What's Next For SWC

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DarthLazer
Commodore

What's Next For SWC

Post#1 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:37 am

Anyone know for certain, now that the movie has been released and it seems the game has been pushed to it's limits?

My guess is a future end date. Or is there something beyond prestige and these units who's story-line have just come to an end.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Title - Capitalized
Partner of Dark_DyNasty squad and Windows survivor.
Sister Squads, Dark_DyNasty 2 and DDII

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Force_Awareness

DeathStriker

Re: What's next for SWC

Post#2 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:42 am

DarthLazer wrote:Anyone know for certain, now that the movie has been released and it seems the game has been pushed to it's limits?

My guess is a future end date. Or is there something beyond prestige and these units who's story-line have just come to an end.

DarthLazer - No one knows for sure the future of SWC and for now we can expect Zynga to continue to maintain game.

That said, Zynga will eventually release their own Star Wars Game at which point it is anyones guess as to what happens to SWC.

:arrow: AND SO... die hard Players continue the grind in SWC... but for how much longer... whom knows...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

TKTB51
Admiral

Re: What's Next For SWC

Post#3 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:15 am

I grind because ... I like grindy things.

(former City of Heroes player, former Star Wars Galaxies player)
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

strawman3125
Grand Admiral

Post#4 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:07 am

They can always add new HQ levels and there are tons of units and skins from the movies that could be added. If they want to continue with the game they could easily do it!

Tamarack
Commodore

Post#5 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:22 am

I'm participating in this Event, but not hard core. Just enough to continue upgrading my last prestige buildings and getting the skin to "collect". I found that I have moved on to other base building games. I like SWC but no longer a hardcore player. :( Tis the circle of gaming.
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! :)
Leader of Sleepoverclub because all of the other people left and I was given the default leadership!

Support me in the 2018 Extra-Life Marathon #FTK #extralife @extralife4kids

DarthLazer
Commodore

Post#6 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:25 pm

Tamarack wrote:I'm participating in this Event, but not hard core. Just enough to continue upgrading my last prestige buildings and getting the skin to "collect". I found that I have moved on to other base building games. I like SWC but no longer a hardcore player. :( Tis the circle of gaming.
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! :)

I have been the same since the months of downtime just awhile ago. Zynga dried it up pretty bad with lame conflicts and events. Now the desire is gone and I use to grind a lot!!!!
Partner of Dark_DyNasty squad and Windows survivor.
Sister Squads, Dark_DyNasty 2 and DDII

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Force_Awareness

GlockShanty
Commander

Post#7 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:50 pm

I've had no desire to grind for the new horse or the horsey-related buff. I tried out the samples and wasn't impressed, so I've concentrated on squad wars instead, which is far, far more fun and rewarding, thanks to me being in a fantastic squad of great guys.

Again, my personal prediction, I'm going to predict that SWC will shut down in August 2020, for the 6th anniversary of the game. That'll tie it off nicely and roundly.

There'll be one final, compulsory storyline, which will result in the player's base being destroyed and Saponza dying.

Until then, repetitive events and grinds for old units to squeeze pennies out of us. We've had our Rise of Skywalker new content.

August 2020. Mark it in your calendars.
Playing since August 2014

TKTB51
Admiral

Post#8 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:33 pm

LET THEM EAT PORG
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

Ghostie
Major General

Post#9 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:13 pm

I sold my account anticipating the end. I gave the purchaser 2 months of due diligence and he decided to pass....so I'm here for the long haul....LETS RIDE THIS BITCH OUT! WHATTA YA SAY?
Overconfidence is the most dangerous form of carelessness.

Harshit
Admiral

Post#10 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:42 am

strawman3125 wrote:They can always add new HQ levels and there are tons of units and skins from the movies that could be added. If they want to continue with the game they could easily do it!

But please do make them a cashgrabs like when prestige came out. If they do they should make the prestige troops being able to train in lvl 10 barrracks and come out as prestige also. It just doesn't make sense to me at all. That was pure to force players to spend crystals on upgrading all buildings.

Also make the one-tap collection available to all players not just prestige, that's very stupid. One tap collection should have been in the game a long ago.
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

Return to “General Discussions”