EVENT: Rise of Skywalker - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DeathStriker

Re: EVENT: Rise of Skywalker - Discussion Topic

Post#281 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:00 am

MY EVENT STATUS - Week #4 (Final Week) - Final Report:

1. HQ 11

• Total ELITE CRATES Opened: 26
    • Elite Unit - Mercenary - Orbak Marauder
      (Start Level 10, 69/220 Frags towards Max Prestige Level Upgrade)

• Total Frags Received: 151
      • Events: Max Prestige Level Upgrade :D :D
    • Elite Armory Equipment - Mercenary - Elite Orbak Marauder
      (Start Level 6, 68/100 Frags towards Level 7 Upgrade)

• Total Frags Received: 302 (Includes 16 from Objective + 32 from Main Objective + 32 UCL Crate)
      • Events: Level 7 and Level 8 Upgrades, 140/180 Frags towards Level 9 Upgrade :D
  2. HQ 8 (Max)

• Total ELITE CRATES Opened: 27
    • Elite Unit - Infantry - Iakaru Warrior
      (Start Level 8, 21/32 Frags towards Level 9 Upgrade)

• Total Frags Received: 46
      • Events: Level 9 and Level 10 Upgrades Available, 3/32 Frags towards Max Prestige Level :D
      (Start Level 10 Available, 3/220 Frags towards Max Prestige Level Upgrade)

• Total Frags Received: 180
      • Events: No Upgrade, 183/220 Frags towards Max Prestige Level Upgrade
      (Start Level 6, 44/100 Frags towards Level 7 Upgrade)

• Total Frags Received: 312 (Includes 16 from Objective + 32 from Main Objective + 32 UCL Crate + 24 Obsidian Crate)
      • Events: Level 7 and Level 8 Upgrades, 126/180 Frags towards Level 9 Upgrade :D
  3. HQ 8 (Mini)

• Total ELITE CRATES Opened: 27
    • Elite Unit - Infantry - Iakaru Warrior
      (Start Level 6, 2/32 Frags towards Level 7 Upgrade)

• Total Frags Received: 23
      • Events: No Upgrade, 25/32 Frags towards Level 7 Upgrade
    • Elite Unit - Infantry - Demolition Droid
      (Start Level 10 Upgrade Available, 204/220 Frags towards Max Prestige Level Upgrade)

• Total Frags Received: 16
      • Events: Max Prestige Level Upgrade Available :D :D
      (Start Level 9 Available, 46/160 Frags towards Level 10 Upgrade)

• Total Frags Received: 147
      • Events: Level 10 Upgrade Available, 33/220 Frags towards Max Prestige Level Upgrade :D
    • Elite Armory Equipment - Hero - Senator Leia Organa
      (Start Level 8, 46/180 Frags towards Level 9 Upgrade)

• Total Frags Received: 46
      • Events: No Upgrade, 92/180 Frags towards Level 9 Upgrade
    • Elite Armory Equipment - Infantry - Tauntaun Rider
      Start Level 6, 98/100 Frags towards Level 7 Upgrade)

• Total Frags Received: 57
      • Events: Level 7 Upgrade, 55/130 Frags towards Level 8 Upgrade :D
      (Start Level 5, 64/70 Frags towards Level 6 Upgrade)

• Total Frags Received: 227 (Includes 16 from Objective + 32 from Main Objective + 32 UCL Crate + 24 Obsidian Crate)
      • Events: Level 6 and Level 7 Upgrades, 69/130 Frags towards Level 8 Upgrade :D
AND NOW... On to Rancor Unleashed Conflicts...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Dolphin75
Commodore

Post#282 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:32 am

I really enjoyed this month-long event, even if I never use the Orbak Marauder much. My L9 Rebel base got the Orbak to L9 and the skin to L7 (almost made L8), and upgraded many other units that I use routinely. Hauled in lots of crystals, too. I even got the Orbak to L4 and the skin to L5 on my senior, maxed Prestige base (Just for fun, I know that base will never use it in Prestige-level attacks).

Now I have a couple weeks to experiment with the Orbak at L9. I’ll pass on any useful observations.

Therealharbinger
Commodore

Post#283 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:39 am

I am so happy this event is over. No more demo mechs! For a while anyway.

strawman3125
Grand Admiral

Post#284 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:55 am

Overall I was disappointed with this event...

