What's Next For SWC

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
strawman3125
Grand Admiral

Re: What's Next For SWC

Post#11 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:06 am

Harshit wrote:
strawman3125 wrote:They can always add new HQ levels and there are tons of units and skins from the movies that could be added. If they want to continue with the game they could easily do it!

But please do make them a cashgrabs like when prestige came out. If they do they should make the prestige troops being able to train in lvl 10 barrracks and come out as prestige also. It just doesn't make sense to me at all. That was pure to force players to spend crystals on upgrading all buildings.

Also make the one-tap collection available to all players not just prestige, that's very stupid. One tap collection should have been in the game a long ago.

I really can't believe that every new unit was not more powerful than the last. That way everyone would want to spend money to get the new unit unlocked and leveled; every new unit released would be instant money for them! They took a different route where almost every new unit was more useless than the last and instead of everyone wanting to spend more on them, almost no one was. It's almost like the devs want the game to fail...

As far as new HQ levels, they priced the Prestige upgrade so high that few were willing to pay... And the power increase was probably the lowest of any level. The HQ10 upgrade added a solid 10% to most units and Prestige was somewhere around 2-4% with a some that were less, most notably the turrets. I can't see offering less for a higher price as good for the game... If you are going to add something make it worthwhile.

I'm pretty sure that if they added a second cantina at a crystal cost to unlock, people should pay. There are lots of ways for this game to generate revenue, while adding value to the players.

DarthStrutter
Captain

Post#12 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:47 am

Harshit wrote:
strawman3125 wrote:They can always add new HQ levels and there are tons of units and skins from the movies that could be added. If they want to continue with the game they could easily do it!

But please do make them a cashgrabs like when prestige came out. If they do they should make the prestige troops being able to train in lvl 10 barrracks and come out as prestige also. It just doesn't make sense to me at all. That was pure to force players to spend crystals on upgrading all buildings.

Also make the one-tap collection available to all players not just prestige, that's very stupid. One tap collection should have been in the game a long ago.

I haven't spent more than 100 crystals to finish any Prestige building or turret. I've let it ride out for the most part so I'm still UG. Last alloy dept finishes tomorrow then on to my last 2 credit vaults then traps then refineries and markets and I'm done. Who knows what's next? You would think Zynga would let this ride out for a while to regain their investment and make whatever cash they're going for. Weak new units and weak crate offers I'm sure have slowed the crystal purchases down. I know i don't buy as many crystals as i used to because there's no need. No grinding for loot because dev bases have it all. Have to use full air when attacking pvp so that doesn't happen very often. I've sent this to Zynga as well, they need to cut down on Armory, kill the loot on the dev bases so it reopens pvp. That's what will make this game fun again and maybe bring back so older players. All this GR is a pain, lol

TKTB51
Admiral

Post#13 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:18 am

re: the power increase for P level ... some of the heroes (Vader, Royal Guard) got a pretty good boost from their level 10 stats, but ... most other stuff didn't.
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

GlockShanty
Captain

Post#14 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:34 pm

I think the Orbak was Zynga's good intentioned, but badly implemented, attempt to do something about the overpowered Guard Reserve and Armory buffs ruining the game. (which they have IMHO)

Zynga couldn't remove GR from the game because of the backlash, so instead (in THEIR minds, looking at it from their perspective) they kill four birds with one stone; players get new content, players get Rise of Skywalker-linked content, players get a new unit that targets GR barracks etc to redress the OP GR imbalance, and finally Zynga can get some rather stupid players paying big money to unlock that new content.

However in reality the Orbak is pretty useless and the response to it here has been underwhelming.

I've stopped all PvP grinding and removing dev bases won't make me start attacking Prestige bases filled with a ton of glowing turrets and crap plus full GR for a measly amount of loot. There is literally no point in dumping a full air wing plus SC troops only to gain minor loot and hardly any medals, which are worthless anyway at this stage in the game's slow demise. Plus, a crushing, demoralising defeat at the hands of OP GR is more likely than a devastating win. Then you have to request SC troops again and wait a good two and a half hours to rebuild air.

It isn't fun, it's just frustrating. I don't think there is a solution and I don't think they care; they are letting the game wind down and the problem is too big to tackle, and not worth their time or money.

After 5 years with a nearly all-Prestige base I'll just stop buying crystals and stick to playing squad wars only. I really enjoy squad wars, they are fun and the camaraderie in my squad during them is great. That's the only thing keeping me playing right now.
Playing since August 2014

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#15 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:53 pm

Too early to tell.

TKTB51
Admiral

Post#16 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:04 pm

the future will bring more ponies

CoolGuy
Admiral

Post#17 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:34 am

GlockShanty wrote:After 5 years with a nearly all-Prestige base I'll just stop buying crystals and stick to playing squad wars only. I really enjoy squad wars, they are fun and the camaraderie in my squad during them is great. That's the only thing keeping me playing right now.

I gave up on my Prestige base many months ago, and now it is used only for SWs and as a donation cow. However, I rediscovered my interest in the game by playing with a sandbagged and medal dumped level 8 HQ. If I keep my medals below 20k I can 100% most bases, easily get conflict UCs, and fly through events with about 3 days of bonus crates.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

DesertPyramid
Admiral

Post#18 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:03 pm

The next thing for SWC is probably to fade out and cue the ghost effect for the characters. While there is plenty of content that could be added, the limiting factors are the capabilities of the devices and the User Interface.

Would you really want to scroll right through another 40 units in the HQ inventory and armory buffs? You thought lag was bad before? It could only get worse. That’s the UI limit.

The device limit is the cpu and battery power required to calculate all the AI pathing, damage changes, and combat rules checking... combined with event timers and various (and sometimes aggressive) battery saving features of devices making units freeze/take too long to move... that’s the device limit. You could add more, but you start forcing hardware updates and excluding large chunks of the player base who would pay for the game.

It seems like a clean slate is on the way. Maybe a Mandalorian parallel game timed with the release of season 2... who knows what they have in mind?

In any case, it’s been fun to get this far.
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10+ Perks: L38
Medals: ~70k Deka/o: 50/50 Jets: 5d/4f/4a

TKTB51
Admiral

Post#19 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:32 pm

how about a super battery draining augmented reality game where you ARE the hero on the battlefield, attacking the other player's base?

One attack, one battery charge fully depleted, reload and repeat.

and only 10,000 crystals to turn it on and use it. Oops, it crashed, sorry, your crystals are gone, here, I'll give you a 20% off coupon to buy some more.

lukeskywalker
Admiral

Post#20 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:19 pm

It wouldn't shock me if swc used some hybrid of the CoC Gold Pass concept. It gave them a spike in revenue. Not sure how the players felt about it though.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

Return to “General Discussions”