting conflict.


The Strix Rage Rancor has been a definite bonus in PvP and war attacks. Looking forward to getting that unit upgraded.


I rarely use them... They are almost always dead in the morning due to being attacked overnight (they are useless on defence). If I am grinding for more than an hour at a time I can start using them to pick off that last building in the corner, but then again I could just reserve a trooper to do that... They are good at triggering SCs, but other units can do that. If I am playing an event, by the time I login 2 hours later to do the next objective they are dead again due to being attacked. They are just like the dekas, always dead when you log on and always repairing/recapturing, unless you want to spend crystals to start using them.

Net result: They are good to recover from a sloppy attack, but only when actually available, which is almost never.

If Rancors could damage jumps and had some sort of resistance to sonics, they would be useful. They would also be better if you could set them to NOT be used in defense!!!


User avatar
lukeskywalker
Admiral
Posts: 677

Re: Conflict : Krayt Dragons & Rancors?

Post#14 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:58 pm

strawman3125 wrote:
lukeskywalker wrote:
strawman3125 wrote:I might grind that one to get Rage Rancors for my accounts that do not have it but otherwise an uninteresting conflict.


The Strix Rage Rancor has been a definite bonus in PvP and war attacks. Looking forward to getting that unit upgraded.


I rarely use them... They are almost always dead in the morning due to being attacked overnight (they are useless on defence). If I am grinding for more than an hour at a time I can start using them to pick off that last building in the corner, but then again I could just reserve a trooper to do that... They are good at triggering SCs, but other units can do that. If I am playing an event, by the time I login 2 hours later to do the next objective they are dead again due to being attacked. They are just like the dekas, always dead when you log on and always repairing/recapturing, unless you want to spend crystals to start using them.

Net result: They are good to recover from a sloppy attack, but only when actually available, which is almost never.

If Rancors could damage jumps and had some sort of resistance to sonics, they would be useful. They would also be better if you could set them to NOT be used in defense!!!


I have not been attacked in weeks, so they are always available for attacks. The Strix Rage can clear quite a few buildings on an attack, so I'm having fun with that option. Saves me some units, so I can reduce the turnaround time on attacks.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50


ForceMel
Major General
Posts: 391

Re: Conflict : Krayt Dragons & Rancors?

Post#15 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:49 pm

They need to change the amount of frags it takes to upgrade this thing. There is no way these units are even close to the frag cost.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.


User avatar
LordWader
Commodore
Posts: 232

Re: Conflict : Krayt Dragons & Rancors?

Post#16 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:57 pm

ForceMel wrote:They need to change the amount of frags it takes to upgrade this thing. There is no way these units are even close to the frag cost.


Exactly! Either reduce the frag cost, or boost the health / damage to make the current frag upgrade requirements seem more reasonable


User avatar
TKTB51
Admiral
Posts: 581

Re: Conflict : Krayt Dragons & Rancors?

Post#17 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:15 pm

and there are too many variants, so you need to accumulate frags and the pool is/can be diluted by the different options.

I mean, let's have one rancor type and perhaps also the Krayt.
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)


User avatar
LordWader
Commodore
Posts: 232

Re: Conflict : Krayt Dragons & Rancors?

Post#18 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:05 pm

Would also be fun to have a Rathtar creature! A big ball of destruction rolling around the battlefield. Perhaps its tentacles could even attack jumps / jets


DarthBratzzznew
Admiral
Posts: 772

Re: Conflict : Krayt Dragons & Rancors?

Post#19 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:00 am

If these frags are going to be available I shall be going for unlock of teh Rager/Giant.

Currently I have the Shadow and Krayt unlocked; almost always use the Shadow as it attacks buildings and does not run for any enemy troops. Great for diverting concentrated sonic beams from my main forces but otherwise pretty lame. from what I have seen the Rager is much more useful
Proud Officer of the CircleOf Family of squads. Many experienced and motivated longtime high-level players; regular/against OP/NO OP wars, to each his own. English spoken. Worldwide brotherhood of rebel scourges :twisted:


Lord
Major General
Posts: 406

Re: Conflict : Krayt Dragons & Rancors?

Post#20 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:08 am

strawman3125 wrote:
lukeskywalker wrote:
strawman3125 wrote:I might grind that one to get Rage Rancors for my accounts that do not have it but otherwise an uninteresting conflict.


The Strix Rage Rancor has been a definite bonus in PvP and war attacks. Looking forward to getting that unit upgraded.


I rarely use them... They are almost always dead in the morning due to being attacked overnight (they are useless on defence). If I am grinding for more than an hour at a time I can start using them to pick off that last building in the corner, but then again I could just reserve a trooper to do that... They are good at triggering SCs, but other units can do that. If I am playing an event, by the time I login 2 hours later to do the next objective they are dead again due to being attacked. They are just like the dekas, always dead when you log on and always repairing/recapturing, unless you want to spend crystals to start using them.

Net result: They are good to recover from a sloppy attack, but only when actually available, which is almost never.

If Rancors could damage jumps and had some sort of resistance to sonics, they would be useful. They would also be better if you could set them to NOT be used in defense!!!

The good thing is Rancor doesn't require droid to repair.


Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DotNetDotCom.org [Bot], Yandex [Bot] and 34 guests