Some negatives:
- the vehicle dump in the first week > this is THE WORST objective in the game I hope that we never see it again!
- too many frags for useless units in the bonus crates > demo droids, orbak, elite orbak
> the other frags were great for bases that do not have them but for players that have those frags maxed out, there was nothing of value in this event...
- no event specific frags or samples in event objective crates!!! Come on how much effort would it take to add the Events headline unit frags and samples to the event objective crates; other events do this!
- the new unit sucks!
- the new skin sucks!

Some positives:
- the overall event structure and EP requirements, number of frags draws, etc. for weeks 2-4, were pretty good, probably the best from all of the events!

My primary Prestige account got the Orbak to Level 10 and the skin to level 8, my HQ10s got 9/8 and my two other accounts got them to 8/7.

My HQ7 is finding the Orbak to be good, but it has difficulty getting enough contraband to use it regularly.

My HQ10s and Prestige find it to be completely useless! Maybe at Prestige level, which gets a 20% boost in power over level 10, it might be better, but you cannot hire Prestige level Orbaks in a level 10 Cantina... The Orbak is not needed vs dev bases and in PvP, while grinding Events or Conflicts, I will only get one unit from the Cantina for each attack and a single level 10 SMTT is better than a single level 10 Orbak with skin... maybe if you are taking the time to cook for a single PvP attack against a strong opponent you can use a few Orbaks... but so far testing has shown that simply using SMTTs and Jets are more effective.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#285 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:07 am

strawman3125 wrote:Overall I was disappointed with this event...

Some negatives:
- the vehicle dump in the first week > this is THE WORST objective in the game I hope that we never see it again!
- too many frags for useless units in the bonus crates > demo droids, orbak, elite orbak
> the other frags were great for bases that do not have them but for players that have those frags maxed out, there was nothing of value in this event...
- no event specific frags or samples in event objective crates!!! Come on how much effort would it take to add the Events headline unit frags and samples to the event objective crates; other events do this!
- the new unit sucks!
- the new skin sucks!

Some positives:
- the overall event structure and EP requirements, number of frags draws, etc. for weeks 2-4, were pretty good, probably the best from all of the events!

I agreed. In terms of worthlessness, it was no worse than TLJ Event with Bald Dude and Barack's cousin, the Crazy Donkey. At least my 2 new bases have managed to unlock IG/Iakaru and Kubaz, and even Kessen, and raise them to level 2. Two of my oldest bases have managed to max out Ithorian and eATTE. My two Prestige and HQ 9 only participated for the crystals and to unlock the new units.

Events should never last as long. Two weeks for such units would be ideal. Three weeks if there are more units like Naval units and Rogue One units, but never four weeks.

Releasing a new unit and giving players a chance to max out them by just playing the Event - instead of buying Crates or even waiting 6 months to maxout these units in a similar future Event - doesn't seem very smart in terms of trade. Probably Zynga acknowledged that they would not be attractive and no one would buy crates, so they released as many rewards as possible in the Crates.

I haven't tested either Barack or Barack Elite for any of my bases, and I won't do it anytime soon. I'll spend today opening HD crates for my 5 active bases these last days, and it's a lot of crates!

I will use these two weeks of Rancors to stay far away from the game, and probably the next 4 weeks of Rogue One since my older bases (4) have played RO Events since the beginning and have most of these units maxed out.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation. Currently in "Giveandgettroops" (Level 50 Imperial Squad) and "SevenOfNine2" Level 50 Rebel Squad -- training squads, everyone is welcome!

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#286 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:10 am

Calboy wrote:Hey, can only cook lvl5 SMTT and never had a lvl 8 in my sc.

SMTT took a back seat when Orbaks got to lvl 6.

I deploy in second wave once a couple of barracks and factories are destroyed. They then make for the turrets sharpish.

Clumped together flashing barracks & factories are a dream so a small herd of orbaks are deployed first in that scenario.

Maybe a level 8 SMTT will ask me a question but never seen the light of day with them

That's the best way to deploy them, imo. They are really killer in cleanup because of the speed, the splash damage, and they shoot over walls and through shields.

Main base: I maxed the LIN and Jerry Orbach and got his suit to 9.

Secondary base: I maxed the ig86, the LIN, and got Jerry to 9 and his suit to 8.

Return to “General Discussions”